How To Become A Big Data Engineer In India?: Engineers specialize in assembling and maintaining data pipelines for storing big data, making it easily accessible in the future. Data science relies on this infrastructure on a daily basis. Engineers develop, build, maintain, and test the architecture of large-scale systems such as databases. Modeling, mining, acquisition, and verification are all based on the data set processes that data engineers develop.
A data engineer collaborates with a data architect, a data analyst, and a data scientist. In terms of data architecture, data architects oversee a company’s data management systems, whereas data analysts analyze data and develop actionable insights. A data scientist is responsible for advanced statistical analysis and machine learning. In fact, more and more companies are consuming data visualization and storytelling at a rapid pace in an attempt to gain insights.
Refer to Course Details to know more about related courses and find details like Admission Process, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
When not analyzed and analyzed properly, data generation is useless. This arduous task is assigned to professionals in Big Data. Developing, testing, and evaluating Big Data infrastructures for a company ensures the data is fit for analysis, which helps the company to grow.
- Roles and Responsibilities of Big Data Engineer
- Skills for Big Data Engineers
- Eligibility Criteria for Big Data Engineer in India?
- FAQ’s on How to Become a Big Data Engineer in India?
Roles and Responsibilities of Big Data Engineer
A Big Data Engineer’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Implementing and maintaining software systems, including designing and implementing them
- Ingestion, storage, and processing of data require robust systems
- Processing and operations of ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load)
- Research on new methods to improve data quality
- The data architecture can support business requirements
- Integration of multiple programming languages and tools to create structured solutions
- Developing efficient business models through the analysis of disparate data sources
- Collaboration with Data Scientists, Analysts, and various teams.
Skills for Big Data Engineers
Those working as Big Data Engineers sometimes require expertise across a wide range of areas. The following are 7 skills every Big Data Engineer should possess:
- The most important skill among Big Data Engineers is programming, which ranks first out of all of the skills. Generally, Big Data engineers need to have practical experiences in any popular programming language, such as Java, C++, and Python.
- Database and SQL knowledge comes after programming expertise. Understanding the workings of the database will help you better grasp the process. A Relational Database Management system requires the ability to write SQL queries. MySQL, Oracle Database, and Microsoft SQL Server are frequently used database management systems for Big Data engineering.
- A major responsibility of a Big Data Engineer is to be responsible for data warehousing and ETL operations. A data warehouse must be constructed and used for this.
- Knowledge of operating systems is your fourth skill. Big Data tools require operating systems. Thus, you must be familiar with Unix, Linux, Windows, and Solaris.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop tools and frameworks is required. It is common for Big Data engineering practitioners to use Apache Hadoop, which means you must possess knowledge of HDFS, MapReduce, Apache Pig, Hive, & Apache HBase.
- You must have experience with a real-time processing framework such as Apache Spark. When you work as a Big Data Engineer, you will need an analytics engine that works efficiently with batch and real-time data, like Spark. Several live streaming sources such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and so on can be processed by Spark.
- Lastly, you will need to have experience with data mining, data wrangling, and data modelling techniques. Data mining and wrangling entail steps for preprocessing and cleaning the data, finding trends in the data, and preparing the data for analysis.
Eligibility Criteria for Big Data Engineer in India?
The majority of data engineers hold an undergraduate degree in math, science, or a business-related field. This kind of degree enables graduates to mine and query data using programming languages, and in some cases to use big data SQL engines. After completing their bachelor’s degrees, most data engineers enter a career as entry-level employees. The following five steps can help you become a data engineer:
- Work on projects after completing your bachelor’s degree.
- Become an expert in computing, data analysis, and big data.
- Take a job at an entry-level position.
- Obtain additional certifications related to big data or professional engineering.
- Obtain a higher education degree in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, or physics.
- Colleges and universities generally require GRE and GMAT scores for entrance. To apply for the degree program, it is better to have one of these scores.
- English proficiency is required for students studying abroad.
FAQ’s on How to Become a Big Data Engineer in India?
What is the salary of a big data engineer in India?
Big Data Engineers in India are paid an average salary of Rs. 7,52,972 per year.
What is the job description for Big Data Engineers?
Big Data Engineers are responsible for the following duties and responsibilities according to the job profile:
- A methodology to select and integrate Big Data platforms and tools to provide desired services
- Identifying various methods of retaining data
- ETL process implementation
- Analyzing performances and recommending important changes to infrastructure
What is the scope of big data engineers in the industry?
After completing the Big Data engineering course, a Big Data engineer will have tremendous opportunities waiting for him/her. With almost all companies adopting modern technology, managing vast amounts of data has become an essential task. Thus, a Big Data engineer has a lot of scope in the current market.
Around the world, students are becoming increasingly interested in data science. Globally, all industries are lacking skilled Big Data engineers. As a result, the Big Data job description also includes various aspects, and the salary structure for Big Data engineers is highly variable. Students today can secure a prosperous future by studying Big Data engineering.