Naval Architecture Courses: Naval Architecture course demand has increased in these past few years. The course uses science and engineering concepts for the designing and manufacturing of ships, boats, and other offshore equipment. The related aspects of marine fields are involved in the process of the naval architecture course.
The marine sector is an important part of the growth and development of the country which creates the need for naval architects. The course provides a great opportunity in India as well as abroad. If you study this course you can get the opportunity to work either on commercial or military products related to marine.
We have provided complete details on the Naval Architecture Courses Online including the eligibility, entrance exams, career scope, top colleges, and more.
- Introduction to Naval Architecture Courses
- Naval Architecture Courses Eligibility
- Entrance Exam for Naval Architecture UG/PG Courses
- Top Naval Architecture Colleges in India 2022 | Naval Architecture Course Fees
- Naval Architecture Course Syllabus
- Career Scope of Naval Architecture Courses
- Naval Architecture Course Top Recruiters
- Skills Required by Indian Naval Architect
- Naval Architecture Salary In India
- FAQ’s on Free Naval Architecture Courses in India
- Final Words
The Naval Architecture Course teaches you about the planning, designing, development, construction, trial, maintenance, and launching of marine vehicles, among other offshore activities. The bachelor’s degree in the course can be completed in 4 years which included semester-wise examinations.
Being a naval architect you must have a brief knowledge of the mechanical, shipbuilding, automation, and other engineering fields too. After the comp[letion of B.Tech Naval architecture you can pursue a master’s in the same to get advanced knowledge about the subject.
The eligibility criteria vary from college to college. But there are some basic terms and conditions which student needs to keep in mind and focus on before applying to any college.
- Thus, for an undergraduate degree, students must have studied Chemistry, Math, and Physics in their class XII and cleared it with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- For a master’s degree, you must have a bachelor’s degree in B.Tech Naval Engineering or some relevant domain.
Getting admission into top-ranking colleges is not an easy task. In addition to the high percentage in class 12th, you must also clear entrance exams. For the post-graduate level, you need to clear your GATE.
But for UG Naval engineering the entrance exams which you must have appeared and cleared with good marks are
- IMU-CET: Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test
- JEE Main: Joint Entrance Examination
- AICET: All India Combined Entrance Test
There are top-ranking colleges available in India which offer Naval Architecture courses. These colleges are available all over India and you can get admission here based on entrance exams. Some college conducts their aptitude test in addition to the national level entrance exam. Here, you can find the list of top college/institutes with naval architecture courses fees structure.
|Naval Architecture Courses Colleges
|Naval Architecture Course Fees Structure
|Academy of Maritime Education and Training
|Rs 4.75 lakh
|Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
|Rs 8 lakh
|Delhi Maritime Academy
|Rs 10.50 lakh
|IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology
|Rs. 8.34 lakh
|IIT Madras – Indian Institute of Technology Chennai
|Rs 9.38 lakh
|IMA – International Maritime Academy
|Rs 10 lakh
|IMU – IMU Vizag Indian Maritime University
|Rs 9 lakh
|VELS Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies a School of Ocean Engineering,
|Rs 7.01 lakh
The important topics of the Nvala Architecture Course are described here. Mainly it consists of marine design and engineering, marine structure design, meteorology, calculus, engineering physics, chemistry, and more.
The syllabus also included a thesis section and elective courses. However, in the elective, you might be provided a choice to choose from a few defined subjects. You can have an overview of the topics as the semester-wise syllabus offers according to each college.
- Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence
- Vibration and Noise
- Hydrostatics and Stability
- Marine Power Plant
- Ship Drawing and Calculations
- Industrial Training
- Elements of Ocean Engineering
- Hydrostatics and Stability calculations
- Foundation of Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Drawings and Graphics Workshop
- Ship Resistance and Propulsion
- Engineering Mechanics
- English for Communication
- Marine Hydrodynamics
- Vibration and Noise Laboratory
- Marine Construction and Welding
- Electrical Technology
- Programming and Data Structure
- Introduction to Naval Architecture
- Electrical Technology Laboratory
- Engineering Drawings & Graphics
- Business Fundamentals and Economics
- Ship Hydrodynamics
- Marine Instrumentation Lab
- Mechanics Electrical Technology
- Basic Electronics and Electronics Laboratory
- Ship Design Project
- Analysis of Marine Structures and Computations
Career Scope of Naval Architecture Courses
Naval Architecture curse creates various job opportunities for you. You can easily get a job wither of the government and private sector. The opportunities you are still increasing day by day.
But if you are willing to study further after the completion of your bachelor’s degree then the door is always open. You can choose these various options as a Naval Architect:
- Naval Researcher
- Marine Surveyor
- Ship Operator
- Coast Guard
- Marine Engineer
- Port Manager
- Quality Systems Engineer
- Coastal Engineer
More Related Articles
- Diploma Course in Architecture
- Merchant Navy Courses
- Marine Engineering Courses
- How to become a Ship Captain in India?
You must be worried that after the completion of the Naval Architecture course in which company you need to apply. Don’t worry are proving you the list of best Naval Archjetctv recruiting firms.
- Cochin Shipyard Ltd
- Goa Shipyard Ltd
- Larsen and Toubro Shipbuilding
- Reliance Defence Industries Ltd
- Aries Marine Consultant
- Buoyancy Consultants
- Indian Register of Shipping
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd
Skills are the key to success. Without proper skills, it is not possible to apply your knowledge in the practice. Thus, in addition to the wide knowledge, you need to pursue some skills such as
- Effective technical skills
- Judgement and decision making
- Evaluation of System
- System analysis
- Subtle attention to detail
- Spatial awareness and operation analysis
- Critical Thinking
- IT and Mathematics skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Communication and Coordination
- Creativity and innovative
The average salary of ranges from between Rs 0.2 Lakhs to Rs 42.0 Lakhs. However, with the experience, knowledge, and skills you can earn a well amount. The salary range completely depends on the job profile. As with more responsibilities more salary will be offered.
FAQ’s on Free Naval Architecture Courses in India
1. What do Naval Architects do?
A naval architect’s main job is to work in the designing, quality control, repair, and construction of Naval vessels. They work for the working and functioning of the boats, ships, and other offshore arrangements. They are considered professional engineers after the completion of degrees.
2. Is Naval Architecture a difficult course?
Naval Architecture is a unique course that has gained demand in these few years among the youth. The course is not difficult but it is slightly different from the other concepts. It involves a good level of maths which some students find difficult. But with a proper schedule of studying you can make it easy.
3. What is the average salary provided to the Naval Architects?
Naval Architects earn a high salary. It ranges from between Rs 0.2 Lakhs to Rs 42 Lakhs. The annual salary can be Rs 5 Lakhs. With the increasing demand for naval architects, the companies are ready to pay more according to the skills and knowledge of the employee.
4. What are the few entrance exams conducted for Naval Architecture Courses?
Most of the colleges admit students on the basis of the race exams for Naval Architecture courses. You can look for these entrance exams such as AIEEE, AICTE, IMU CET, IIT JEE, etc. to get admission to top colleges.
5. Can I pursue a Naval Architecture course without science in class12th?
The main eligibility criteria for the Naval Architects is to study Chemistry, maths, and Physics in their class XII and clear it with a minimum aggregate of 50%. So, it is not possible to become Naval Architect without PCM.
Naval Architecture is an amazing course that is in great demand all over the world. Thus, if you planning to pursue your career in the same you can absolutely do it. While studying there course there is a lot to discover which builds up more interest of yours in the course.
In addition to the above-provided information, if you feel to ask any queries you can ping them in the comment section. Also, to know more about the naval architecture courses and other course details you may look at our official website Ncertbooks.guru