Master Engineering Courses: A master’s degree in engineering is a postgraduate degree undertaken by students who wish to expand their academic knowledge in different fields of engineering. In India, a master of engineering degree is offered across multiple specializations.
The specializations include computer science and engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, electronics and communication engineering, etc. This course can be pursued in regular, part-time, sponsored, or project staff mode as per the requirement of the student.
The students who wish to get a deeper knowledge of advanced engineering concepts must go for this course. After completing a master’s in engineering course job options for the candidates expands and the candidates will be able to get better-paying jobs as well. This is a very reputed course in the country which has a lot of value in the technology industry.
- About Master Engineering Courses
- Master’s Engineering Courses Eligibility Conditions
- ME Courses Admission Process
- Entrance Exams for Admission to Master Engineering Courses
- Benefits of Doing a Master Engineering Course Online
- Master Engineering Courses Fee Structure
- Master Engineering Courses Top Colleges
- Master’s Degree in Engineering Courses Jobs
- Master Engineering Courses Salary
- Can I do a master’s in engineering course after completing my graduation in engineering?
- What is the fee for a master’s in an engineering course?
- What salary can one expect after completing their master’s in engineering courses?
Master in engineering is one of the most popular postgraduate programs which is of a total duration of either one or two years consisting of 4 semesters. The students who have completed their graduation in engineering can go for a master’s degree in engineering in order to learn deeply about their subjects and get better job opportunities in the future. Through this course, students are provided professional training and theoretical knowledge of the subjects related to advanced engineering.
The students must choose their streams at the graduation level according to which the students will choose their stream for master’s in engineering courses. They can get admission to this course either through entrance examination or direct admission.
The minimum eligibility criteria that are required to pursue are ME courses that the student must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a similar course from a recognized institute with at least 55%.
- The exact admission process for a master’s in engineering course depends upon the particular institute.
- Some institutes conduct their own entrance examinations while the other institutions take admissions on the basis of the merit of the student in the qualifying examination.
- If the student has passed the eligibility requirement for the course they will have to appear for the written test that is often followed by an interview round.
- Based on the overall marks of the student, if the student has cleared the cut off they will be called in for the counselling round.
- After the students have attended the counselling round the selected students will then have to pay the admission fee in order to secure their seats for a master’s in engineering course.
Following is a list of the most popular competitive entrance examinations that are conducted at the college as well as the national level for the students that want to take admission in a master’s degree for engineering courses:
- BITS ME
- SRMJEE PG
- DASA PG
- IIITH PGEE
Candidates have to write the above-listed entrance exams to get admission into M.Tech courses.
- The most important benefit of doing a master’s in engineering degree in an online mode is that you can have a flexible schedule. Since this course can be done in online mode, you can learn whenever and wherever you want to and you can have flexible study time.
- If you want to pursue your master’s in engineering degree along with working, you can definitely do that without quitting your job. You can take your classes after a regular workday or on weekends.
- You will be getting personal attention and will be able to learn at your own pace in an online mode of education. You can rewind your classes since they are recorded, pause the lectures, chat with other students in the online forum, you can email your professors for asking your questions and the chances of getting one on one support are improved via online classes.
- You can increase and improve your network via you’re online connections. You can form lasting friendships and gain valuable contacts with engineering students and professionals all over the globe which will come in handy when you are looking for an engineering job.
- You can learn from top engineers in your field of study or attend your favourite schools that might be located much far away from where you are currently living.
- You can save on the fee by studying in online mode. The students who complete their higher education online mode have to pay a much lesser fee as compared to the students who go for an offline mode of study for their higher education since they have to bear the campus expenditure, food, tuition, travel costs, etc.
The exact fee structure of a master’s in engineering course depends upon a college and various aspects. The average fee for a master’s in engineering course is somewhere between INR 10,000 to INR 10,00,000 per annum.
There are multiple institutes all across the country that provide premium quality education for master’s engineering courses. Following is a list of top colleges in India doctor wide master’s in engineering courses:
- BITS Pilani K.K. Birla Goa campus, Goa
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Throughout the master’s in engineering course, the candidates are provided with complete theoretical and practical knowledge that can be applied by them to solve real-world problems in the technical industry. Masters in engineering courses provide professional training to the students in the field of engineering and science which will help the students to gain high-paying jobs in the field of engineering and science in order to advance their careers. Following are the top job profiles for the students who have completed their master’s in engineering degree:
- Module engineer
- Senior developer
- Electrical design engineer
- Maintenance shift engineer
- Project manager
- Lecturer or professor, and many more.
The average salary of an individual working in the field of engineering and science after completing their master’s engineering course is somewhere between INR 3,00,000 to INR 15,00,000. The salary of an individual completely depends on the post on which they are working. The experience of the individual plays the most important role in their salary. An experienced individual gets a much higher salary as compared to a fresher. The salary of the candidate keeps on increasing as their experience in the industry keeps on increasing and as the candidate keeps on switching their job companies and roles.
FAQ’s Master Engineering Courses
Yes, you can definitely pursue a master’s in engineering course after completing your graduation in engineering if you have a total percentage of at least 55% combining all your result of graduation. You must have completed your graduation from a recognized college in order to be eligible for a master’s degree in engineering.
The exact fee structure for the entire course of a post-graduation master’s in engineering depends upon the college that the student is admitted to. However, the average fee for the course is somewhere between INR 10,000 to INR 10,00,000 per year.
After completing their master’s in engineering, a candidate can expect a salary from somewhere between INR 3,00,000 to INR 15,00,000. However, one must understand that the salary of an experienced person is much more as compared to the salary of a fresher. Hence, the salary of the candidate will keep on increasing as their experience in the industry keeps on increasing and as they keep on switching their companies and job rules.
We hope that you got the information that you are looking for regarding a master’s in engineering courses. Having all the information regarding the course details will help you to make up your mind whether to go for this course or not. We hope that you make an informed decision for yourself. All the best!