UI Design Course Details: User interface design (UI) is the design for machines and software, such as mobile devices, home appliances, computers, and other electronic devices focusing on maximizing usability and the user experience. The aim is to make the user’s interaction as valuable and outspoken as possible to accomplish user goals.
The design process must balance visual elements and technical functionality to generate a system that is operational, useful, and adaptable to change the user’s needs. Graphic design and typography support its usability, influencing how the user performs specific interactions and improving the artistic appeal of the design.
Interface design involves a wide range of projects from computer systems, cars, and commercial planes; all of these projects include much of the same fundamental human interactions yet also require some unique skills and knowledge.
- Required Skillset for UI Design Course
- UI Design Course Eligibility Criteria
- UI Design Course Curriculum
- UI Design Job Profiles
- UI Design Course Fee Structure
- Top Colleges For UI Design
- 7 Best Online Courses To Learn UI Design Course
- Salary Offered After Completion of UI Design Course
- What is UI Design Course?
- Is a good Salary offered in this work?
- What qualifications are needed for this Course?
A Brief on UI Design
UI design needs a good understanding of user needs. It focuses on the demands of the platform or its user’s expectations. There are multiple phases and processes in the UI design.
- Functionality requirements gathering – Collecting a list of the system’s functionality to achieve projects goal and needs of the user.
- User and task analysis – Its a form of field research; it’s the analysis of the system’s prospective users by studying how they perform the tasks that the design must support and conducting interviews to elucidate their goals.
- Information architecture – it helps the Development of the process and information flow of the system
- Prototyping – Development of wire-frames, in the form of paper prototypes or simple interactive screens.
- Usability inspection – Here, an evaluator inspect a user interface. This is used in the development process as it can be used to judge prototypes or specifications for the system, which generally cannot be tested.
- Usability testing – Prototypes are tested on an actual user. They use a technique called think aloud protocol where the user is asked to talk about their thoughts during the experience. UI design testing allows the designer to understand the design’s reception from the viewer’s standpoint, thus facilitating creating successful applications.
- Graphical user interface design – Here, we see the Original look and feel of the design through the final graphical user interface (GUI). These are voice-controlled interfaces and design’s control panels and faces which involve oral-auditory interaction, while gesture-based interfaces witness users are engaging with 3D design spaces via bodily motions.
- Software Maintenance – After the interface’s deployment, exceptional maintenance change features, fix software bugs, or completely upgrade the system. Once a choice is formed to update the interface, the legacy system will undergo another version of the planning process and start to repeat the interface life cycle stages.
Required Skillset for UI Design Course
UI as a design specialization requires applicants to have sufficient technical knowledge and an eye for detail. To pursue the Course later make a future in UI/ UX design, candidates need to possess the below-mentioned skillset:
- Knowledge of software
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- VisualizationEye for detail
- Time management
- Visual communication skills
UI Design Course Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can pursue a UG degree in UI/ UX if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board. Students from any stream (Science/ Commerce/ Arts) are eligible to apply for UI/ UX course admission.
To secure admission in the PG level UI/UX Design course, candidates should have completed their graduation from a recognized college/ institute.
UI Design Course Curriculum
The course curriculum of the UI Design course varies as per the degree offered on completion of the Course. Apart from this, the subjects/ topics taught in the UI Design course may differ from one college to another. Download UI Design Course Syllabus PDF. Some common topics that are taught in a UI course offered at the UG level are:
BDes in User Experience Design
- Fundamentals of Design
- Principles of Design
- Visual Communication
- Empathy & User Study
- Ethnography & People Design
- Service Design
- Design Thinking
- Information & Data Study
- UI Design
- Interaction Design
- Design for Rural India
- Design for Futuristic Technologies
- Imagin 6D UX Process
BDes in Visual Communication
- Design Principles
- Studio Materials
- History I (Civilization & Technology)
- Visualization and representation
- Culture, Cinema, and Media-I
- Design Principles
- History II (Civilization, Culture & Society)
- Research & Documentation
- Measured Drawings
- Culture, Cinema, and Media-II
- Graphic & Communication Studio I
- Visual Design I
- Typography I
- Photography I
- Colour 1: Theory & Psychology
- CAD: Introduction
- History of the Arts I
- Graphic & Multimedia Studio II
- Visual Design II
- Typography II
- History of Visual Culture
- History of the Arts II
- Photography II
- Color II: Psychology of Color
- Visual Ergonomics and Human Perception
- Graphic Studio III
- Contemporary Practice: Art
- Visual Design III
- Sustainability in Design
- Color Theory III
- History of the Arts III
- Practice, Management & Enterprise
- Graphic Studio IV
- Design & Subculture
- Integrated Visual Systems
- Discourse & Writing – IV
- Elective Studio I
- Branding & Visual Merchandising
- Product Design
- Print & Pre-Press Portfolio
- Graphic Studio V & VI
- Design Futures
- Graphic Design & Society
- Elective Studio – II
- Branding & Visual Merchandising
- Product Design
BDes in Communication Design
- Art and visual perception
- Drawing 1: Object, nature and human figure sketching
- Elements of Design: Composition
- Socio-Cultural Signs & Symbols
- English: Creative Writing
- Colour Theory
- Drawing 2: Perceptive, Isometric and Orthographic
- Elements of Design: Colour and Form
- Typography 1: Calligraphy
- Drawing 3: Illustration Techniques and Styles Exploration
- Introduction to Digital Design 1: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Art History and Art Appreciation
- Drawing 4: Visualisation and Representation
- Basic Graphic Design
- Basic Photography
- Introduction to Digital Design 2: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Content Development
BDes in Transdisciplinary Design
- Unlearning and Orientation
- Introduction to Design Process Workshop
- Elements of Design
- Design Theory and Methods
- Exploring Design Disciplines
- Visualisation & Representation
- Construction Materials
- Visualizing space
- Material and Manufacturing
- UX (Empathy Maps/ Experience Maps)
- Creative Coding (Open Frameworks/Processing)
- Physical Computing (Arduino/ IoT/ Microcontrollers)
- Experimental Animation
- Material Study
- Manufacturing Processes
- Form Studies
- User experience design
- Product Ergonomics
- Introduction to computer and internet
- Drawing & sketching, fine arts, commercial arts
- Computer graphics and illustrator
- Communication skills
- Story writing, storytelling & storyboarding
- Visual communication
- Digital audio and sound forge
- Animation process and flash
- 3D Studio MAX
- Photoshop for 3D Studio MAX
- Character Studio
- HTML and CSS
- Video production basics
- Adobe Premiere
- After Effects (AFX)
- Working with Sound Forge
- Working with Dreamweaver
- Maya (software)
- Photoshop for Maya
- Multimedia technology
- Virtual reality
- Media digitization and production
Students can also go through subjects taught in UI design courses offered at the PG level.
- MDes in User Experience Design
- MDes in Interaction Design
- Master of Design in UI
This Course has a vast learning platform. It also has a Diploma And Certificate courses.
Diploma in Web UI Design Course
- 3-Dimensional Animation
- VFX certification courses
- Digital film making
- Graphic design and Multimedia
Certificate in UI Design Course
- Fundamentals of Computers, Multimedia, and internet
- Concepts of Graphics and Illustrations
- Basic Art
- Adobe Illustrator
- Corel Draw
- Internal Test 1 & Assignment 1
- Adobe Photoshop Extended
- Internal Test 2 & Assignment 2
- Adobe Indesign
Post Graduate Diploma in UI Design and Development
- Foundation Study
- UI Visual Design
- UI Development
- Application Prototyping
- Usability and User Experience
UI Design Job Profiles
After completing a UI design course, a candidate can get higher studies in the same Course or even opt to pursue a job. The most popular job profile that candidates can pursue after completing a UI course is to become a UI designer or a UX designer.
UI Design Course Fee Structure
The UI Design Course fees structure differs from college to college. The average course fee for UI design varies from 20000 to 7 lakhs per annum. Also, check the best designing courses in India.
Top Colleges For UI Design
- Arena Animation, Mumbai
- Institute of Design, MIT ADTU, Pune
- ICAT Design and Media College, Chennai
- BAOU, Ahmedabad
- Symbiosis Institute Of Design, Pune
7 Best Online Courses To Learn UI Design Course
- Learn.UI design
- Experience Haus
Salary Offered After Completion of UI Design Course
An early career User Interface Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $59,731 based on 327 salaries. A mid-career User Interface Designer with 5-9 years of experience makes an average total compensation of $69,393 based on 160 salaries.
FAQ’s on UI Design Courses Details
What is UI Design Course?
User interface design (UI) is the design for machines and software, such as mobile devices, home appliances, computers, and other electronic devices focusing on maximizing usability and the user experience. The aim is to make the user’s interaction as valuable and outspoken as possible to accomplish user goals.
Is a good Salary offered in this work?
Yes, Higher the experience Higher the salary.
What qualifications are needed for this Course?
Students can pursue a UG degree in UI if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board. They can be from any of the three streams.