Travel and Tourism Management Courses in India: Travel and tourism are some of the most popular courses that students apply for in colleges and universities. Given below is all the information that you require for doing a course in Travel and tourism. The scope of travel and tourism management courses is growing in India. There is all the necessary information that you need, like eligibility criteria, scope, career options, and available courses.
The number of courses in Travel and tourism is increasing every year in the country. The central government and state governments are giving the tourism sector the importance it needs. There are many ways in which the government is taking initiatives to make the tourism sector better.
- Travel and Tourism Management Available Courses
- Types of Travel and Tourism Management Courses
- List of Bachelor’s Courses Under Travel and Tourism Management
- List of Diploma Courses Under Travel and Tourism Management
- List of Certificate Courses Under Travel and Tourism Management
- Travel and Tourism Management Courses Duration
- Travel and Tourism Management Syllabus
- Scope of Travel and Tourism Management
- Travel and Tourism Management Salary
- Travel and Tourism Management Job Opportunities
- What are the kinds of courses you can do to pursue Travel and Tourism Management?
- What is the duration of a certificate course in Travel and Tourism Management?
- What is the starting salary for someone who wants to work in the Travel and Tourism Management sector?
India is a vast country with many diversities that citizens and other nationals from around the world come to visit. A course in Travel and tourism management is for the students who want a career out doing the various things associated with Travel. Some of the things that this course teaches you are taking care of the tourists, management of hospitality, Travel, and tour management.
The amount of jobs that are available in this sector is growing every year. More people want to take up travel and tourism management. India is a famous tourist country. Millions of people visit places in the country every year. There are many different spots in India-some spots are heritage spots, others are medical spots, and some are cultural spots in India. Therefore, the necessity for travel and tourism management increases every year.
Students can choose the different Travel and Tourism courses depending on when they are applying for it. All the courses have a different time frame and syllabus. Given below are the main kinds of travel and tourism management courses which are available in the various colleges in India-
- Bachelor’s Degree courses
- Diploma courses
- Certificate courses
- PG Degree courses
- PG Diploma courses
- PG Certificate courses
Given below is a list of Undergraduate level courses in travel and tourism management. Many combinations are available so you can choose a course of your preference. The duration of a Bachelor’s course in Travel and tourism is usually for three years. The students should have passed 10th and 12th.
- Bachelor of Arts in Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Tourism Management Course
- Bachelor of Art in Tourism studies
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Air Travel Management
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies
- Bachelor of Tourism and Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Travel and Tourism
All the courses mentioned above have Post Graduate level courses which are available in many institutions.
Given below are diploma courses for students who want to pursue Travel and tourism courses. These courses can last up to a maximum of two years. Students who have completed 10th and 12th can apply for the diploma courses and pursue it. Every college or university has different academic programs.
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Tourism Studies
- Diploma in Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Tourist Guide
- Graduate Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism
- Diploma in Tourism and Ticketing
- Diploma in Airfare and Ticketing
Given below are the best certificate courses for students who want to pursue a travel and tourism career. The certificate courses are for a time frame of six to twelve months. A minimum qualification of 10th standard is required for students to apply for the certificate courses. Every institute has different requirements for students to apply for these certificate courses.
- Certificate Course in Travel and Tourism Management
- Certificate Courses in Travel Management
- Certificate Course in Tour Guide
- Certificate Course in Tourism Management
- The Bachelor’s Degree Course for Travel and Tourism Management courses requires about three maximum to complete.
- The Diploma Courses for Travel and Tourism Management Course requires about two to complete.
- The Certificate Courses for Travel and Tourism Management courses require about six to twelve months to complete.
- Sports Management Courses In India
- Hotel Management Courses In India After 12th
- Shipping Management Courses
- Master of Financial Management (MFM) Course
- Bbm Course
Every college or institution has a different set of combinations. However, the core subjects for Travel and Tourism Management are a part of the travel and tourism studies. Given below are some of the core subjects of the Travel and Tourism Management studies:
- Communication Studies
- Fundamentals of Tourism
- Cultural History and Heritage of India
- Tourism Policy and Law
- Tourism Marketing
- Air ticketing
- Tour Operation
- Travel Agency Training
- HR Management
There are several job options available for student who want to pursue a career in Travel and Tourism Management. It’s a field where you can work alone, start your own company, or work at different agencies.
In a field like Travel and Tourism Management, there are many governments as well as private agencies. There are many government agencies like Tourism Boards and Government-run Airlines, hotels, and Transportation.
In the private sector, there are many options that you can choose from and work. You can work as Travel consultant, Travel agencies, Hotels, Resorts, and Travel ticketing websites. There is a pool of opportunities for everyone that wants to pursue a career in the Travel and Tourism sector.
Many times, students feel like they have the skill to start their travel and tourism firms. After the respective course, if you feel like you have had the required skills and resources, you can begin your firm.
The salary you receive increases as you do gain experience. When you start initially, you will receive a salary of around Rs. 10,000- Rs. 15000 per month. Every employer will way you differently. The government agency will pay you will be different from the way a private agency will pay you. As you keep working hard and gaining more experience, your salary will increase.
There are many job opportunities in a sector like Travel and Tourism. Given below are a few options:
- Travel Agency – Employee
- Travel and Tourism- Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Operator
- Air Hostess
- Airline Employee or Airport Staff
- Tour Guide
- Event Manager
- Tour Manager
FAQ’s on Travel and Tourism Management Courses After 12th
There are mainly three kinds of courses you can pursue for Travel and Tourism Management- Bachelor’s degree, Diploma or Certificate Course.
The duration of a certificate course in Travel and Tourism Management varies from college to college. However, normally, the certificate course would be from six to twelve months.
The starting salary for a person working in Travel and Tourism Management starts at 15000.