List of M.Tech Courses in Civil Engineering: When we explore the field of engineering we find that it is a wide ocean of opportunity, which leads to different career paths that are related to the same branch. There are several branches of engineering that open the door to a prosperous career and huge income possibility.
Civil Engineering is related to topics such as building projects, machinery, materials, and so on. An M.Tech degree can be used to pursue a specialization in this sector. An M.Tech degree is a postgraduate technological program that focuses on the layout, supervision, and road construction, bridges, passageways, buildings, airlines, dams, sewer systems, etc.
If have a dream of becoming an engineer and have a fruitful career, we are here to guide you with all the details about M.Tech Courses in Civil Engineering that will help you to get an idea of the course and start with your journey.
- About M.Tech Courses in Civil Engineering
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering Course Duration
- Skill Required for M.Tech Civil Engineering Courses in IIT
- Top M.Tech in Civil Engineering Colleges in India
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering Eligibility
- ME/M.Tech in Civil Engineering Admission 2022
- Entrance Exams for M.Tech Civil Engineering Courses
- Tips to Prepare for the M.Tech Civil Entrance Test 2022
- Best Books & Study Material for GATE Civil Engineering 2022 Preparation
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering Syllabus
- Career Scope of M.Tech in Civil Engineering 2022
- Job Opportunities After M.Tech Civil Engineering Courses in India
- Top Companies that Hire M.Tech Civil Engineers
- Area of Employment for M.Tech in Civil Engineering
- M.Tech Civil Engineering Salary in India
- Is M.Tech Civil Engineering a viable career path?
- Which is the best branch for M.Tech in civil engineering?
- What are the benefits of pursuing an M.Tech in Civil Engineering?
- Is GATE required for admission to the M.Tech Civil Engineering program?
- What are the requirements for admission to the M.Tech Courses in Civil Engineering?
M.Tech in Civil Engineering is a postgraduate program that focuses on designing, monitoring, and constructing big infrastructure, buildings, roadways, dams, etc. It is a program that is ideal for students who are interested in engineering and designing new things and it offers numerous opportunities to an individual in the field of construction and infrastructure industries.
M.Tech Civil Engineering students learn about structural components and operational processes. Students who complete the course can work as Coordinators, Draftsmen, Civil Engineering Specialists, City Planners, Building Designers, Project Engineers, and so on. If you want to make a career in this field and have the passion and interest in making something new and unique with your skill and talent this is the field for you.
Master of Technology is a two-year postgraduate course that is divided into two semesters. It is considered the most highly specialized course in the engineering discipline. The topic you would be learning in this course includes construction works such as structures, building services, material shaping, irrigation projects, road construction, and so on. The course is valuable and useful, as it opens up many job opportunities for aspirants after they complete it.
Skill Required for M.Tech Civil Engineering Courses in IIT
Skills are the most important thing that is required to accomplish our tasks efficiently and effectively. Here we have listed some of the important skills that you should possess which will help you in the successful completion of the task and career growth.
- Capability in communication – both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Industry Standards
- Understanding of the subjects studied in the B.E./B.Tech.
- Team player
- Creative thinking
- Exposure on Multiple Levels
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Leadership and Management Capabilities
- Commitment to learning and a desire to learn
- Familiarity with computers and information technology
- Paying close attention to details
Several colleges offer M.Tech Courses in Civil Engineering and it is difficult to find the best suitable college as per your need and location. Hence, we have listed some of the popular colleges along with their Total fees and Type(Public and Private) so that it will be easy for you to choose the best among many.
Also, please note that the fees might vary slightly according to the institutions and their fee structure.
|Name of the Institutions||Public /Private||M.Tech in Civil Engineering Fees|
|IIT Hyderabad||Public||INR 83.1 K|
|IIT Varanasi (BHU)||Public||INR 69.18 K|
|IIT Madras||Public||INR 30.95 K – 8.19 L|
|IIT Kanpur||Pubic||INR 44.15 K – INR 1.71 L|
|MIT School of Bio-Engineering Sciences and Research, MIT-ADT University||Private||INR 3.5 L – INR 9.5 L|
|Prestige Institute of Engineering Management and Research||Private||INR 1.2 L|
|Amity University||Private||INR 2.96 L – INR 13.6 L|
|UEM Jaipur||Private||INR 1 L – INR 1.33 L|
For aspirants who wish to pursue M.Tech Courses for Civil Engineering, certain criteria must be fulfilled to be considered for admission. You can refer to the details given below for the eligibility criteria.
- To be admitted to the M.Tech program, you must first pass a regional or international level entrance test.
- The most well-known entrance exam is the GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) and TANCENT (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test), which offers admittance to IITs and is also acknowledged by many best engineering organizations in India.
- Applicants are required to have a degree in Technology or BTech from a recognized university.
- Applicants are required to score at least a 55 percent average in their Bachelor’s degree examination.
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit.
The registration process takes several months and commences months before classes. The majority of Indian academic institutions and universities provide admittance to the M.Tech Civil Engineering program based on applicants’ achievements in the GATE entrance test. Also, check the simple steps on how to get admission in M.Tech Courses at IITS NITS without GATE Score.
- Online Application: Applicants must first sign up for the entrance exam online.
- Fill out the online application form: After creating a login id, applicants must fill out an application form with their personal and academic information, as well as the information about the course they wish to pursue.
- Upload the required documents: During this step, applicants must upload the required documents that include a photo, signature, graduation, diploma, and so on.
- Registration fees: After updating the necessary documentation, students must pay the registration fee via online methods such as net banking, credit card, etc.
- Download Registration Form: Once the registration fees have been paid, applicants must save and install the form for reference purposes.
- Admit Card Distribution: The admittance regulator will distribute admit cards to qualified students based on information submitted by the applicant.
- Examination Dates: The exam schedule will be published by various conducting bodies after receiving the admit card. Applicants must take and pass the entrance exam to be admitted.
- Announcement of Result: At the end of the process, admissions officers will announce the results of the entrance exams they took.
- Group Conversation and Personal Interview: The applicant who has been selected must attend additional admission rounds, including a group conversation and a personal interview.
To choose the best candidate for admittance to their institutions and universities they use a standardized entrance test. Those who perform well in this entrance exam can expect to be admitted to any of the reputable engineering colleges that offer Civil Engineering. Some of the popular entrance tests for M.Tech in Civil Engineering Course are as follows:
- AP PGECET
If you are preparing for the M.Tech Civil Engineering entrance test, we have some tips for you that might be of assistance:
- Review the previous year’s questionnaire this will assist you in understanding the types of questions in the examination.
- Properly manage the time for your study, prepare and maintain a timetable for your studies and follow it religiously
- Aspirants must have a clear understanding of the examination pattern and questions.
To compete in an entrance test or an exam you need some good books to read so that can clear your exam. Hence to assist you in your entrance test we have listed some of the best books for the GATE Civil Engineering entrance test.
|Books & Study Materials||Authors|
|R.C.C. Designs (Reinforced Concrete Structures) (Edition 3)||B.C.Punmia, Ashok Kumar Jain, Arun Jain|
|Strength of Materials (Edition 2)||U.C Jindal|
|Basics and Applied Soil mechanics (Edition 2)||Gopal Ranjan, A.S.R.Rao|
|Highway Engineering||S.K.Khanna, C.E.G.Justo|
M.Tech Civil Engineering includes a wide range of elective subjects, which may vary from one institution to the other. The first semester is devoted to theoretical notions, while the second year necessitates learners to complete a research project as well as gain industrial experience. You can refer to the table below for the combined syllabus:
|S/ No||First Year||Second Year|
|1||Clay Mineralogy||Flow-through Porous Media|
|2||Ground Improvement Engineering||Pavement Analysis and Design|
|3||Design of Foundation Systems||Engineering Geology|
|4||Soil-Structure Interaction||Modeling and Simulation|
|5||Environmental Impact||Computational and Statistical Methods|
|6||Engineering Properties of Soils Foundation Engineering A||Advanced Rock Mechanics|
|7||Soil Dynamics and Machine Foundation||Geotechnical Exploration and Advanced Soil Testing|
|8||Rock Mechanics||Neuro-Fuzzy Applications in Civil Engineering|
|9||Earth Dams and Slope Stability||Case Histories in Geotechnical Engineering|
|10||Earth Pressure||Computer-Aided Design of Foundations|
M.Tech in Civil Engineering has a broader application both in India and abroad. There are numerous employment opportunities in both the government and private industry. One with an M.Tech degree in Civil Engineering can pursue careers as Civil Engineers, Project Managers, Junior Engineers in CPWD, and many other positions.
Students can select any of the careers based on qualifications and preferences as this is the highest honorary degree, and it will almost certainly land you a high-paying role in one of the leading companies.
With an M.Tech in Civil Engineering degree, one has a wide range of career prospects. They have viable alternatives in both private and public organizations. Below we have listed some of the job profiles offered to an M.Tech in Civil Engineering:
- Senior Civil Engineer
- Inventory Manager
- Structural Design Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Assistant Professor
- Project Manager
M.Tech in Civil Engineering is hired by every company – private or public, large or small – and hires engineers in a variety of roles. Below we have listed some of the Top companies that hire M.Tech in Civil Engineering graduates.
- Newton Engineering & Chemicals Ltd.
- Infosys Limited
- ITD Cementation India Limited
- Cushman & Wakefield Inc
- JMC Projects
- Coastal Projects Pvt Ltd (CPPL)
- Bridge & Roof Co. Ltd.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited
The focus of Civil Engineering is primarily on the Building and Construction Management sectors. Because the Civil Engineering sector contributes significantly to the country’s economic growth, graduates have numerous potential. Following M.Tech Civil Engineering, there are numerous opportunities in a variety of industries.
We have listed some areas of recruitment where there is a high chance of getting a job for a degree holder in M.Tech Civil Engineering
- Infrastructural (Civil Engineering)
- Facility Engineering
- Educational Institutions
- Residential Building Construction
- Real Estate Development
- Oil and Gas Industries
The average M.Tech in Civil Engineering Salary varies between INR 5-10 LPA however; their salary also depends on their skill, efficiency, expertise, and the type of firm where they are employed.
To give you a brief idea of the salary received by an M.Tech in Civil Engineering, we have listed some of the job profiles along with their salaries:
- Civil Engineer: INR 5.7LPA
- Design Engineer: INR 8.36 LPA
- Construction Plant Engineer: INR 5.89.LPA
- Project Coordinator: INR 6.85 LPA
- Planning Engineer: INR 7.58 LPA
FAQs on Masters in Civil Engineering Courses in India
1. Is M.Tech Civil Engineering a viable career path?
Indeed, M.Tech in Civil Engineering is a viable career option that guarantees students a stable future in this line of work. After completion of the course, one can work as a Civil Engineer, Plant Manager, and so on.
Some of the prevalent branches for M.Tech civil engineering include structural engineering, transportation engineering, construction management, etc.
After completing the M.Tech Civil Engineering course, you will be able to work in a variety of government or private sectors such as building sites, retail industries, and manufacturing units, among others.
No, a GATE qualification is not required for admission to the M.Tech Civil Engineering program. Few colleges admit students based on merit in the postgraduate examination.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent discipline from a recognized college/institution to be qualified to apply to the M.Tech Civil Engineering course.
Now that you have all the required details regarding the M.Tech Courses in Civil Engineering take a step ahead and go for it. For more career updates and other course details, visit our comprehensive website @ncertbooks.guru