Diploma in Web Designing Course: Web Designing is the art of designing websites that are displayed over the internet. The way the presentation of the website is done is of utmost importance since it is the thing that attracts people to the website. it is focused on giving the user a good experience with the website and not on software development.
It is the process of careful planning and designing the elements of a website, from its structure to fonts, layout, images, colors, and graphics. One of the most popular and booming sectors of the software department is the web development and designing sector and a diploma in web designing course will help the students to be well prepared for working in this field.
Here in this article, we will discuss the course details of the diploma in web designing course, the eligibility criteria, admission process, the fee structure, top colleges and universities, syllabus, the salary after completing a diploma in web designing, job profiles, benefits and future scope in 2022. So to know more about the diploma in web designing course, keep reading!
- What is Diploma in Web Designing?
- Who Should Do A Web Designing Diploma Course?
- Diploma Web Designing Course Eligibility
- Admission Process for Web Designing Diploma Courses
- Top Diploma in Web Designing Colleges
- Diploma in Web Designing Course Fees
- Diploma Web Designing Course Syllabus
- Job Options for Students After Certificate Course in Web Designing Diploma
- Diploma Web Designing Course Salary
- Benefits and Future Scope of Web Designing Diploma Course
- FAQ’s on Diploma in Web Designing Course in India
What is Diploma in Web Designing?
Diploma in Web Designing is a 1 or 2 year-long course where students are taught about different methods, aspects, techniques of designing a website. The exact duration of the course actually depends upon the College to which the student is admitted.
For people who work in the IT sector, this course is designed in such a manner that it will offer them sufficient knowledge and expertise so that they can work on different software for web designing. The admission to a diploma in web designing courses is offered on the basis of an interview and marks obtained by the student in the entrance examination.
The eligibility criteria for the candidates is that they must have at least 55% marks in the HSC examination in any stream from a recognized Board of Education. After completing a diploma and web designing, a fresher can expect a salary somewhere between INR 2 lakhs to INR 8 lakhs per annum. The top posts for students of diploma in web design are layout analyst, web application developer, front end web developer, web marketing analyst, etc.
The web designing field has seen a significant amount of hike in the last few years and is expected to grow at a very high rate in the upcoming years as well. This can be a very good career option for someone who is interested in web designing.
Who Should Do A Web Designing Diploma Course?
A web designing diploma course is for the people who either are working or want to work in the IT sector in the web development field. Web designing is a skilled field in the IT sector, and the diploma in web design is designed in such a manner that it will definitely offer a lot of knowledge experience, and expertise of working on different software to the students enrolling in this course. If you want to build your career in the field of web designing, doing a diploma in web designing course might just be the right option for you.
This course will give you the theoretical and practical knowledge required to design websites so that you can take your career forward in this field. The duration of this course is one or two years depending upon the College in which you take admission and if you want to really learn web designing skills, you must go for a diploma in web designing course.
Diploma Web Designing Course Eligibility
Following is the eligibility criteria for admission in a web designing diploma course:
- The students must have cleared an equivalent exam for their desired college.
- Some colleges also have a requirement that the student must have mathematics as one of their subjects during their class 12th.
Admission Process for Web Designing Diploma Courses
The admission in a diploma course for web designing is done through both a merit-based approach and an entrance examination basis. Following is the process for admission in a web designing diploma course:
- The candidates who want to get admission in a web designing course for a diploma can apply to the course in both online or offline modes.
- They can either go for the online mode application via the official website of the institute in which they want to take admission or go for an online mode of application by visiting the college and submitting their application in an offline mode.
- The students must fill out the application form required and upload all the necessary documents that are asked in the application form.
- After completion of the application process, if the students get selected for further rounds they must go for counseling and attend the personal interview round so that they can get admission to their desired college.
- The students are also advised to keep checking the official website of the Institute for updates on the admission process.
- For entrance bid based admissions, the following are the entrance examinations that the students can apply for:
- BHU UET
- SOFT CET
- NID Entrance Exam
Top Diploma in Web Designing Colleges
Following is the list of the top colleges that provide premium quality education in the course of diploma in web designing:
- Christ University
- Vimala College
- Vogue Institute of Art and Design
- Aligarh Muslim University
- School of Fashion Technology
- Loyola College
- Stella Maris College
Diploma in Web Designing Course Fees
The fee for a diploma course in web designing can range from somewhere between INR 50,000 to INR 5,00,000. The fee completely depends upon the College in which the student takes admission. The average fee of the course is somewhere around INR 1 to 2 Lakhs.
Diploma Web Designing Course Syllabus
The entire course of a diploma in web designing course is divided into 4 semesters. The syllabus might vary from college to college but the basic topics that must be included in the semesters are mentioned below. Following is the syllabus of the course semester wise:
- Basic principles involved in developing a website
- Rules of web design
- Planning process
- Home page layout
- Design concept
- Page design
- Study of colors
- Art and aesthetic
- Preparation of advertisement, magazine
- Concept of interactive design
- Digital platform
- Visual reading elements
- Basic image editing
- Digital output
- Digital photography
- Short depth of field
- Artificial light
- Asymmetrical balance
- Adobe Photoshop
- Graphic design
- Basics of digital photography
- Beginning: CSS
- HTML, XHTML
- Multimedia in practice
- Block properties in CSS
- Practicing hyperlink of the website
- Working with text and font properties
- Video frame grabber
- Artificial light
Job Options for Students After Certificate Course in Web Designing Diploma
Following are the top job roles for students after completing a diploma in web designing course:
- Project manager
- App developer
- Web designer
- Graphic designer
- Web application developer
Diploma Web Designing Course Salary
After completing a diploma in web designing course, a fresher can expect a salary from somewhere between INR 2,00,000 to INR 6,000,000 per annum. The salary of an individual keeps on increasing at a very decent rate after they have gained some experience in the industry.
Benefits and Future Scope of Web Designing Diploma Course
Following is a list of the benefits and the future scopes of web designing:
- With the rapid growth of cell phone users, the job of a web developer and designer is getting higher and higher in demand. A person with multiple languages education and knowledge of digital tools will have an amazing scope for web development.
- Becoming a web designer will definitely lead you to live a good life since this job offers very good pay even to freshers. And as your experience in the industry keeps on increasing, your salary is going to increase exponentially.
- In the future, you can go for those studies by doing a post-graduation diploma or an MBA, and even a Ph.D. Doing these courses will elevate your career to another level and you will see a great hike in your salary.
FAQ’s on Diploma in Web Designing Course in India
1. Can I pursue a diploma in web designing course after class 10th?
Yes, students who finish their class 10th can opt for a diploma course or a certification course in web designing.
2. Is web designing a good career option?
Yes, the demand for web designers at this present moment is very high. Apart from that, companies also look for multi-talented professionals who can work in different fields in their company such as marketing, development, etc so that they can perform more than one role and add value to the company.
3. Is a certification course and web designing better than a diploma in web designing?
Both of these courses are quite similar in nature. The students who want more in-depth knowledge of the topic can go for a diploma and web designing and students who are looking for a shorter course on the subject and are in need of a certificate for the same can opt for certification courses in web designing. It absolutely depends upon the need of the student.
4. Can I learn web designing from Home?
Yes, you can definitely go for various online courses or distance education to complete your web designing course from home.
This article was jam-packed with information regarding the course details of a diploma in web designing course, the objectives, the eligibility criteria for enrolling in the course, admission process, the fee structure, top colleges, syllabus, job profiles, salary as a fresher, the benefits and the future scope of becoming a web designer, etc.
We hope that this article was able to provide you with the information that you were looking for and it will be able to help you with making your decision whether to go for this Course or not. Knowing all the details will definitely help you to make up your mind and make a sound decision for yourself. All the best!