Saving the environment is the best motto that we have taken in the 21st century. There is a huge imbalance between humans and nature. And if you are interested to save nature and you can study this environmental engineering course to provide the best development. These days everything is polluted, air, water, and many. These people are suffering from many diseases. To stop all these environmental engineers play a vital role.
They make devices for waste and water management in urban areas and rural areas. These environmental engineers are continuously engaged in maintaining the good health of the earth and the living creatures on it. In this article, we have provided everything about environmental engineering like eligibility, courses, fees, duration, and many more.
Get to know all the other Course Details too Streamwise and category-wise.
- What is Environment Engineering?
- Eligibility Criteria for Environmental Engineering
- Entrance Examinations to study Environmental Engineering
- Fee structure for the Colleges of Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Engineering Colleges
- Environmental Engineering Subject Syllabus
- Books & Study Material for Environmental Engineering Courses
- Top Companies for Environmental Engineers
- Career Opportunities for Environmental Engineering Courses in India
- Skills Required for Environmental Engineer
- Environmental Engineering Salary
- What do environmental engineers do?
- Is environmental engineering is a good career?
- What are countries that provide jobs for environmental engineers abroad?
- How can one study environmental engineering courses after 12th?
Environment Engineering is a branch of engineering that mainly focuses on environment protection like air, water, climate change, and global warming, then improvement, protection of the human population. This environment engineering is also a branch of applied science that helps in order to find solutions for complex engineering problems. Environmental engineering uses the principles of engineering, biology, chemistry & soil science that increases solutions to environmental problems.
Many Universities offer environmental engineering courses. If you want to join the college which you are interested in you need to fulfill the requirements that university have. Listed below are some of the general conditions that the candidates have to satisfy.
- Candidates must have completed the 10 + 2 with the minimum 55-60% marks from the recognized board of education.
- And candidates need to take the MPC stream in inter to study diploma and B.Tech Courses.
- If you want to get admission in post-graduation, the candidate should take the B.Tech or equivalent degree with the minimum marks.
- And also you have to write the entrance examinations with the minimum marks.
- The candidate must secure the best score in English proficiency tests like IELTS/TOEFL/PTE.
We are going to provide some of the names of the entrance examination to get admission for the study of environmental engineering for UG and PG level courses.
- Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT CAT)
- Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced)
We are providing the fee structure that many colleges follow for the courses like diploma, UG, PG, and doctoral courses. And fees will be different from college to college. And for these courses, we have both private and government colleges.
- Government: 3.00 K – 34.68 K
- Private: 60.00 K – 1.35 Lakhs
- Government: 6.00 K – 11.54 Lakhs
- Private: 64.00 K – 14.24 Lakhs
- Government: 7.20 K – 4.98 Lakhs
- Private: 29.00 K – 9.30 Lakhs
Here is the list of top engineering colleges that helps you to join environmental colleges.
- IIIT Hyderabad
- MIT Manipal
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- Tsinghua University
- IIT Roorkee
- SRM University Chennai
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- University of Cambridge
- The University of Melbourne
- IIIT Hyderabad
- DTU Delhi
- Technical University of Denmark
- MSU Baroda
We will see the syllabus in the UG and PG levels for the environmental engineering Courses in colleges. The syllabus will be varied from college to college. let us look into the syllabus which is given below Semester wise.
Under Graduate Level Syllabus
It is 3 years course that has 6 semesters.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Elements of Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Mathematics 3|
|Engineering Physics||Environmental Chemistry1|
|Engineering Maths 1 &2||Strength of Materials|
|Elements of Mechanical Engineering||Surveying Practice 1|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||Fluid Mechanics|
|Constitution Of India and Professional Ethics||Environmental Biology|
|Engineering Physics Lab||Environmental Analysis Laboratory 1|
|Workshop Practice||Surveying 1|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Engineering Mathematics 4||Origin and Characterization of Environmental Pollution|
|Surveying Construction||Municipal Solid Waste Management|
|Environmental Chemistry 2||Water Supply and Distribution System|
|Elements of Environmental Protection||Water Treatment Engineering|
|Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machines||Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering|
|Applied Engineering Geology||Geotechnical Engineering 1|
|Fluid and Hydraulic Machinery Lab||Design and Drawing of Environmental System 1|
|Environmental Analysis Laboratory 2||Environmental Process Laboratory 1|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Environmental Transport Processes||Advanced Waste Water Treatment|
|Management and Entrepreneurship||Ecology and Environmental Impact Assessment|
|Wastewater Treatment Engineering Engineering||Computer Application in Environmental Engineering|
|Waste Water Collection and Drainage System||Financial Aspects of Environmental Facilities, Estimation, Specification.|
|Atmospheric Environmental||Elective 2 Group B ( Nuclear, and Bio-medical Waste Technology, Radioactive, Maintenance of Environmental Facilities, Occupational Safety, and Health, Operation)|
|Elective 1 Group A (Environmental System Optimization, Eco-friendly Energy Sources, Environmental Biotechnology)||Elective 3 Group C (environmental Aspects of Environmental Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS, Geo-Environmental Engineering Development Projects)|
|Environmental Process Lab 2||Computer Application Lab|
|Atmospheric Environmental Lab||Design and Drawing of Environmental system II|
Post Graduate Level Syllabus
It is a 2 years course that has 4 semesters. Some of the subjects covered in the semesters are given below.
- Water Supply Engineering
- Environmental Microbiology
- Environmental chemistry
- Solid Waste Management
- Chemistry of Atmosphere
- Air Pollution Control Engineering
- Rheology of fluids
Books & Study Material for Environmental Engineering Courses
Here are some of the books and study material for the environmental engineering course is given below.
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, Urbanization – Thomas Elmqvist.
- Standard Handbook of Environmental Engineering – Robert A. Corbitt
- Sustainability: A Comprehensive Foundation –Tom Theis, Jonathan Tomkin
- Pollution Prevention and Control – Paul Mac Berthouex, Linfield C. Brown
- Recycling Materials Based on Environmentally Friendly Techniques – Dimitris S. Achilias.
These are the top companies that offer jobs to environmental engineers. Some of the names of the companies are given below.
- Brunel India Pvt Ltd
- Doshion Ltd.
- Kalpan Hydro Company
- Enviro Control Pvt. Ltd.
- SPML Infra Limited
- Gujarat Enviro Protection & Infrastructure Ltd.
- The Indure Private Limited
- Swelect Energy Systems Ltd.
- Paramount Ltd.
- Sima Labs Pvt Ltd.
- Goodrich Corporation
- UEM GROUP
Career Opportunities for Environmental Engineering Courses in India
Some of the job profiles that are offered by the companies after completion of your engineering or post-graduation degree.
- Waste Management Officer
- Agricultural Engineer
- Geo-Environmental Engineering
- University Professor
- Public Health Specialist
- Air Pollution Control officer
- Lead Project Engineer
- ROV Technician
- Chemical Engineer
Here are the skills that are required to work as an environmental engineer. Below are some of the skills.
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Attentive Listening
- Communication Skills
Everyone studies the courses for the good opportunities and salary. These environmental engineers have good-paying salaries in both the public and private sectors. If you have completed the bachelor’s degree then you will have an average salary will be Rs. 20,000 – Rs. 30,000 per month. And if you have completed the master’s degree in the range of Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 50,000. In government jobs, students can earn starting salary of Rs. 12,000 to Rs 18,000 per month. Here we are providing some job profiles with the salaries:
- Ecologist – Rs. 8- Rs. 9 lakhs
- Agricultural Engineer – Rs. 7-Rs. 8 lakhs.
- Biologist – Rs. 10- Rs. 11 lakhs.
- Chemical Engineer – Rs. 10- Rs. 15 lakhs.
FAQs on Environmental Engineering Courses
Environmental Engineers work is to protect the environment from harmful bacteria, waste, and chemicals, and they work to improve recycling.
Yes, environmental engineers have a lot of opportunities in jobs with high salaries. And in this field, we have both government and private jobs.
Jobs for an environmental engineer abroad are Australia, UAE, Germany, Denmark, France, and many others.
4. How can one study environmental engineering courses after 12th?
After completion of your study 10+2 with the minimum marks, you can join the bachelor’s degree by writing the entrance examination.
Hope the information which is provided above is useful about the environmental engineering courses. We have provided the complete information so that you can make the right decision in your career. In this environmental engineering, we have many job opportunities with the best salaries. Still, if you have any doubts you can comment to us in the comment section. We will give you the answers asap. Stay tuned to NCERTBooks.guru