Marine Engineering Courses After 12th: Are you excited to work around the ocean and is that your dream job? Then, marine engineering is the best course that you can do. This marine engineering course can be done once after completion of your mechanical engineering graduation. The course deals with the design, operation, construction, and maintenance of the ship functions that contain steering, cargo handling, anchoring, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, etc. In this blog, we are going to learn more about the marine engineering course and all the details like eligibility, courses, fees, salary, career, and many more.
- Eligibility Criteria of Marine Engineering Courses
- Marine Engineering Course Fees
- Marine Engineering Course Duration
- Entrance Exam for Marine Engineering After 12th
- Marine Engineering Subjects
- Marine Engineering Colleges in India
- Books & Study Materials for Marine Engineering Courses 2022
- Skills Required for Marine Engineering
- Top Recruiting Companies for Marine Engineer
- Career Scope in Marine Engineering After 12th Science
- Job Profiles and Salaries for Marine Engineering Courses After 12th in India
- Is marine engineers’ jobs are tough?
- What is the GME exam?
- How long is B.tech in Marine Engineering?
- What are the minimum marks you need to get for marine engineering?
If you are willing to study this course you need to meet the particular criteria before applying for the course. Here are the eligibility criteria you can know the requirement of marine engineering.
- The candidate should complete the 10+2 in the recognized board of education with a minimum of 55%.
- He/She should complete 10+2 in the stream of MPC(Maths, Physics, Chemistry).
- And the age should be between 17 – 25 years.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in the English language.
- And you need to write the entrance exams like IMU Cet, JEE Main.
In marine engineering, as we have different levels of education, there are different fees for different levels of education. And another essential thing is fees will be varied from college to college. we will look into it one by one.
The average fee structure for this diploma in marine engineering can be INR 50,000 to INR 3,00,000. This is not the actual amount it depends on the college you choose.
The average fee for public colleges can be between INR 50,000 and INR 10,00,000. Whereas, private colleges can be between INR 50,000 and INR 10,00,000.
To study this marine engineering at the diploma level you can complete it in 3 years, whereas in an undergraduate-level course it completes in 4 years.
To get admission from any college in the marine engineering course you need to write the entrance examinations for the UG and PG levels.
UG Level Entrance Examination
In this level entrance examination, you will have the syllabus on maths, physics, chemistry. Given below is the list of entrance examination.
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
- HIMT Entrance exam
- IMU Cet
- AP EAMCET
PG Level Entrance Examination
To study PG in colleges you need to write the entrance examination that is given below.
In this Marine Engineering course what is the syllabus will be covered in the colleges has given below.
- Technical Management
- Electronics Navigation Systems
- Marine Control and Automation
- Advanced Marine Engineering
- Ship Design
- Systems Engineering
- Offshore Engineering
- Human Resource Management
- Safety Management
- Environment Science and Management
- Information Technology and Security
- Communication Skills
In India, many colleges offer marine engineering courses that are given below. Look into the list.
- Ganpat University
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata
- Coimbatore Marine Engineering College
- Coimbatore Marine College (CMC)
- V.Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
- International Maritime Institute (IMI) Noida
- GKM Institute of Marine Sciences and Technology
- National Institute of Technology, Karnataka
- Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training, Pune
- Academy of Maritime Education & Training (AMET University)
- Institute of Technology and Marine Engineering
Here we are providing some of the books and study materials to study marine engineering courses.
- General Engineering Knowledge – H.D McGeorge.
- Ship Construction – David J.Eyres.
- Introduction to Marine Engineering – D.A. Taylor.
- Marine Boilers – G.T.H Flanagan.
- Marine Auxiliary Machinery – H.D McGeorge.
- Practical Marine Electrical Knowledge – Dennis T.Hall.
Here are some of the skills required for the marine engineering course.
- Problem-solving skills
- Efficient planner
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Computer-aided design and manufacturing skills
- Proven negotiating skills
- Mathematical skills
Given below is the list of companies that give marine engineer jobs.
- Indian Navy
- GE Shipping Co. Limited
- TMC Shipping Pvt. Ltd.
- Fleet Management Limited
- Shipping Corporation of India
- Design and Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- Carnival Cruise Line
- ITT Shipping Pvt Ltd
- How to Become a Marine Engineer in India
- How to Join Marcos Marine Commando of Indian Navy?
- How To Become A Marine Biologist In India
In Marine Engineering you have plenty of opportunities. Depending on the specializations you have done you will be getting the job in that field. Many of them think that the marine engineer’s job is just the construction and maintenance of ships. But it is not at all true. You can extend the marine engineer’s job upto the project management and control responsibilities.
There are many jobs outside for marine engineers in the public sector as well as in the private sector. As we have given there are plenty of job profiles with the highest paying salaries we have in marine engineering. You can job not only in India but also we have opportunities abroad too.
Following are the job profiles that many offers once after completing the marine engineering courses after the 12th.
|Job Profiles||Avg Salaries|
|Navy personnel||25K- 46K|
|Chief Security Officer||126- 212K|
|Marine Equipment Designer||58K- 95K|
|Onshore Marine Coordinator||34K- 47K|
|Maintenance Engineer||58K- 95K|
|Trainee Marine||30K- 45K|
|Engineering Managers||58K- 95K|
|Submarine Designer||32K- 50K|
|Chief Engineer||50k- 106k|
|Design Engineer||55K- 78K|
FAQs on Marine Engineering Courses After 12th
Marine engineers’ job is to work in an engine room with four-hour shifts and it is quite a challenging job.
GME (Graduate Marine Engineering) is a one-year diploma course after the 12th. If you are interested in joining the merchant navy sector. you can join this course.
B.tech in Marine Engineering takes 4 years to complete course.
To join marine engineering in colleges you need to get the minimum cut-off mark is 160.
The information which we have given above about marine engineering courses after 12th is useful. And in this marine engineering, we have many job opportunities with the highest salary. Suppose you get a government job you no need to look back. Look into the details carefully that are given about the marine engineering course. Still, if you have any doubts about the course you can ping us in the comment section. we will definitely respond to your messages and provide you with the answers. All the best for the future.