Animation Courses: The decision to pursue Animation as a career option might be perfect for you if you have an amateur or an expert-level interest in drawing, photography, and creativity. Animation and Multimedia provide you with a field where you can portray all of the above skills, along with several similar other dynamic visual skills.
Animation is not only an exciting field of study, but it is also up and coming. It is typically defined as a dynamic medium, where objects and characters are manipulated and made to move in a three-dimensional space.
Do Check: Vocational Courses in India
As a student pursuing Animation, you would come in terms with concepts such as 2D hand drawing, 3D Computer generation, stop modeling, and model animation techniques. All these concepts are diverse methods to create animated sequences and movements.
Animation and Multimedia deal with several branches and topics – these include Web Media, Marketing Media, 3D Media, etc. Animators usually link themselves in two broad areas – 2D Animation and 3D Animation. While both the concepts have a more or less similar methodology, 3D Animation is more flexible and diverse.
People pursuing and involved in the field of Animation get a chance to create visual animated images for televisions, video games, films, cartoons, and electronic media. The area of Animation is quite a fascinating one if you are an animation enthusiast. Moreover, the career prospects and the revenue involved in the field of Animation is quite lucrative.
Hence, if you incline Animation, you should pursue it. As mentioned, the job and the salary prospects are definitive, and the demand for animators is also soaring.
- Animation Courses in India
- Career and Job Opportunities Under Animation Courses
- Animation Courses Salary Prospects
- Is Animation a good career option to pursue?
- What should one do to pursue Animation?
- What are the different career prospects in Animation?
- What is the course duration for Animation?
Animation Courses Skills and Qualities
Necessarily, to become an animator, one should possess a number of few qualities and skills –
- Powerful Observation
- Minute Attention
- Software skills
This article provides you a complete guide for Animation and various related courses in India in this particular field. It lists and talks in detail about several animation courses online you can pursue after completing your 12th and after your graduation.
List of Animation Courses
Refer to the list of animation courses after the 12th available below and join the course as per your interest. Get full-fledged knowledge on the animation courses specializations in it accordingly. They are as follows
- Graphic Designing Course Details
- UI Design Course Details
- Web Designing Courses
- Textile Designing Courses
- Jewellery Design Course
- Animation Courses
- Photography Courses
- Digital Photography Course Details
- CCNA Course Details
- BA Visual Communication Course
- Fashion Photography Courses
- Animation and Multimedia – 3 years
- Animation and C.G. Arts – 3 years
- Animation and Graphic Design – 3 years
- Digital Filmmaking and Animation – 3 years
- Animation and Multimedia – 3 years
- Animation and Gaming – 3 years
- Animation and VFX – 3 years
- Animation – 3 years
- Animation, Graphics and Web Designing – 3 years
Under Graduate Courses Duration
All the Bachelor’s Degree courses in Animation and Digital Art is of 3 years.
Under Graduate Courses Eligibility
- Candidates should have qualified in the class 12th Board Examination.
- Candidates can come from any of the three streams – Arts, Commerce or Science.
- The candidates should have passed from under a recognized Board.
- A few institutions might have a specific qualifying-mark criterion, which is usually 50%.
An Under-graduate course in Animation deals with the fundamental aspects of 2D and 3D Animation, the basic concepts of Digital Art and preparatory course work.
The other bachelor’s degree courses that enthusiast can pursue include
- Print Media and Layout
- 3D Modelling and Animation
- Digital Interactivity
- Media Storytelling
- Digital Project Management
- 2D Animation – 1 year
- Animation and Filmmaking – 1 to 2 years
- 3D Animation – 1 year
- Animation and VFX – 1 year
- Digital Animation – 1 year
- Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Course
- Animation, Video Editing, and Post Production work – 1 to 2 years
- C.G. Animation – 6 months
- VFX Course – 6 months
Diploma Courses Duration
The duration for the diploma courses are usually one year; some of the specifications can be between 6 months to 2 years.
Diploma Courses Eligibility
- The candidate should have passed the 12th standard examination.
- The candidate should have qualified from a recognized educational board.
- The candidate can be from any stream – Science, Commerce, Arts.
- Candidates might be asked for a minimum of 50% of the qualifying score.
- Some colleges grant diploma courses and degrees in Animation to students who have completed education just till standard tenth.
The Diploma Animation is a suitable course for beginners. The candidates can take this course to develop skills and advance their knowledge in Animation as well as in Visual Effects. Having completed this course, one can enroll for undergraduate or postgraduate Animation courses.
- VFX – 3 to 6 months
- Editing, mixing and post-production work – 6 months
- 2D Animation – 3 to 6 months
- C.G. Arts – 3 to 6 months
- 3D Animation – 3 to 6 months.
Certificate Courses Duration
The Certificate courses in Animation are usually for six months. Some courses can take less than six months, between 3 to 6 months.
Certificate Courses Eligibility
- The candidate needs to qualify at least the class 10th board examination.
The certificate training programs are not as detailed and advanced as the undergraduate and diploma courses in Animation are. These courses are a perfect fit for people who are enthusiasts and want to be skilled in Animation out of sheer interest.
The Postgraduate degree Courses in Animation is further advanced studies in the said discipline. The post-graduation courses include M.A. in Animation and M<.Sc in Animation.
To pursue Post Graduation in Animation, a particular Animation discipline needs to be selected to further in. The conventional regulations for Post Graduation in Animation includes
- Specific Software
- Visual Effects
- Graphic Design
- Game Design
- 3D Animation
- Digital Filmmaking
- Animation and Multimedia
- Animation and Multimedia
- Animation and digital filmmaking
- Visual Effects
- P.G. Diploma in Animation
Post Graduate Courses Duration
The duration for the postgraduate courses in Animation is two years.
Post Graduate Courses Eligibility
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in the respective field.
Unlike in old times, the demand for animators in the industries is increasing rapidly. Animators are now required in various sectors of the economy.
Owing to such high demand, the number of job opportunities and career prospects is also increasing in the field of Animation.
Below, we have stated a few of the career fields where Animators can advance.
- A Director
- Script Writer
- Digital Painter
- Production Designer
- Storyboard Artist
- Layout Artist
Animators can also choose to work under firms and industries. Some of the sectors with a high demand for animators include
- Animation Studios
- Film Production Houses
- Advertising Agencies
- Game developing Firms
- Media Agencies
- Post-production Houses
- Web Entities
Generally, the starting salary of an Animator ranges from IN 10,000 to IN 20,000 a month. Further, the pay varies from person to person depending upon one’s job, qualifications, grades, skills, and aptitude. Higher the potentiality, the higher the salary.
FAQ’s on Animation Courses
Yes. The animation is a prospective field. There is a rising need for animators in all sectors of society; the salary is also high. If you have an interest in the area, you should pursue it.
To pursue Animation, you can first enroll in a Diploma or an Undergraduate Animation course. Further, you can continue in studies in the field by opting for Post Graduation courses in Animation.
There are many career prospects for Animators to pursue. These include Game developers, digital filmmaking, post-production workers, digital artists, etc.
The undergraduate courses in Animation are of 3 years. The P.G. Courses are for two years. Intermediate Diploma and Certificate courses of maybe two years and three months, respectively.