Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Course Overview: Are you interested in editing videos, adding effects to multimedia videos and images? If yes, then you can choose this video editing as a career that recognises your creativity. After completing the DMA course, students are able to work for cartoon series, 3D films, and so on.
The main aim of the Diploma in Animation and Multimedia Course is to offer eligible students basic learning in the field of animation and multimedia with their real-world applications. Students must have passed class 12th to apply for the Diploma in Multimedia and Animation admissions. The detailed admission process, eligibility criteria, future score, job profile, subjects, and salary details of the DMA course are provided in the following sections.
Get more information about other Diploma Course Details streamwise and category wise from this website.
- What is Diploma in Multimedia and Animation?
- Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Overview
- Diploma in Animation and Multimedia Eligibility Conditions
- Diploma in Multimedia & Animation Course Admission Procedure
- What are Top Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Entrance Exams?
- Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Steps to Get Admission in Top Diploma in Animation and Multimedia Colleges
- Diploma in Animation & Multimedia Course Fee Structure
- Skills Needed for Diploma in Multimedia & Animation Course
- Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Subjects
- DMA Important Books
- Top Colleges of Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Course
- Career Scope of Diploma in Animation and Multimedia
- Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Job Profile
- Expected Salary after Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Course
- What are the Benefits of the Multimedia and Animation Diploma Course?
- FAQ’s on Multimedia and Animation Diploma Course
What is Diploma in Multimedia and Animation?
Diploma in Multimedia and Animation is an undergraduate program. The students who have successfully finished this course will be given a diploma certificate. Students who have completed class 12 from a recognised board are eligible to apply for admission. Interested students have to take an entrance exam conducted by the universities and colleges. Qualified candidates have to submit their original documents at the time of the counselling round.
We have several good private and government colleges which offer this Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Course. The average course fee ranges from INR 10,000 to 10,00,000 for a 1-year duration. The diploma degree holders will get job opportunities in organizations that are designing cartoons for kids, animated movies and so on. The average salary package for DMA degree holders is INR 2,00,000 and 10,00,000 based on their experience in technology.
Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Overview
|Name of the Course||Diploma in Multimedia and Animation|
|Diploma in Animation and Multimedia Course Level||Undergraduate|
|DMA Course Duration||1 year|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed 10+2|
|Admission Process||Entrance/ Merit-Based|
|Diploma in Animation and Multimedia Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 10,00,000|
|Average salary offered||INR 2,00,000 to 10,00,000|
|Recruiting areas||Colleges, Website designing companies, Film industry, Content writing organizations.|
|Job Role||Website Designer, Analyst, Researcher, Multimedia Content Writer etc.|
Diploma in Animation and Multimedia Eligibility Conditions
Students who have satisfied the following eligibility can apply for the Multimedia and Animation Diploma Course Admission.
- Students must have passed class 12 from a recognised organisation.
- They should have a minimum of 50% of marks in class 10+2.
- Diploma in Information Technology Course Details
- Computer Courses
- Graphic Designing Course Details
- Web Designing Courses
Diploma in Multimedia & Animation Course Admission Procedure
Admission to this DMA course is done based on class 12 completed student’s performance in the qualifying examination. The different stages of the Diploma in Animation and Multimedia Course Admission Process are registration, filling the application form, scanning documents, paying the application fee, and getting admission.
Stage 1: Submission of Online Application Forms
- The universities will announce the registration dates on their websites along with the registration links.
- Students have to register with your details.
- Once the profile is created, log in and start the application process. Fill out the online application form with personal details, educational details, and others.
- Scan and upload the documents like mark sheets, photographs, and signature. All the documents must be scanned and uploaded in the specified format and size.
- Pay the application fee using the debit card/ credit card/ internet banking.
- Online application facilities will be made available in the College strictly for those who do not have access to the internet.
Stage 2: Admission Test
- Students have to appear for the entrance exam, creativity & design exam.
- Candidates must bring a pencil, eraser at the time of admission test.
Stage 3: Admission Process
- Qualified students will take the admission by paying the 1st instalment of the fee online.
What are Top Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Entrance Exams?
There are colleges that conduct entrance exams for taking admission into the Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Course. The exam duration is 2 to 3 hours where students have to answer objective type questions. The exam pattern and subjects details are completely released by colleges every year on their official websites.
Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
A well-planned preparation strategy will include all aspects of how to get qualified in the DMA entrance exam. The entrance test preparation plan details are also given here:
- At first, students must go through the Diploma in Animation and Multimedia Course Syllabus and make a note of all important topics.
- Prepare all the topics before the date of examination.
- Revise all the important topics from the syllabus. Make sure to solve all questions related to important topics.
- Try to solve previous question papers and check your accuracy in solving questions.
- Attend mock tests to gain confidence and time management skills.
Steps to Get Admission in Top Diploma in Animation and Multimedia Colleges
To get admission into top DMA colleges, a number of factors come into play. Here are a few steps to get admission in colleges.
- Students must be aware of all types of questions asked along with their difficulty level in the entrance exams.
- The questions will be covered from the 12th standard.
- You must score marks above the cut-off marks.
Diploma in Animation & Multimedia Course Fee Structure
The application fee and course fee for the diploma in animation and design. The fee structure of the academic course is planned by the management authority of the institute.
- Application Fee: Rs.300/-
- Average Course Fee: Rs.10,000 to Rs.10,00,000.
Skills Needed for Diploma in Multimedia & Animation Course
Candidates who wish to enrol in the programme are required to acquire the skill set to score maximum during the learning process and training. The students must have hands-on training to work on various applications to create animations. For a better understanding, you must have prior knowledge of computer skills and basic knowledge of the computer working. The list of diploma in multimedia and animation required skills are listed here:
- CAD Skills
- Communication Skills
- CAM Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Eye to Detail
- Logical Thinking
Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Subjects
Diploma in Multimedia and Animation is a one-year diploma program. The course curriculum includes project work, assignments, presentations. The detailed semester wise syllabus is listed here:
- A Module I(Multimedia Basics)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Computer Basis
- Macromedia Flash
- Coral Draw
- B Module II(2D Animation)
- Macromedia director
- Sound Forge
- Audio Video Mixing
- C Module III(3D Animation)
- 3D Modelling
- Texturing & Animation
- Rigging & Animation
- Project Work
DMA Important Books
Below provided are the important books and their author names that help students while studying Diploma in Animation and Multimedia program.
- Multimedia: Making it work by Tay Vaughan
- Stop Motion Animation by JC Purves
- Producing Animation by Catherine Winder
- The Art of 3D Computer Education and Effects by Isaac V.Kerlow
Top Colleges of Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Course
The list of top private and government colleges that offer Diploma in Multimedia and Animation programs are in the form of a table. The table contains details like course offering institution name, admission process and average fees.
|College Name||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees|
|IIFA Multimedia, Bangalore||Merit-Based||INR 76,700|
|Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar||Merit-Based||INR 99,000|
|FAD International, Pune||Merit-Based||INR 30,000|
|MATS University, Raipur||Merit-Based||INR 18,000|
|Apeejay Institute of Design, Delhi||Merit-Based||INR 1,72,000|
|Pearl Academy, New Delhi||Merit-Based||INR 5,23,000|
|Raffles Design International, Mumbai||Merit-Based||INR 8,29,000|
Career Scope of Diploma in Animation and Multimedia
There is a high career scope for students enrolled in multimedia and animation program. There is high demand for skilled students in the gaming, media industry. Individuals can find a lot of opportunities to work in cartoons, animated movies. Gaming designers, video editors are the demand professions for the students having a diploma in multimedia and animation course.
Candidates who wish to pursue higher education can register for a post-graduation diploma in animation and multimedia or a VFX course. They can also pursue M.Sc in animation or BSc in animation or other relevant specialisation.
Candidates who want to pursue an academic career can choose a career as a teacher or lecturer may pursue a PhD or M.Phil after completion of a master’s degree.
Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Job Profile
A huge number of career options have been waiting for those who have finished their diploma in multimedia & animation course in both government & private sectors. There are enormous job opportunities for students in this field.
Multimedia and Animation Diploma holders are hired in various sectors as animators, multimedia programmers, art directors, flash animators, film and video editors, 3D modellers, 3D animators, visualizers, web designers, AV editors, video editors, content developers, game developer, game testers, compositor and reviewer.
Freshers can expect a salary from INR 2,00,000 to INR 10,000,000 per year. The Diploma in Animation and Multimedia salary will change for the experienced candidates in this field.
The list of most common job profiles that multimedia and animation diploma holders can opt for are given here along with the job description and expected salary.
|Job Role||Joh Description||Expected Salary|
|Animator||The Animators are responsible for the movement of pictures once they are created on screen.||INR 3,00,000|
|Art Director||The main responsibility of an art director is to study the trends in the market and decide what can be placed in front of the customer.||INR 5,50,000|
|Flash Animator||With the help of Adobe flash, advanced animations are designed by flash animators. They utilize the existing codes to make Websites.||INR 3,20,000|
|Film and Video Editor||This editor is responsible for editing the movies, films and making a correct sequence by using animation technologies.||INR 3,50,000|
Expected Salary after Diploma in Multimedia and Animation Course
The salary packages for multimedia and animation diploma degree holders will depend on their skills and knowledge. The other factors that affect pay scale are the size and structure of the organisation and its location. We have given the salary details.
|1-3 years||Rs. 308,196|
|5-9 years||Rs. 510,061|
|10-19 years||Rs. 600,000|
What are the Benefits of the Multimedia and Animation Diploma Course?
There is high demand for animation and multimedia diploma degree holders who can work in animation and design fields. Candidates enrolled in the course can find numerous career opportunities to work in media houses, production companies, gaming solutions and other companies. They can also work in the field of the creation of 2D and 3D animated movies and cartoon films.
Students enrolled in the program get training to work on CAD, CAM software tools to create animations. The salary packages range between INR 2,00,000 to 10,00,000 per annum.
FAQ’s on Multimedia and Animation Diploma Course
1. What is a diploma in animation and multimedia after 10th?
Multimedia course includes 2D animation, 3D animation, graphic designing, and web designing. Candidates who have completed the 10th class from a recognised organization can go for the diploma course. Nowadays, the animation industry is growing at a fast pace.
2. What is the scope of a diploma in multimedia?
Career options after diploma in a multimedia course in areas like journalism, academic institutions, web industry, advertising, entertainment industry, designing, the publishing industry, print news media, cartoon production, etc.
3. What is a multimedia diploma course?
Diploma in multimedia is an undergraduate program that prepares students in the concepts of 2D, 3D, Web, Graphic, Visual Effects, and Cinema 4D. The course is offered for a period of 12 months.