CIFNET Application Form 2020 is out now. Candidates who are willing to take admission for B.F.S(NS) and VNC/MFC courses should fill and submit the application form of the Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training before the last date. CIFNET released the application form for both courses on its official website.
Applicants must download the application form from the official site of CIFNET i.e., cifnet.gov.in and fill the details as per their qualifications. The last date to submit the CIFNET Application Form 2020 is 15th May 2020. Candidates who submit their CIFNET 2020 application form successfully before the final date can take the entrance exam for the admission into Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science) and Vessel Navigator Course (VNC)/ Marine Filter Course(MFC).
Also Read: Aakash ACST
Aspirants should satisfy the eligibility criteria to fill and submit the CIFNET 2020 Application Form. So, applicants must know the eligible conditions and application fees, how to apply for CIFNET B.F.S(NS) and VNC/MFC Courses entrance test, and more. Don’t worry, here we have provided the whole details of CIFNET Application Form 2020. Just go through with the below modules and get all about CIFNET 2020 B.F.S(NS) and VNC/MFC Courses Application Forms.
About CIFNET University
The Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training (or CIFNET) earlier known as the Central Institute of Fisheries Operatives (CIFO), is a marine studies center placed at Kochi, India. Department of Fisheries and Animal Husbandry of the Government of India is maintaining the CIFNET. And, it was established to support research and development in the field.
The institute trains graduates in fisheries-related administrations. It is established at Foreshore Road near the School of Marines (CUSAT). The institute was developed in 1963 and is affiliated to the Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT).
CIFNET is the only institute that offers a bachelor’s degree in both Nautical Science and Fisheries Science. It has two other institutes in Visakhapatnam and Chennai. So, getting admission in this institute is very important for willing candidates. Aspirants can check the full details of the CIFNET application form 2020 with the help of the below links. Also, you can download CIFNET 2020 Application Form from this page below.
- Important Dates of CIFNET Application Form 2020
- Eligibility Criteria to Apply for CIFNET 2020 Exam
- How to Submit the CIFNET 2020 Application Form?
- Address to send the Application form of CIFNET
- CIFNET 2020 Application Fee
- Details to fill in the CIFNET 2020 application form For BFSc (NS) & VNC/MFC
- Directions to Fill the CIFNET Application Form 2020
- CIFNET 2020 Seat Intake
- CIFNET 2020 Exam Centre
- Selection Process of CIFNET 2020 Training
- Exam Pattern of CIFNET 2020
- CIFNET 2020 Hall Ticket
For the sake of all applicants, we tried to tabulate the CIFNET 2020 Application Form important dates like when it is released and what is the last date to submit the filled form and when candidates can expect the admit cards and CIFNET Exam Dates for B.F.Sc.(NS) & VNC/ MFC Courses. You will get the exact dates for all these questions in the below table. So, check the important dates of CIFNET Application Form 2020 and download the application form for both courses from the direct links provided on this page.
|CIFNET 2020 Application Form||Dates|
|Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science)|
|Release date of Application form||23rd Mar 2020|
|Last Date to receive the filled-in CIFNET Application||15th May 2020|
|Hall Ticket||1st week of June 2020|
|Exam Date for B.F.Sc.(NS) Course||13th June 2020|
|Vessel Navigator Course (VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course (MFC)|
|CIFNET 2020 Application Form Release Date||23rd Mar 2020|
|Last Date to receive the filled-in application||15th May 2020|
|Last date to obtain the Admit Card||12th June 2020|
|Exam Date for VNC/ MFC Course||20th June 2020|
All the candidates who are wishing to apply for the CIFNET exam 2020 are advised to check the eligibility conditions announced by the officials in the notification. According to your chosen course, the criteria may differ. So, refer to the mentioned eligibility criteria for each course from the official notification released by the Central Institute of Fisheries, Nautical & Engineering Training (CIFNET). Or else, check the following points and fulfill those required eligibility conditions to fill the CIFNET 2020 Application form and take the training form the CIFNET for Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science) and Vessel Navigator Course (VNC)/ Marine Filter Course (MFC).
For Vessel Navigator Course (VNC) & Marine Fitter Course (MFC)
- Education Qualification: Candidates must pass in SSC or equivalent examination with at least 40% marks in Maths and Science individually.
- Age limit: 15 to 20 years is must (August 01 of respective years)
- Aspirants who are going to appear for 10th standard exams this year during march 2020 are also eligible to apply for the CIFNET VNC/MNC course entrance exam.
For Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science) [B.F.Sc (N.S)]
- Age limit: 17 years to 20 years as of October 01, 2020.
- Education Qualification: Contenders should have a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination in all subjects like PCB, PCM & English.
- Vision: In case the aspirants want to start the career on sea/vessel, he/she need to pass the prescribed eye test conducted by Mercantile Marine Department before admission.
- The candidates of SC/ST enough to hold the passing marks in 10+2 std.
- Aspirant with PCM group will straightly eligible for GMDSS after BFSc(NS) degree.
- Applicants who are looking for 10+2 exams during March 2020 are also eligible to apply.
Aspirants who are willing to take admission in a CIFO providing training for B.F.Sc Nautical Science & VNC/MFC courses should refer to the below-mentioned application procedure for CIFNET 2020 exam.
Aspirants must fill the CIFNET 2020 application form and send it to the concerned authority along with the attested copies before the final date of submission. The below steps explain the process of submitting the CIFNET Application Form 2020.
- Go to the official website of CIFNET i.e., cifnet.gov.in
- Now, search for the application form for a particular course that you want to apply and then Download CIFNET Application Form from the portal.
- Also, you can get the direct download links of CIFNET 2020 Application Form for B.F.S(NS) & VNC/MFC courses from this page below.
- Now, click on the links and download the application form from the official website or from here.
- After that, applicants should fill the necessary details in the application form of CIFNET.
- For your knowledge, we have given the details to be filled in the application form in the below modules. So, check the module before filling the CIFNET Form 2020.
- Once you are done with filling the application form, send the filled in CIFNET application form along with the attested copies to the prescribed address of the concerned authority.
Candidates who hold the filled-in application form of CIFNET are allowed to submit the forms by sending via post to the following address:
Fine Arts Avenue, Foreshore Road,
Kochi – 682 016, Kerala.
The contenders who desire to apply for CIFNET B.F.S(NS) & VNC/MFC Exam 2020 need to pay a specified amount of application fee at the time of submitting a filled application form of CIFNET. Also, you should remember that the paid fee is non-refundable. So, check the prescribed application fee for CIFNET 2020 Examination from the below table:
|Category||Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science)||(VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course(MFC)|
Candidates are advised to check the details that you should fill in the Application Form of CIFNET 2020 after downloading the form from the official site or else from the link available on this page. The following details are necessary to be filled in the B.F.Sc Nautical Science & VNC/MFC Application Forms of CIFNET.
Following are the details that are to be filled in the B.F.Sc application form:
- Fill in the candidate’s full name
- Name of Father, a guardian with initials
- Fill date of birth
- Completed age as on 1 October 2020
- Tick on gender
- The nationality of the candidate may be indicated.
- Tick on the category (OBC/ST/SC).
- Fill mother tongue.
- Complete address
- Fill in education qualifications
Following are the details that are to be filled in the VNC/MFC application form:
- Candidates have to write the name of the course to apply for.
- Full name of the candidate should be filled
- Complete address of the candidate.
- Fill the date of birth
- Father’s name
- Mention the examination center preference
- The details of total marks obtained and percentage for 10th or equivalent and subsequent examinations passed may be filled.
- Tick language proficiency
- Fill in physical measurements
- Write whether knows swimming (Yes/No)
- Tick the list of enclosures.
Applications which will be received late/incomplete/without age certificate/SSLC Mark List/Community Certificate (for SC/ST only)/not in the prescribed forms, will not be considered.
The steps to fill the application form are given below:
- Fill up the application form only in English using the Capital letters.
- Use a Coma to separate letters or groups of words.
- Use only Black Ballpoint pen.
- Write only one character in one box.
- Leave one box blank between words.
- Illegible/wrong/filling with overwriting, incomplete filling up will lead to rejection of the application for which the applicant alone shall be responsible.
- Information provided in the forms will be treated as final and no request for correction, alteration, addition, etc. will be entertained.
The number of seats for the courses provided by CIFNET is tabulated below:
|Courses||Total No.of Seats|
The CIFNET 2020 Exam Centres for BFS(NS) & VNC/MFC Courses Examination are provided below for your sake.
- Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science) Course Exam Centres are Kochi, Chennai, and Vizag.
- Vessel Navigator Course (VNC) & Marine Fitter Course (MFC) Exam Centres are Kochi, Chennai, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Portblair, Patna, and Bhuvneshwar.
- For B.F.Sc (NS)– Common Entrance Test, Academic Merit in the qualifying examination.
- For VNC & MFC – All India basis Common Entrance Test (CET).
|Course Name||Medium||Type of Questions||No.of Sections||Marking Scheme|
|Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science)||English||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||5 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and English Language)||+1 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 0.25 will be deducted for each wrong answer.|
|(VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course(MFC)||English||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||3 (Maths, Science subjects, and English language)|
Applicants who submitted their application forms of CIFNET successfully will be permitted to download the Admit Card for CIFNET 2020 Exam. The hall ticket will be out before one week of the exam date. Candidates are advised to download the CIFNET Hall tickets from the official site. Here, we have given a step by step guide to download the admit card:
- Open the official website of CIFNET to download the admit card
- Candidates have to go to the admit card page provided on the home page for the direct link to download hall ticket of CIFNET.
- Before that, aspirants have to log in with their personal credentials.
- After providing the login details your admit card will be generated.
- Take 2-3 printout of the CIFNET hall ticket 2020 for future use
I hope this page will help you to find out the complete details of CIFNET Application Form 2020 like Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Selection Process, Exam Centres, Seat Intake, etc. If you have any questions, please share them in the below comment box. Also, share this article with your friends. Bookmark our website and get the latest updates about CIFNET 2020 Exam.