Engineering is the most sought after career options among Indian Students due to its lucrative career options. In order to have a good career in Engineering, you need to choose the right specialization alongside the right college. Picking up the right specialization in B.Tech helps you to reach your aims and aspirations easily.
Students planning to pursue Engineering in India will come across hundreds of specializations out there. Among the Engineering Courses out there some of the Best Ones are Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc. We have listed the Engineering Courses Admission Process, Course Duration, Eligibility Criteria, Scope, Colleges List, Fee Structure, Salary Offered, etc. all in one place.
Engineering Courses List
Below is the List of Engineering Courses available for different streams. All you need to do is simply tap on the direct links available here to know about the respective branch Fee Structure, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Admission Process, etc. You can clear all your queries using the information provided and get into your dream career.
- B.Tech Course Details
- M.Tech Course Details
- AutoCAD Course Details
- Biomedical Engineering Courses
- Sound Engineering Courses
- Textile Engineering Courses
- Genetic Engineering Courses In India
- Marine Engineering Courses
- Mining Engineering Course Details
- Aeronautical Engineering Courses
- Computer Science Engineering Courses
- Certificate Courses After Engineering
- Robotics Engineering Courses
- Which are the Best Engineering Courses in India
- Software Engineering Courses
- Software Testing Course Details
- Courses After B.Tech
- B.Tech Syllabus
- How to Get Admission in M.Tech Courses at IITs, NITs Without GATE Score
List of Best Engineering Courses in India
There are plenty of specializations out there for Engineering and we have listed the prominent ones in the below sections. Choose them as per your interest and join your favorite course. They are as such
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
Engineering Course Duration
Most of the Bachelor’s Degree Engineering Courses are for 4 Years in which two years are for core courses and the other two years are for discipline-specific courses.
Engineering Courses Admission Process
Mostly, the Admission Process for Engineering takes place through the Entrance Exams. However, certain universities enroll the candidate’s Admission via their College Portals and provide them the Admission if they meet the Eligibility Criteria Set by them.
Engineering Entrance Exams
Majority of the Engineering Institutes in India Select Candidates for Admission depending on the entrance exams and ranks. Some Institutes conduct common national exams whereas few colleges conduct their own entrance exams. Some of the Popular Engineering Exams at the UG and PG levels are given below.
UG Level Entrance Exams
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
PG Level Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Courses
Check the Eligibility Criteria and Minimum Aggregate needed for the Engineering Courses. They are as follows
|Candidates should have cleared the Class XII from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects|
|They need to clear the 12th Std with a minimum of 60% Aggregate|
|Diploma||Aspirants need to clear the 10th Std or Equivalent Examination, with at least 35 % in Science and Maths Subjects.|
|ME/MTech||Candidates who finished their BE/BTech Degree with a valid score in GATE are eligible.|
|BTech Lateral Entry||Candidates must have passed a three-year Diploma granted by the Board of Technical Examination of a State Government, with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.|
|PhD||Aspirants need to score a minimum of 55% marks or 5.5 CPI Marks in BTech/MTech or Equivalent Degree.|
Top Engineering Colleges in India
Check out the Popular Engineering Colleges in India from the below list. Refer to the following as per your need and join the ones that suit you and pursue your respective Engineering Course.
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani
- SRM University, Chennai
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- RV College of Engineering (RVCE), Bangalore
- Sardar Patel College of Engineering (SPCE), Mumbai
- BMS College of Engineering (BMSCE), Bangalore
- Thapar University, Patiala
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT), Bangalore
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS), Chennai
- Lovely Professional University (LPU), Phagwara
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Sathyabama University, Chennai
- AMC Engineering College, Bangalore
- PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Delhi
- KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT) Gandhinagar
- KJ Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai
Engineering Courses Fee Structure
Fees for each and every college depends on the infrastructure, prestige, and other placement offers. In fact, there will be a difference in the fees provided for management and government quota provided a difference in the beneficiaries too.
- Diploma In Engineering Courses
- Diploma in Auto Mobile Engineering Courses
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Career Options after Engineering
Students after finishing their Engineering will have a plethora of opportunities. Engineering is used in almost all walks of life and hence it continues to be the most popular undergraduate course. Thus, we have listed few career pathways in which you can set your foot after B.Tech
- Higher Studies in Engineering
- Government Jobs
- Civil Services
- Defense Forces
Salary Offered to an Engineering Graduate
Engineering graduates will earn a salary depending on the Experience Gained, Seniority, and Sector of Employment. Salary will not be a constraint if you have the right skills.
FAQs on Engineering Courses
1. How many Specializations are there in Engineering?
There are a number of Specializations in Engineering. You can choose the specialization you are interested in the list available here and pursue your studies.
2. What is the Eligibility Criteria for Engineering?
Candidates who want to get into Engineering needs to finish their +2 or 12th Std with a minimum aggregate of 60% from a recognized board.
3. Is Engineering easy to study?
Engineering is not so easy to study. One needs to have a strong foundation in maths and science in order to tackle the curriculum. But, if you keep efforts you can clear the course with flying colors.
We wish the knowledge shared above regarding Engineering Courses has shed some light on you. If you wish to know about any Course Details you can always look up to us. Bookmark our site to avail streamwise and category courses information at your fingertips.