Design Engineering Course: This blog is mainly discussed the course details like eligibility, career opportunities, companies, salary, and many other things. Engineering Design is a method for engineers to analyze and solve problems. We have many great opportunities after completion of this course.
The main important purpose of engineering design is to make the candidates apply scientific knowledge as a solution to technical issues. The main aim of this course is to make candidates well prepared with the creative application of the design. Engineering design is a method and it is a powerful technique for problem-solving and it is flexible enough to work in any situation.
Check out more Course Details for any other stream of engineering.
- Highlights of Design Engineering Courses
- Eligibility of Design Engineering Courses in India
- Entrance Exam for Engineering Design
- B. Tech Design Engineering Admission Process after 12th
- Preparation Tips for the Entrance Exams
- Design Engineering Courses Universities or Colleges
- Fee structure for Design Engineering Course 2022
- Design Engineering Courses Syllabus
- Career Options after Engineering Design
- Top Companies Offering Designing Engineering Jobs
- Salary Offered for the Design Engineering Course
- Which mode of registration for the B.Tech Engineering Design entrance exam?
- What is the entire duration of this B.Tech Engineering Design?
- Name any two skills that are required for any engineering design course?
|Duration||4 years (5 years for dual degree)|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board/ university|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Admission Process||National-level or College-level Entrance Test|
|Entrance Tests||JEE Main, BITSAT, COMED, VITEEE, SRMJEEE, UPSEE, etc.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 50,000 – 4,00,00 PA|
|Average Salary||INR 1,20,000 – 6,00,000 PA|
|Top Recruiters||Titan, JK Tyres, Siemens, Philips, Ashok Leyland, Mahindra, ITC, Caterpillar, etc.|
|Job Positions||Automotive Design Engineer, Automotive Ancillary Development Engineer, Production Planning Control Engineer, Production Engineer at Automobile Plants, Maintenance Engineer at Automobile Dealerships, Vendor Development Engineer, etc.|
To join any college we have eligibility criteria for every college for that the candidate needs to qualify their needed eligibility to join that college. Let us see the eligibility we need to join engineering design.
- Candidate must complete 10 + 2 from a recognized board of education.
- And the candidate needs to take science as their stream.
- Minimum you should have 60 % in the last qualifying exams.
- Apart from that people need to pass the entrance examination like JEE, BITSAT.
To get admission to any college, one should pass the entrance examination to join an engineering designing course, every college has national level or state level examinations. Here are some of the important entrance exams that are listed below:
- JEE Main: This exam is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) twice every year. A computer-based test is conducted.
- BITSAT: This Exam is conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani Rajasthan by every year.
- VITEEE: This Exam is conducted by the vishveshwarya institute of technology, Vellore. The exam is a Computer-based Test.
- UPSEE: Conducting by APJ Abdul Kalam University, Lucknow. The exam is a Computer-based Test.
- COMEDK: Conducting by the Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka, Karnataka every year for the undergraduate persons.
The admission process will be varied from college to college. And here we have two types of admission processes for design engineering colleges. One is merit-based and one is entrance exam-based. You have to do this b. tech engineering design courses after 12th.
In this merit-based admissions, the colleges offer admission based on the merit you have got in the previous exams. You need to score 80% in your 12th standard in the stream of MPC.
For these entrance-based admissions, the colleges offer admission based on the entrance tests score and the candidate must score 60 % in their 12th standard in the stream of MPC.
Preparing for the entrance examination is not a small thing, you should have more practice. you need to have good knowledge of your higher education subjects. Here we are going to provide you with some tips to follow.
- Look into the model papers and look into the exam pattern.
- Seek guidance who are in the same field.
- You need to be very clear at your basics so that you can solve any type of question very easily.
- Then, try out model papers once after the completion of your preparation daily.
- so that you will know how much you have prepared and how good you need to prepare.
- Prepare your own notes so that you can refer that them whenever you want.
- Make a timetable and prepare accordingly.
Here are some of the best universities or colleges for design engineering courses. Let us look into the list below.
- Industrial Design Center (IDC)
- PDM University
- National Institute of Design (NID)
- Arch Academy of design
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- Pearl Academy
This fee structure is varied from college to college for this design engineering course. We have colleges in both the private sector and the government sector. Minimum and maximum fees for private colleges will be INR 50, 550 PA to INR 2,20,000 PA. And for government sector min will be 10.05 Lakhs to 10.58 Lakhs.
We will look into the syllabus that you need to study for this design engineering course. This syllabus may be different for different colleges. In engineering, as we have all 8 semesters we will see the syllabus semester-wise.
Year – I
- Physics I
- Engineering Graphics
- Mathematics I
- Design Thinking
- Computer Programming
- Physics Lab I
- Electrical and Electronics Lab
- Computer Programming Lab
- Physics II
- Environmental Studies
- Workshop Technology
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mathematics II
- Chemistry Lab
- Physics Lab – II
- Engineering Workshop Lab
Year – II
- Automotive Electrical & Electronic Systems
- Open Elective I
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Open Elective I
- Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Graphics Lab II
- Automotive Chassis Component Lab
- Automotive Electrical & Electronic Lab
- Mechanics of Materials
- IC Engines
- Material Science
- Kinematics & Dynamics of Machines
- Manufacturing & Metrology Lab
- Material science and Material Testing lab
- Theory of Machines lab
Year – III
- Design of Machine Elements
- Open Elective III
- Program Elective I
- Vehicle Dynamics
- CAD Appl. in Automotive Engine Design
- Mechatronics and control system lab
- Minor Project-I
- Ergonomics & Styling
- Automotive Chassis Components Design
- Heat Transfer
- Vehicle Infotronics
- Numerical Techniques
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Minor Project-II
- Program Elective II
- Heat Transfer Lab
Year – IV
- Automotive Engine Component Design
- Program Elective III
- Two & Three Wheelers Technology
- Design and Analysis using Software (CAE)
- Facilities Planning & Material handling
- Modeling and Simulation
- CAM and Automation lab
- Vehicle Body Engineering
- Program Elective- IV
- Major Project II
- Economics & life cycle concepts
- Program Elective- V
- Auto Certification & Homologation
- Rapid Prototyping and Tooling
Here we have provided the list of various job position offers for successful graduates of BTech in Engineering Design are listed below. Candidates are placed in various industries like the educational sector, exploration, and refining, aviation companies, refrigeration, agricultural sector, pharmaceutical, automobile, and many others.
- Automotive Ancillary Development Engineer
- Vendor Development Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Automotive Design Engineer
- Automotive Ancillary Development Engineer
- Instructional Designer
- Production Engineer at Automobile Plants
- Production Planning & Control Engineer
Here are some of the top companies that are offering jobs in design engineering.
- Manufacturing companies
- L&T construction
- Mahindra Engineering
- Nissan Ashok Leyland
Salaries are offered by the companies based on many several factors. Based on the experience and based on the skills you have and many factors. Here we will see the average salary for some job profiles.
- Automotive Design Engineer – Rs 6.16 lakhs p.a. (Approx.)
- Vendor Development Engineer – Rs 1.10 lakhs p.a. (Approx.)
- Instructional Designer – Rs 5-6 lakhs p.a. (Approx.)
- Maintenance Engineer at Automobile Dealerships – Rs 3.00 lakhs p.a. (Approx.)
FAQs on Design Engineering Course
Candidates can apply for a BTech Engineering Design course by filling the form online or offline.
BTech Engineering Design is a 4-year course and you need to complete 12th in the stream of MPC.
The skills that are required for this engineering design course are Conceptualizing ability, Problem-solving skills, Creativity.
Hope the information that was given in this design engineering course is very useful and also we have given the complete information needed for this course. You can study the article thoroughly and take a step forward to join this course. If you are interested in this course. Still, if you have any doubts you can comment in the comment section below. To know more details you can look into the site NCERTBooks.guru.