Which are the Best Engineering Courses in India?: Engineering courses in India have always been the first choice for a career for most people. This is due to how lucrative it is and the end number of career opportunities it offers. Engineering is the base as well as the path to the development of life. There is a need for an engineer in almost all sectors and hence there is a wide range of specializations to choose from. As the admissions process is now underway, it is best to compare and analyze which engineering course is best for you.
There are a lot of different forms of engineering in every field. Moreover, multiple colleges offer topmost engineering courses. Engineering does not only include mechanical or electronic but there are many other options to choose from. This has led to many colleges; both government and private to open up. Although the government colleges are considered better, the private ones are no less.
All the engineering courses can be done only after one passes out of school. After passing 10+2, the student has to undergo a B.Tech course of 4 years and then a master’s or a Ph.D.
- Jobs and Fee Structure of Engineering Courses
- Scope of Engineering in India
- What are the different specializations that the field of engineering offers?
- Which are the best IITs in India for engineering?
- Which are some of the popular examinations to qualify for engineering courses?
List of Most Popular Engineering Courses in India
Here is a list of the most popular engineering courses today with their duration
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest but a very popular field of engineering. The course field deals with design, construction, machinery, and working with other tools. A student pursuing this field will gain an in-depth knowledge of each of these as well as knowledge about electric motors, and others amongst others. The course duration is 4-years long which includes internships and practical assignments.
- Computer Science Engineering Course: Computer Science is one of the most sought-after courses in the field of engineering. It includes teachings about computer science, networks, program design, computer software, algorithms, etc. it involves an array of aspects of computers. This is also a 4-year course without internships and industry experience.
- Civil Engineering: Another recognized field of engineering is civil engineering— it involves planning, design, construction, and supervising infrastructures. It helps in the facilitation of highways and bridges, hospitals, sewage, and other buildings. This industry is set to grow USD 11.72 Trillion by 2025 according to a market research study. The duration of the course is for 4-5 years.
- Automobile Engineering: The automobile sector is a field that deals with things related to the automobile industry. Mainly with the manufacturing, operations, and mechanical mechanism of automobiles. It introduces students to the mechanisms and engineering of cars, trucks, bikes, and buses amongst others. This is also a 4-year course with practical experiments.
- Aeronautical Engineering Course: Aeronautical engineering attracts students interested to know about the depth of airplanes and their mechanisms. It teaches students about the aviation and defense industry, propulsion system, and a lot of other opportunities. This is a taxing field due to the detailing and hard work it requires. This is one of the most lucrative fields and its duration is 4 years as well.
Other Best Engineering Courses List is here.
- Software Engineering Courses
- Management Engineering Courses
- AutoCAD Course Details
- Biomedical Engineering Courses
- Sound Engineering Courses
- Textile Engineering Courses
- Genetic Engineering Courses In India
- Marine Engineering Courses
- Mining Engineering Course Details
- Certificate Courses After Engineering
- Robotics Engineering Courses
- Software Testing Course Details
- Courses After B.Tech
- Top 10 Engineering Courses
- Design Engineering Courses
- Structural Engineering Courses
- B.Tech CSE Computer Science Engineering Reference Books
- Automotive Engineering Courses
- Management Engineering Courses
- Medical Engineering Courses
- Marine Engineering Courses After 12th
- Environmental Engineering Courses
- Engineering Courses After 10th
- Engineering Courses
- BE Engineering Courses
Get to know about more course details organized streamwise and category wise.
Since this field has an array of job descriptions, it is not very hard to find an engineering job. This being a very lucrative option as well as many people opting for the same. There are a lot of different fields that one can enter into such as drafting and design engineer, agriculture, mechanical, geotechnical. Management and civil engineering are some of the popular ones.
There are a lot of colleges; both government and private in India and both are great to study at. The fees for both differ concerning the facilities they provide but it is worth the money. Private institutions such as BITS and VIT charge around 70,000-1,00,000 INR per annum. Whereas government colleges such as the IITs charge anywhere around 7-10 lakhs INR per annum. This is the only field where the fees for a government college is more than that of a private college! There are some government quota seats available in the private colleges as well where the students pay the same as they would in a government college.
Engineering courses in India are some of the best courses and hence there are tons of opportunities and scope in the same. Engineering jobs usually always pay well and some of the highest paying ones are mentioned below:
- Petroleum Engineer: this field rakes a lot of money. And with the demand for oil increasing day by day, this field is set to grow 10-fold in the future. Due to this, petroleum engineers are some of the highest-paid engineers across the globe. One can earn INR 4-5 lakh with 2-year experience and INR 20-40 lakh INR with around 10 years of experience.
- Computer Engineer: it is a blend of 2 fields; electrical engineering and computer science. This is because this field deals with both, hardware and software. Due to the boom in the IT industry, a lot of students opt for this high paying job. A fresher can earn around INR 5 lakh and a professional can earn up to INR 40 lakh per annum.
- Chemical Engineering: This field includes physics, and chemistry along with mathematics and economics. This is a risky yet creative and lucrative field. Also, one of the highest-paid areas under engineering. The salary ranges from INR 8 lakh to INR 30 lakh per annum for a fresher and an experienced professional respectively.
Other than the above-mentioned points, an engineer has scope in the private, government, and the foreign sector with many high posts as the experience increases.
FAQ’s on Best Engineering Courses in India
Computer science, chemical, environmental, communication, telecommunications, and design engineering are some of the most sought after fields.
IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Roorkee, and IIT Bombay are some of the most popular IITs.
There are a lot of popular ones but the most known ones are CET, TS EAMCET, COME DK UGET, JEE Main, JEE advanced, GUJCET, and AP EAMCET.