Web Designing Courses: Web Designing has gained momentum and popularity as a career in the last few years. During the other times, Web Designing courses remained limited. Only limited institutions offered courses in or related to Web Designing.
The present-day has evolved and holds numerous institutions that provide various formats for Web Designing in India. A few of these courses can be short-term or long-term courses.
Web Designing courses often come in pairs or bundles with other relevant Computer courses as combos. A few examples are Web designing with visual effects, web designing with animation, web designing with multimedia, web design with graphics, etc.
This article on Web Designing courses will be of help to those students that are interested in pursuing a web designing course. Given below are a few best web designing courses that you can pursue after class 12. This article will provide details regarding the curriculum, admission process, syllabus, and available career opportunities.
- Scope of Web Designing
- Skills Required to Succeed in Web Designing
- Types of Web Designing Courses
- Web Designing Courses Offered in India
- Web Designing Courses Duration
- Web Designing Courses Eligibility Criteria
- Web Designing Career Opportunities
- Who can apply for Web Designing courses?
- What are the needed qualification requirements for Web Designing jobs?
- What are the employment vacancies for graduates from Web designing courses?
- What is the average salary package for graduates from Web Designing courses?
What is Web Designing or Web Developing?
Web designing is a process of designing and creating internet portals, or entities, and websites. It encompasses different aspects like graphic design, content production, and webpage layouts.
The modern-day Web designing goes beyond aesthetics and functionality. It is not just limited to websites but has expanded to other mediums such as mobile apps, user interface, and web apps. Web Designing is also not restricted to structure and layout. It also works with technical aspects such as coding, Provides uniques brand identity, works with optimization, performance, and hosting.
Web Designing is a subdivision of Web development, and often Web designing and web development are interchangeable.
Web designing is a short-term, job-oriented course that provides enormous opportunities for students in the work field.
- Web designing sees scope in private and public organizations for their website development and online work.
- With the advent and the rapid growth of the online industry, there holds a high demand for professional web designers. This considerable demand keeps increasing at a fast rate and has created massive opportunities for graduates.
- Web Designing provides business opportunities, whether big, medium or small, to create a robust online presence.
- An experienced person in the field of Web designing can work as a freelancer. Many online companies provide projects to individual experienced people. Web designing offers skillful opportunities for self-employment individuals.
- Web designing has created a platform with numerous projects and jobs. It only needs creativity and talent to make significant and score to achieve ample job opportunities.
- Web Designing or developing offers work for Multi-National Companies(MNC) type sectors.
A good web designer should possess the following skills to achieve great heights.
- Visual Design skills: These skills come handy with color psychology, grid systems, type hierarchy, typography, web fonts, and color palettes.
- User Experience: A user experience skill is required to enhance navigation, CTAs, colors, content, etc.
- Print Designing skills: This skill improves the website’s traffic and helps designers create an offline marketing campaign.
- Resource: This skill leverages designing tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Animate, and Adobe After Effects.
- Communication Skills: This skill helps the designer or developer effectively convey the technical information in clear language.
- Proactivity and Creativity: This skill helps to create and contribute their ideas and solutions.
- Time-Management Skills: This skill is essential to present the work on the respective deadlines.
- Computer knowledge: A web designer must have strong computer knowledge to navigate throughout.
- Knowledge about coding languages: A web designer must have experience in coding languages such as CSS, Python, HTML, Java, etc.
- Learning about relevant software: A web designer or developer must know software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, Sitebuilder, etc.
In India, web designing courses offer three main formats. They are:
- Bachelor’s Degree courses
- Diploma courses
- Certificate courses
However, among the three formats, as mentioned above, the Bachelor’s Degree courses are highly valued. The Diploma courses follow this, and finally, the certificate courses have the least value.
Bachelor’s Degree Course
The following are the Web Designing courses offered in the Bachelor’s Degree:
- Bachelor in Web Designing and Graphic course
- Bachelor of Science in Web Designing and Multimedia course
- Bachelor of Science in Animation and Web Designing course
- Bachelor of Science in Web Designing and VFX course
Diploma or Credential Courses
The following are the Web Designing courses offered in Diploma:
- Diploma in web designing and graphics course
- Diploma in web designing and internet technology course
- Diploma in web designing course
- Diploma in a web development course
- Diploma in web designing and animation course
The following are the Web Designing courses offered in Certificate Courses:
- Certificate in web designing course
- Certificate in HTML, CSS, and PHP course
- Certificate in web designing and digital marketing course
- Certificate in web designing and animation course
- Certificate in web and graphics design course
- Certificate in web designing and 2D animation course
- Certificate in web designing and internet technology course
- Certificate in a web development course
Post Graduate Courses
Apart from the three main entries, here are a few Postgraduate courses that offer web designing courses:
- PG Diploma in Web Designing course
- Advanced Diploma in Web Designing course
- Master of Science in Multimedia and Web Designing course
- PG Certification in Web Designing course
- Master of Science in Web Designing and Animation course
- The Bachelor’s Degree Course in web Designing requires about three years to complete.
- The Diploma Course in Web Designing requires about two years to complete.
- The Advanced Diploma Courses in Web Designing requires about a year to complete.
- The Certificate Course in Web Designing requires Eighteen months to two years to complete.
- The Post Graduate Courses in Web Designing requires two years to complete.
- To complete for any of the courses as mentioned above, the candidate must have completed class 10 and class 12 from a recognized institution and board of Education.
- The Admission process in particular institutions that are available for the courses in Web Designing is done based on entrance exams such as UCEED, NATA, etc.
- The Post Graduate degree and diploma courses will be available for those students who have completed their three-years Undergraduate courses in the field of Web Designing.
An Individual report states that the employment opportunities for Web designing courses have a projected growth rate of 20 percent from 2012-2022. The modern period is driven by the growing demand and popularity of e-commerce and mobile devices.
The average pay for a Web designing course graduate is around INR 268,631 per annum. However, if the graduate posses an additional E-commerce skill, they are associated with high pay for the job. Experience play as a significant influencer in the income section for this job. Any of the Web designing courses provide top position jobs after ten years of experience growth.
Career opportunities for Web Designing course graduates include:
- Game developer
- UX researcher
- UX designer
- Web Designer
- Web developer
- Multimedia Programmer
- Application Developer
- Web content Manager
- Multimedia Specialist
- SEO Specialist
- Front-end developer
- UI designer
- Motion designer
However, there are specific other jobs that Web Designing courses would also be useful. They include:
- IT sales professional
- Database administrator
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Software tester
- Information systems manager
- Technical author
FAQ’s Web Designing Courses
Those aspirants who have completed their 10+12 from a recognized board with basic internet knowledge to build a website in the World Wide Web,
A fresh graduate has a scope as a Game developer, UX researcher, UX designer, Web Designer, Web developer, Multimedia Programmer, Application Developer, Web content Manager, Multimedia Specialist, etc.
The average pay for a Web designing course graduate is around INR 268,631 per annum. However, if the person posses an additional E-commerce skill and has tremendous experience, they are associated with top pay for the job.