Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course: The BBM course is a brilliant course for those interested in pursuing management roles in business after their graduation. If you find that you meet this criterion of students, then this is the right course for you. Check Complete Info regarding BBM Course Details like Admission Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Colleges List, Fees Structure, Career Opportunities, Scope, Job Profiles, Salary Offered, etc.
BBM Course Full Form is Bachelor of Business Management.
- Aim of Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course Admission Process
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course Entrance Exams
- Bachelor of Business Management BBM Course Syllabus
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course Fee Structure
- List of Colleges Offering BBM Course
- Job Profiles Under BBM Graduates
- Top Recruiters of a BBM Graduate
- Salary of a BBM Graduate
- What is the duration of the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course?
- What is the eligibility criteria for the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course?
- What is the average fee for the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course?
- Which colleges offer the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course?
- What about jobs after the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course?
Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course Details
A three-year commerce program, this course is the place to be for all of those individuals with dreams of working as a business manager at a big firm. The Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course prepares you in all aspects of a good career in the modern world of corporations and big business.
The course looks at marketing management, financial management, operational management, and also human resource development management. These are all skills that are necessary for a flourishing corporate career.
The Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course is alternatively referred to as a Bachelor of Business Studies.
The aim of the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course is to ready its students for a long and rewarding career in the business and corporate world. It enables the graduates of this course to pursue business in the way they want to by providing the building blocks of knowing how to manage the same.
The course aims to instill the ability to manage oneself in the corporate world by making its students proficient in the following skills:
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Operational Management
- Human Resource Development Management
The Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course focuses on these four majors because they are the most necessary skills required to work in the corporate sector.
The eligibility criteria for the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course is the most basic requirement of having passed class 12 or equivalent and also passing a common entrance test for the same.
The entrance test for the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course looks at your aptitude for the course – whether it is built for you or not. Different institutions conduct their own tests for the BBM course which they offer.
The following are all the eligibility criteria for the BBM course:
- Candidates need to have passed class 12 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- One of the main subjects in class 12 or equivalent should have been English.
- Passing the entrance exam by the respective institution offering the course (some colleges).
Here, you can also note that if you are a student with a commerce background, i.e. if you chose the commerce stream in classes 11 and 12, you will be given more leeway or relaxation in the admission cut-off marks.
Different colleges have different criteria for eligibility as well. Some colleges require entrance tests, but others have merit-based admissions. Some colleges have age requirements, but aside from this, the requirements remain more or less the same.
- For the All India Management Association (AIMA), the candidate must be a minimum of 17 years old.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) requires candidates to be no less than 18 years old and no more than 21 years old at the time of admission.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) requires candidates to be less than 25 years old at the time of admission.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Streamwise, and Category wise
While the admission process for each college is its own, the basic process of admission for the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course remains the same.
The process requires the eligible candidate to sign up for the entrance test first. If the candidate passes the entrance test, the next step is the interview – make sure to be prepared for the same, because an interview can be tricky, but it is easy to ace with appropriate preparation. Last comes the admission into the institute, and your admission process is done!
All in all, these are the steps for admission:
- Sign up for the entrance test on the respective website for the college you wish to join for the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course.
- Sit for your personal interview.
- The institute will admit you into their BBM program.
As mentioned before, different institutions have different entrance tests. Here is a list of the same:
- Symbiosis International: Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- All India Management Association: AIMA Undergraduate Aptitude Test (UGAT)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University: Common Entrance Test (CET)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies: NMIMS Programs After Twelfth (NPAT)
The entrance exam for the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course tests the following list of skills ineligible candidates:
- Comprehension (Language and Reading)
- General Awareness/General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Analytical Ability
The Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course follows a three-year undergraduate program spread out over six semesters. The semester-wise breakdown of the BBM Course Subjects is as follows:
- Principles of Management
- Business Communication and Soft Skills
- Financial Accounting
- Business Mathematics
- Economic Environment of Business
- Business Regulatory Framework
- Business Statistics
- Managerial Economics
- Office Management and Automation
- Cost Accounting
- General Hindi
- Corporate Accounting
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Indian Financial System
- International Trade and Finance
- Income Tax
- Organizational Behaviour
- Research Methodology
- General English
- Financial Management
- Comprehensive Viva
- Production Management
- Project Management
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Operation Research
- Project and Viva-Voce
- Environmental Studies
- Company Law and Secretarial Practice
- Banking Law and Practices in India
- Marketing Management
- MBA Course Details
- MBA Computer Science Course
- MBA in Education Management Course
- Management Engineering Course
- Courses After MBA
The average fees for the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course depend mainly on the specialization that you select under it.
The following is a list of the specializations and the respective average fees for the same.
|Average Fees per year
|BBM in International Business
|₹10,000 to ₹30,000
|BBM in Marketing Management
|₹10,000 to ₹25,000
|BBM in Human Resource Management
|₹15,000 to ₹1,00,000
Please note that all management institutions in the country offer the BBM course. For your information, the following is a list of the best BBM Course Colleges:
- Indian Institute of Management
- Indian School of Business
- Acharya Nagarjuna University
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
- Jamnalal Institute of Management Studies
- Christ University
- Administrative Management College
All of these institutions, including all their respective campuses in different cities, are fantastic BBM institutions. Some of these institutions offer Bachelor of Business Studies Course.
As a Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course graduate, there are several appropriate job profiles for you, where you can practically apply the skills you learn during the course. Some of the possible jobs after BBM course has been completed by you include the following:
- Business Analyst
- Market Research Associate
- Business Development Executive
- Business Relationship Manager
- Human Resource Management
- Executive Manager
- Associate Manager
- Deliveries Manager
- Operations Manager
- Marketing Manager
During your placements after completing your Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course, job recruiters will be looking to hire you for a number of positions, which have been mentioned above. There is space for a BBM graduate in every industry because every industry requires to fill business managerial positions. Nevertheless, the following are the most common job recruiters for BBM graduates:
- Retail Business
- Tech Consultancy Firms
- Fashion Companies
- Tech Giants
- Marketing Firms
- Manufacturing Firms for Management Positions
While the salary of an individual, regardless of degree, is based upon a number of factors, such as the firm or company, the abilities of the individual, as well as seniority of the individual’s position in the company. The average Bachelor of Business Management BBM Course salary for graduates ranges about ₹4.23 lakhs per annum. This is a cumulative average of the salaries based upon the factors mentioned before.
FAQ’s on Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course
The duration of the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course is a three-year undergraduate course which is divided into six semesters.
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) course, candidates need to have passed their class 12 or equivalent from a recognized institution, with a minimum of 50% average and English as the main subject. In some cases, candidates should also have passed the respective entrance test for the same.
The average fees for the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course widely ranges between ₹10,000 and ₹1,00,000.
All management institutions offer the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course. This includes all IIMs (Indian Institute of Management), Indian School of Business (ISB), among various others.
There are different managerial jobs in all kinds of business industries available for graduates of the Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) Course. This includes retail, fashion, tech consultancies, and various other industries, which offer jobs as an associate, junior, and senior executive managers, human resource development managers, relationship managers, and various other managerial positions in the corporate sector.
What are BBM Course Job Opportunities?
The several job opportunities for the Bachelor of Business Management Course are Quality Assurance Analyst, Business Consultant, Teacher & Lecturer, Marketing Coordinator, and Business Development Manager.