Robotics Engineering Courses Online: There are plenty of debates on man vs. machine. However, it is apparent how machines are replacing man. You cannot deny that digitization is overshadowing the entire world at a fast pace. Man’s growing dependence on the machine calls for increasing technological inventions. Why shouldn’t we have a higher inclination towards technological advancement when it has made a dynamic difference in our day-to-day lives?
Furthermore, technology has made an enormous contribution in making our life comfortable and more relaxed. Robotics engineering is the latest entry in the world of technology. Since every sector is adopting a technology-based system, robotic engineering seems to have a high scope.
- What is Robotics Engineering?
- Essential Skill sets for Robotics Engineering Courses
- Robotics Engineering Courses Details
- Subjects, Concepts in Robotics Engineering Courses
- College List Offering Robotics Engineering Courses
- Robotics Engineering Courses and Eligibility
- Syllabus of Robotics Engineering Courses
- Robotics Engineering Course Fees Structure
- Robotics Engineering Courses Admission Procedure
- Course Duration for Robotics Engg
- Robotics Engineering Job Profiles
- Career Prospects of Robotics Engineering
- Salary Offered to Robotics Engineering Professionals
- Top Recruiting Companies for Robotics Engineering Professionals
- What is the Robotics Engineering Courses all about?
- What is the future of Robotics Engineering?
- Is the Robotics Engineering Courses the right career choice for me?
- How can I become a Robotics Engineer?
Robotics Engineering Courses Details
A robotic engineering course is a study of inventing and operating robots. Robotics engineering is one of the branches of engineering, which is interrelated to computer science. It is also connected to computer engineering, electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, nanotechnology, and bio-engineering. Here we will discuss the various aspects of Robotics Engineering Courses in India enlisted below.
Robotics engineering is the process of creating robots or systematized robotic technology. Though it may sound exciting to create robots to perform human functions, it entails designing chips, electro-mechanical devices, and testing.
Although a professional degree is crucial to becoming a robotics engineer, interest, and mental aptitude also go a long way. In an interview, apart from your interpersonal skills, the interviewer judges the candidates based on their soft skills. Furthermore, the interviewee must know how to use various tools, such as CAD, CAM, etc. A candidate with relevant industry knowledge is a preferred choice of every organization. Thus, the candidate must build a portfolio that displays essential skill sets.
- Critical thinking
- Team spirit
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong mathematical concept
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Love for machine
The Robotics Engineering Courses after 12th offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses for aspiring candidates. Here you will find brief course details summarized in a tabular form.
|Course Highlights||Master’s Degree Courses||Bachelor’s Degree Courses||Diploma Courses|
|Duration||2 years||4 years||4 years|
|Eligibility||10+2+4 (Engineering)||10+2 (Science stream)||10+2 (Science stream)|
|Admission Process||GATE||Entrance exam||Entrance exam|
|Course Fees||INR 36,000 to 3 Lakhs||INR 36,000 to 7 Lakhs||INR 28,000 to 50,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3 to 8 Lakhs||INR 3 to 6 Lakhs||INR 40,000 to 6 Lakhs|
|Job Position||Senior Robotics Engineer, Senior Automation Engineer,
Senior Robotics Programmer,
Senior Aerospace Engineer
Research and Development,
|Robotics Technician, Software Developer,
Usually, every college has its custom-made syllabus for a specific Robotics Engineering Courses. Here is an outline of the tentative subject taught in various disciplines.
Master’s Degree in Robotics Engineering Course
A master’s degree course in robotics engineering will familiarize students with the following subjects –
|First Semester||Second Semester||Third Semester||Fourth Semester|
|Electronics system design
Introduction to robotics
Mechanics and mechanism and lab
Embedded systems and lab
Artificial intelligence and neural network
|Electrical actuators and drives
Image processing and machine vision and lab
Robotics-based industrial automation and lab
Robotics control system
|Project I||Project II|
Bachelor Degree in Robotics Engineering Course
In the bachelor’s of Robotics Engineering Courses, the subjects included as follows –
|I||Technical English, Engineering mathematics, Basic mechanics engineering, engineering physics, engineering chemistry, CAD, Computer programming, Lab|
|II||Electronic device and digital circuits, Engineering mathematics, Engineering graphics, Engineering physics, Biology of engineers, Manufacturing process, Computer programming, Lab|
|III||Strength of materials, Power electronics, Thermodynamics, Engineering mechanics. Mathematics, Theory of control systems, Lab|
|IV||Theory of machine, Fluid mechanics, Object-oriented programming, Theory of micro-controllers, industrial automation and robotic, Mathematics, Lab|
|V||Electronic measurement and instrumentation, Robotics engineering and application, Hydraulics and pneumatics, embedded systems, machine design, digital image processing and machine vision, Lab|
|VI||Elements of mechatronics, AI and expert system, Virtual Instrumentation, Engineering measurement, Lab|
|VII||Programming Industrial Automation system, Design of transmission systems, CAM, Lab, Training|
|VIII||Flexible manufacture and system, Project, Viva|
Diploma in Robotics Engineering
Though graduation in robotics engineering covers the subjects thoroughly, a diploma is also a convenient option. Here is a list of subjects of diploma in robotics engineering.
- Introduction to robotics
- Mechanical designs
- Forward Kinematics
- Rigid Body Velocity
- Redundant and parallel robots
- Numerical methods
- Trajectory control
- Force Control and Haptics
- Macro and Nano-robotics
There are ample of the top educational institutions within India that offer Robotics Engineering Courses. Here is a list of best colleges that you may want to consider.
|Sl.No.||Name of Institutes/Colleges/Universities||Location|
|1||International Institute of Information Technology (IIITH)||Hyderabad|
|2||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)||Kanpur|
|3||Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT)||Manipal|
|4||International Institute of Information Technology (IIITA)||Allahabad|
|7||Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University||Delhi|
|8.||University College of Engineering, Osmania University||Hyderabad|
|9||National Institute of Engineering (NIE)||Mysore|
|10||PSG College of Technology (PSGCT)||Coimbatore|
|11||Karunya Institute of Technology||Coimbatore|
|12||Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering||Pune|
|15||SRM Easwari Engineering College||Chennai|
|16||Valivalam Desikar Polytechnic College||Tamil Nadu|
Master’s Degree in Robotics Engineering Courses
Aspirants who are passionate about pursuing robotics engineering further is eligible for a postgraduate course if the following criteria are met:
- The candidate applying for a master’s degree in robotics engineering must be a graduate from a similar discipline of engineering from a recognized university.
- The candidate must have attained at least 55% to 60% aggregate marks in bachelor’s degree course.
- The candidate who opts for a master’s degree in robotics engineering must have attained an excellent GATE score.
Bachelor’s Degree in Robotics Engineering Course Eligibility
The candidate must qualify to enroll in the bachelor’s degree course in robotics engineering if he or she satisfies the following requirements.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 from the science stream from a recognized board or equivalent.
- The candidate must have attained 55% marks in the board examination.
- The candidate must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as their major subjects in 10+2.
Diploma in Robotics Engineering Course Eligibility
The candidate who is desirous of pursuing a diploma in robotics engineering must satisfy the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or higher secondary examination or equivalent.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 45% to 55% marks from a recognized board or school with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- Some private institutes consider the ACET score.
- Biomedical Engineering Courses
- Sound Engineering Courses
- Aeronautical Engineering Courses
- Software Engineering Courses
- Software Testing Course Details
- How to become Robotics Engineer in India?
Irrespective of your 10+2 marks, the candidates are eligible to enroll in the robotics engineering graduate-level based on the entrance examination score. Thus, the students need to prepare well to get admission to one of India’s best educational institutions. Enlisted below is the outline of the tentative syllabus of the entrance exam.
- Mathematics – Calculus, differential equations, geometry, quadratic equations, mathematical reasoning, trigonometry, statistics and probability, vectorial algebra, mathematical induction, permutations and combination, matrices and determinants, sequences and series, etc.
- Physics – Kinematics, current electricity, laws of motion, magnetic effects of current and magnetism, electromagnetic, induction and alternating currents, electromagnetic waves, optics, dual nature of matter and radiation, atoms of nuclei, electronic devices, oscillation and waves, kinetic theory of gases, thermodynamics, gravitation, etc.
- Chemistry – atomic structure, chemical bonding and molecular structure, principles of isolation of metals, hydrocarbons, organic compounds, hydrogen, chemical thermodynamics, P-block, D-block, F-block elements, equilibrium, redox reactions and electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, etc.
The private colleges conducting robotics engineering is relatively higher Undoubtedly, government colleges’ fee is lesser than private institutions. However, the robotic engineering institutes’ fee structure ranges between INR 36,000 to INR 7,00,000. The fee structure also depends on the program and college you enroll in.
Master’s Degree in Robotics Engineering Course
Though it is essential to pass your graduate in engineering to enroll for a master’s degree, some colleges also take admission based on the GATE score. GATE is an entrance exam mainly conducted for postgraduate engineers. Some educational institutes consider candidates with work experience in a similar field. Furthermore, colleges conduct group discussions and personal interviews to pick qualified candidates for the course. The candidates who are waiting for their final year’s bachelor program result can also apply for admission.
Bachelor’s Degree in Robotics Engineering Course
Once you check if you fall into eligibility criteria, you may need to appear for the entrance exam. Where most institutes take into consideration the JEE Mains score, some private institutes conduct their entrance test. The top-ranking students get admission in their desirous engineering course. The admission procedure is based on any of the following entrance exams.
- JEE Mains
- Jee Advanced
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE)
- AP EAMCET
- TS EAMCET
- All India Engineering Entrance Exams (AIEEE), etc.
However, a diploma holder in robotics engineering can get direct admission in the third semester of a bachelor’s degree.
Diploma in Robotics Engineering Course
Admission to a diploma in robotics engineering depends on the rules and regulations of an educational institute. However, only students with science in their 12th can apply for admission in robotics engineering.
The Robotics Engineering course duration is based on the course undertaken.
- Master’s in robotics engineering is 2-years (full time).
- Bachelor’s in robotics engineering is 4-years.
- Diploma in robotics engineering is 4-years.
As a robotics engineer, you will have a set of responsibilities to design prototypes, create and maintain software to control robots, build and test robotic functions, etc. You will be required to have skills to use software and tools, such as computer-aided manufacturing and computer-aided design systems. After completing the robotics engineering degree, the prospective candidates can look forward to working as –
- Associate robotics engineer,
- Robotics test engineers,
- Robotics system engineer,
- Robotics technicians,
- Robot design engineers,
- Aerospace robotics engineer
- Senior robotics specialist
- Robotics programmer, and so on
Robotics engineering is in its initial stage in India. However, the future of robotics has excellent scope in different parts of the world. Robotics is applied in varied dimensions. Its application is changing the face of national security, agriculture, healthcare, service sector, food industries, and many more. Nonetheless, robotics engineering is aiding in exploring the extraterrestrial. The introduction of the robotics concept in multiple industries is opening more avenues for robotics engineering.
The pay package offered to a robotics engineer is reasonably high. However, the salary range is extensively based on an individual’s experience, the company’s turnover, location, etc. Furthermore, candidates with a master’s degree get a better salary than a bachelor’s degree holder. Nonetheless, a qualified robotic engineer can earn a salary of an average estimated figure of INR 80,000 to INR 5.00,000 based on his or her capacity. Furthermore, robotics engineering professionals get a handsome pay package abroad. The average salary is approximately $81,000 annually for a robotics engineer.
There is a massive demand for robotics engineers not only in India but around the world. Professionals in robotics engineering can redefine the healthcare sector, automation sector, agricultural sector, and manufacturing industries. Here is a list of top ten robotics industries within the Indian subcontinents.
- Kennametal India Ltd.
- Jetbrain Robotics
- Gridbots Technologies
- FANUC India
- ABB Robotics
- YASKAWA India
- Tata Lockheed Martin Aerostructures
- Systemantics, and many more
FAQ’s on Robotics Engineering Courses
Robotics engineering is a field of engineering that revolves around inventing a replica of humans in a mechanical form. The discipline of robotic engineering is composed of design, construction, and operation. It involves the usage of mechanical and electronic software and tools.
Though robotics engineering is in its initial stage in India, the future is very bright. It is exceptionally in high demand in countries abroad. Technological advancement is unstoppable, and robotics engineering is pre-eminent. There is plenty of growth opportunity in this sector. The future relies upon robotics engineering.
If you are passionate about machines and innovative, robotics engineering could be your best career choice. Furthermore, you should have a good command over mathematical concepts and enjoy working on the computer.
If you dream of becoming a robotics engineer, you would need to undergo a degree course after 12th in robotics, electronics, or mechanical engineering.
We wish the info shared regarding Robotics Engineering has been beneficial to you in clarifying your concerns. If you have more queries feel free to reach us via comment section and we will get back to you at the earliest. Stay tuned to our site for more updates on Books, Study Material, Notes, Important Questions, Previous Papers, etc.