How to Become Robotics Engineer in India?: The growth of technology has led to a boost in many career options. One of the new additions to the career option is Robotics Engineering. Robotics Engineering is a fragment of engineering that deals with the designing, application, and operation of robots. This field is a mixture of electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.
Are you someone who wants to gain knowledge of mechanical engineering, kinematics and dynamics, electrical and electronics, control systems, and software operations? If you are wondering about how to become Robotics Engineer in India.
Robotics is a multidisciplinary field of engineering and science that consists of mechanical discipline, electronics operations, computer science, and others. Robotics is a field of engineering that deals with robots that come in use to complete a task. These days many robots are famous as manipulators. The creation of these manipulators is to work in place of humans. The use of robotics is in automobile industries to do assigned tasks. Their use is applicable in multiple industries in applications such as painting, assembling of parts, welding, etc.
Refer to Course Details to know more about related courses and find details like Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
- Roles and Responsibility of a Robotics Engineer
- Salary of a Robotics Engineer
- Courses that You can Pursue to become a Robotics Engineer
- Jobs and Career in Robotics Engineering
- The role of a robotics engineer is to build, design, and test robots that can be effective and safe for operation and can be cost-effective to buy and maintain.
- The robotics engineers use CADD (Computer-aided design and drafting) and CAM (Computer-aided manufacturing) programs to execute the activities.
- There are Robotics engineers that specialize in research and design robotics systems and research for manufacturing methods that can be cost-effective.
- They work in order to determine the specified needs of the application and customize the robots on the basis of that.
- There are robotics engineers that execute robot manufacturing. These engineers are known as automation system engineers. They use the robotic system for a particular application related to the development of assembly lines.
- They aim at the building, configuring, and testing of robotics applications.
Due to the high demand for robotics, the need for Robotics Engineers is also high. With the high demand for robotics, the salary of a fresher in the field of robotics engineering is more than 4-5 lakhs in India and it is generally, even higher in other developed countries. As the fee level is quite high for studying robotics, it has led to even better results when it comes to providing a great salary.
To become a robotics engineer, the candidate must have a diploma, bachelor’s, and master’s degree. Here are some of the degree courses that you can pursue to become a robotics engineer.
Diploma Courses With The Duration of Four Years
- Diploma in Robotics
Bachelors Courses With The Duration of Four Years
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) with specialization in Robotics Engineering
- Bachelors of Engineering (BE) in Robotics
Master Courses With The Duration Of Two Years
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) with specialization in Robotics Engineering
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) with specialization in Automation and Robotics
- Master of Engineering (ME) with specialization in Robotics Engineering
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) with specialization in Remote Sensing and Wireless Network Sensing
If you will do M.Tech in any field related to robotics, it will give you deep knowledge in the field of robotics. It will cover topics such as electromechanics, robotics sensors, and robotics instrumentation, fabrication, artificial intelligence, and operations.
- How to become a Network Engineer in India
- How to become a Big Data Engineer in India
- Robotics Engineering Courses
With the completion of the degree in the field related to robotics, you can get jobs in development, maintenance, research of nuclear power plants, and various other related fields. With the up-gradation of technology, robotics engineers are required in the field of space exploration, maintenance of power plants, automobile industry, Petroleum finding places, etc.
You will be able to get job opportunities related to robotics in India and other developed countries as well. If you have a Master’s degree, it will act as a benefit to get you into government space research organizations such as ISRO and in industries that deal with manufacturing microchips.
You can work as an /robotics test engineer/automation engineer. As an automation engineer, you will manufacture robots and work on testing on the robotics application.
You can work as an automation engineer in industries related to application and electronics building, food packaging, etc. You can also get a job opportunity in the field of teaching in universities.
If you are someone who has a keen interest in learning about robots, mechanics, and designing. Then, you should go for robotics engineering. You can pursue any degree related to robotics engineering. After that, you can go for jobs related to robotics.