Professional Courses after 12th Science: Whether you opted for science after class 10th to get better career opportunities or to get knowledge in the subjects, you took the right decision for your career. Science is one of the most popular stream choices for students.
Let us see what professional courses you can take after you have completed your class 12th from the science stream. We will look at different areas of education and discuss all the details about the various best professional Courses After Class 12 Science.
- Different Areas of Study After Class 12th Science Courses
- Professional Courses after Class 12th Science PCM with Duration
- List of Professional Courses after 12th Science PCB with Duration
- Eligibility Criteria for Professional PCM & PCB Courses After 12th Class
- Professional Degree courses after 12th science Admission Process for PCB & PCM Students
- FAQ’s on Professional courses after 12th science in India
Different Areas of Study After Class 12th Science Courses
So, you already know that there are two sets of subjects that come under the science stream which are PCM and PCB. PCM stands for physics, chemistry, and mathematics whereas PCB stands for physics, chemistry, and biology. The students with physics, chemistry, and mathematics as their main subjects in class 12th can go for professional courses that are related to mathematics such as engineering courses, architecture courses, etc.
On the other hand, Students who have completed their class 12th with physics, chemistry, and biology as their subjects can go for medicine-related courses such as MBBS, dental studies, etc. In the following article, we will look at all the different courses after 12th that students can take after choosing either of the above subject sets.
Since the physics chemistry and mathematics subjects are related to analysis, observation, and calculation of various concepts there is an abundance of the career of originality for students who have studied these subjects students can go for the following courses if they have completed their class 12th in PCM:
|Course Name||Course Duration|
|Engineering (BTech & BE)||4 years|
|Computer Applications (B.Sc computer science or BCA)||3 years|
|Industrial Design||4 years|
Choosing the right college is as important as pursuing the right degree because colleges make a huge difference in the quality of education. In the list given below, we have written the top colleges for all the courses mentioned above. Following is a list of top colleges that the students can choose to pursue their professional PCM courses:
- Indian Institute of Technology (various locations)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Center for Environmental Planning and Technology, Ahmedabad
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
- J.J. College of Architecture
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design, and Technology, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune
- St Xavier’s College, Mumbai
The average fee for PCM professional courses can be somewhere between INR 50,000 per annum to INR 8,00,000 per annum. It completely depends upon the particular course and the particular college, what the fee exactly is. Just as it is in most cases, the fee for government colleges is much lesser as compared to that of private colleges.
After completing courses from the PCM background, a river of opportunities starts flowing for the students who have worked hard during their study phase and gathered skills will see themselves in a much better situation when it comes to job opportunities. Following is a list of top job opportunities for students for various courses under the PCM umbrella:
- Web developer
- Software engineer
- Technical writer
- Software developer
- Site manager
- Interior designer
- Industrial designer
- Fashion designer
- Product designer
- Project manager
- Network engineer, and many more.
After completing courses from a PCM background, the average salary that a fresher can expect is somewhere between INR 2,00,000 per annum to INR 10,00,000 per annum. It completely depends upon the job profile on which the candidate is working. With the experience in the industry pay for the individual will definitely keep increasing through the years.
After completing class 12th with PCB subjects, various fields related to medicine open up for the students. Students who are passionate about helping people, finding close to diseases, diagnosis of diseases, treatment of people, and want to join the healthcare department, this is the best opportunity.
The areas of professional courses after class 12th with physics, chemistry, and biology as subjects are mentioned below:
|Course Name||Course Duration|
|Medicine: Medical field is one of the most well-respected fields of work in our country. There are multiple professional courses that are available for students after they have completed their class 12th with PCB so that they can enter the medical field and learn how to become trained professionals.
Following is a list of top medical courses after 12th at the undergraduate level:
|Nutrition and dietetics||3 years|
|Occupational therapy||4 years & 6 months Internship|
- List of Medical Courses After 10th
- Nursing Courses After 12th Arts, Science, Commerce
- 6 month Medical Courses After 12th
- Paramedical Courses After 12th Science
For courses related to the medical field, the quality of education becomes most important since medical professionals deal with the health of the people directly. If the medical professional is not skilled enough, this can cause severe problems to their patients and this risk cannot be taken.
Hence, it is advised that students must study in good colleges especially if they are going for medical education. Following is a list of top colleges for students who want to study professional courses after completing their class 12th from the PCB background:
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- lady Irwin college, New Delhi
- Institute of Home Economics, New Delhi
- National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
The average fee for the professional courses that are in the PCB background can be somewhere between INR 25,000 per annum to INR 15,00,000 per annum. The exact fee for the course will depend upon the course that the student has chosen and also the college that a student has chosen to study that course from.
It is well known that the medical courses from private colleges are extremely high charging. The government colleges, on the other hand, charge how much lesser fees for the same courses.
A pool of job opportunities is open in front of students who have completed an undergraduate level program related to the medical field after completing class 12. Following are some of the top job profiles for candidates with an undergraduate degree in medical fields. According to all those courses that are mentioned above in the article following are the job profiles:
- Homeopathic doctor
- Occupational therapist
After completing courses from a PCB background, the average salary that a fresher can expect is somewhere between INR 1,50,000 per annum to INR 15,00,000 per annum. It completely depends upon the job profile on which the candidate is working. With the experience in the industry pay for the individual will keep increasing through the years since in the field of medicine, experience is very important.
The minimum eligibility criteria to enroll in professional PCB courses is that the student must already have completed their class 12th from a school that is affiliated with a recognized Board of Education and they must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology subjects.
For reserved category students, the eligibility criteria are that they must have scored a minimum of 42-45% marks in their physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology subjects in their class 12 board examinations.
Admission procedure to professional courses after class 12th PCM and PCB subjects is the same. The admissions are either done in the direct mode or via the entrance examination mode. Below we have discussed the complete information via entrance exams mode:
For entrance exam based admission, students will have to follow the following guidelines:
- The application forms for the entrance examination are filled in online mode by visiting the official website of the conducting body of the entrance examination. At the time of application, some details such as the name of the candidate, email, address, phone number, qualifications, etc are required and the candidate must fill them in to complete the application process.
- If the application process is done properly the admit card for the candidate will be released. The admit card is a must at the time of the entrance examination. Without the admit card entry is not allowed into the examination hall. If the candidate has cleared the examination, they will be called in for counseling.
- On the basis of the marks obtained by the student in the entrance examination, they will be allotted colleges. The students scoring top marks are given the top colleges and the students can choose which college they want to enter.
- After the counseling, students will have to physically visit the College in order to complete the admission process. The final stage of the admission process is the submission of the fee. After this person, the student will be considered a registered student for that particular course in that particular college. And the student can begin their studies according to the timetable which will be provided to them by the college.
1. Can I go for diploma courses after completing class 12th in the science stream?
Yes, you can definitely go for various diploma courses after you have completed your class 12th with the science stream. There are many different types and streams of study that provide diploma degrees.
2. What are the different course options after completing class 12th in the science stream?
The different common yet unique courses after 12th in the science stream are given below:
For PCM students:
- Industrial design
- Computer applications and information technology
For PCB students:
- Medicinal courses
- Nutrition and dietetics courses
- Occupational therapy
3. Can I enroll in different courses at the same time?
Yes, the university commission has given out the guidelines for the pursuit of two full-time and same-level academic courses simultaneously which can be pursued either online or through distance learning mode. In order to avoid clashing classes, students can pursue one course in physical mode by attending the university and the second course in a distance learning mode so that they can view their online lectures after they have completed their physical classes for another course. This decision has gotten a thumbs up from the education experts.
We hope that you got all the information regarding professional courses after 12th science with both PCM and PCB as the main subjects. We have tried to cover all the points regarding these subjects right from the admission process to the top colleges that offer these courses.
Do let us know what you thought about our write-up and how we can improve. Stay connected with us for future updates and more such course details articles. We hope that you make a sound decision for yourself, all the best!