Architectural Engineering Courses: When you hear the name architecture many people get confused with the architecture and architectural engineers are the same. Earlier we used to consider them as one but now as time has evolved we know they both are different fields.
Architectural Engineering trains individuals in all fields related to the arts, science, and technology. Throughout the course, you will get to know about the construction detailing and interiors of the buildings. If you are pursuing this course you must know its dynamic nature. But there are various job opportunities and high career scope in this engineering field.
If you are keen to learn more about architectural engineering, you can refer to the below article. Here, you will get to know about the eligibility, admission procedure, best colleges, and scope in architectural engineering.
- About Architectural Engineering Courses in India
- Admission Procedure for Architectural Engineering Courses
- Entrance Exams for Architectural Engineering Courses
- Documents Required At The Time of Admission for Architectural Engineering Course
- Architectural Engineering Courses Fee Structure
- Eligibility for Architectural Engineering Courses
- Top Colleges for Architectural Courses After 12th
- Skills required for Architectural Engineering
- Architectural Engineering Syllabus PDF
- Scope and Carrer in Architectural Engineering
- Architectural Engineering Salary in India
- Council of Architecture (COA)
- What is the average salary for Architectural Engineers?
- After clearing which exam I can Join the Architectural Engineering course?
- Can I appear in JEE exam if I want to pursue my career in B.Arch?
- Which IIT is suitable for architecture engineering?
- Is Architecture engineering and architecture the same?
Engineering includes 4 levels of courses such as Diploma, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate. You are required to choose the suitable course step by step.
You can opt for this course after completing class 10. It has a duration of 3 years. If you opt for this course you will be considered as a certification course holder.
You can opt for Graduation after the completion of class 12. Architectural Engineering Course duration is 4 years which included 8 semesters and each semester is of 6 months. You will be provided with a bachelor’s degree after the completion of this course.
You can opt for post-graduation after the completion of your bachelor’s. PG courses are for 2 years. You can go for the M.Arch general or specialization in the same field.
As a doctoral degree involves a lot of research and training so this course may take up to 4-5 years. You can opt for the same after the completion of your master’s degree.
You can also go for the integrated courses which have a duration of 5 years. Here, you will be taught the subject related to graduation and post-graduation. You can also go for the specialization field if you chose to go for an integrated course.
The admission process varies from college to college. But the main process is that you are required to clear suitable entrance exams. After clearing entrance tests you will be shortlisted based on the merit list and then you are called for counselling for final admission. Few colleges conduct their entrance exams and provide you with direct admission to the college.
The entrance exams for Bachelors and Masters in Architectural Engineering are different.
Top Bachelors Entrance Exams
|National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)|
|JEE Main Paper 2|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)|
Top Masters Entrance Exams
Before applying to any college you must check that you have the following documents:
- Candidate’s recent clicked Photograph
- 10th marks sheets
- 12th Marks Sheets
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (If any)
- JEE Main Admit Card and Score Card
- NATA Admit Card and Score Card
- GATE Admit Card and Score Card (For Masters in Arch courses)
- Graduation Degree and all semester Marks Sheet (For Masters in architectural Courses)
- Master’s Degree and all semester Marks Sheets (For PhD Courses)
However, a few documents may vary according to the needs of the college.
The detailed fees for all the courses related to architectural engineering:
|Course||Private Colleges||Government Colleges|
|Undergraduate||56.00 K – 27.00 Lakhs||7.00 K – 2.00 Lakh|
|Post Graduate||55.0 K – 14.0 Lakhs||23.00 K – 3.00 Lakh|
|Diploma||90.00 K – 15.00 Lakhs||75.00 K – 3.00 Lakhs|
|Doctorate||4.00 K – 3.00 Lakh||30 K – 1.00 Lakh|
The Eligibility Criteria will be different for every college. But can have an overview about the basic eligibility criteria:
|Course||Architectural Engineering Courses Eligibility|
Top Colleges for Architectural Courses After 12th
There are numerous government and private colleges available in India which offers architectural engineering. These are available throughout India and you can get admission easily after qualifying the accurate eligibility criteria. Some of the colleges are described here.
- Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh (AMU)
- Anna University, Chennai (AU, Chennai)
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (BIT, Ranchi)
- Department of Architecture and Planning Engineering, Nagpur
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, West Bengal (IIEST)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IITR)
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
For getting a sound salary and your dream job it is important to have the required skills. You may look here regarding the skills which you need to have as an architectural engineer.
- Mathematical knowledge
- Computer knowledge
- Knowledge of Laws
Architectural Engineering Course Subjects details are mentioned here:
- History of Architecture I
- Human Settlement & Vernacular Arch
- Architectural Design VI
- Visual Arts and Basic Design II
- Electrification, Lighting & Acoustics
- Building and Construction III
- Research Elective I and 2
- Arch. Research Seminar
- Visual Arts and Basic Design IV
- Art & Architectural Appreciation IV
- History of Architecture IV
- Arch. Research- Elective VIII
- Architectural Design Thesis
- Solar Active and Passive Systems
- Sustainable Urban Habitats
- Arch. Research- Elective VI
- Theory of Structure & Design II
- Visual Arts and Basic Design I
- Theory of Structures V
- Building Construction I
- Working Drawings
- Site Planning and Landscape Studies
- Urban Design Studies
- Architectural Design IX
- Model making and Workshop
- Design Methodology II
- Computer Applications IV
- Energy System & Renewables
- Art and Architectural Appreciation III
- Climate-responsive Design
- Sociology and Culture
- Computer Applications II
- Professional Practice
- Theory of Structures IV
- Arch. Research- Elective III
- Building and Construction IV
- Thesis Design Research
- Professional Communications I
- Practical Training
- Arch. Research Dissertation/ Art Thesis
- Architectural Design III
- Surveying and Leveling
- Theory of Structures III
- Architectural Theories
- Architectural Design VII
- Visual Arts and Basic Design III
- Building Construction II
- Building Construction V
- HVAC. Mech. Mobility & Fire Safety
- Arch. Research- Elective V
- Computer Applications III
- History of Architecture II
- Computer Applications I
- Theory of Structures II
- Architectural Design I
- Green Systems Integration
- History of Architecture III
- Art and Architectural Appreciation I
- Environmental Studies
- Water, Waste and Sanitation
- Professional Practice
- Architectural Design II
- Specifications & Contracts
- Project Management
- Arch. Research- Elective IV
- Professional Communications II
- Architectural Design IV
- Architectural Design V
- Building Construction VI
- Arch. Research- Elective VII
- Contemporary Architecture
- Art and Architectural Appreciation II
- Theory of Structures I
- Architectural Appreciation IV
In today’s era, architectural engineers are in great demand which created a good scope for those who want to pursue their careers in the same. You can go for the following career options.
- Architecture Designer
- Architecture Engineer
- Interior Designer
- Architecture Draftsman
- Staff Consultant
- Technical Assistant
- Project Assistant Manager
- Sales/Business Development Manager
- Architectural Assistant
- Architectural Historian/Journalist
- Art Director
- Building Contractor
There are few governments institutions too which offers job for architectural engineers.
- National Building Organization
- Ministry of Defense
- Departments of Railways
- Public Works Department
- Archaeological Department
- Housing and Urban Development Corporation
The salary ranges for the students who have finished diploma in architectural engineering course is Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 60,000 per month. The package for under graduation course completed students is Rs. 4 to 6 lakhs per annum. PG degree holders salary is Rs. 8 to 12 lakhs per annum.
COA is an important term for architectural engineers. This act provides the registration of architects and their standard of education. It had the responsibility to maintain the education and practice profession for the architect engineers.
FAQ’s on Best Architectural Engineering Courses in India
The average salary for Architectural Engineers is Rs. 5 Lakh per annum in the current market. However, they are in great demand these days and companies are ready to pay them more if have prior experience.
NATA is the foremost exam that is required for students who want to join Architectural Engineering. NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is a national level entrance exam that is conducted by the COA (Council of Architecture).
Yes, you need to clear paper 1 and then paper 2 for the B.Arch course. If you are willing to get into IIT then you must go for the JEE exam. Also, you will be required to give Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) after clearing JEE Advanced Exam.
There are only 2 IITs that offer architecture courses such as IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur.
Architectures generally focus on the aesthetic aspects of a building. But the architectural engineering focuses on the principles and techniques which are required to prevail in the buildings.
You must have got an idea about the Architectural Engineering Courses Details. Now, you can go for the course and visit our official website Ncertbooks.guru for more details related to engineering courses. You may also ask any query in the comment section below.