Data Science Courses: People who are interested in pursuing the Data Science course can check for course-related information here. Here, you can get information on what Data Science is, its duration, fee details, eligibility criteria, admission procedure, name of the institutions offering this course, job opportunities after completing this course, and salary structure. Have you ever wondered how Facebook automatically shows your friend’s suggestion to tag when you upload their photo? Did you want to know how Google shows you content suggestions based on your choice among billion content? If you wish to know it all, Data Science is the course that you should go for.
- Overview of Data Science Course Details
- Subjects, Concepts in Data Science Courses
- List of Colleges Offering Data Science Course Details
- Data Science Course Eligibility Criteria
- Data Science Course Fee Structure
- Data Science Admission Procedure
- Data Science Course Duration
- Data Science Course Syllabus
- Job Profiles of Data Science Courses
- Salary Offered to Data Science Professionals
- What does the Data Science course include?
- Is Data Science difficult?
- Is Data Science the right career choice?
- Is it too late to become a Data Scientist?
About Data Science Courses
Data Science uses mathematics, statistics, machine learning, algorithms, and other tools to delve deeper into the raw data and makes predictions depending on the past data. It helps businesses to plan well and ensure success. The prediction from the past theory used to exist in ancient times as well. The Egyptians accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile River every year. The word’ Data Science ‘ has become so popular in technology and business that we try to find data even in our daily conversation. But that will be considered data when it is digital. So, the handwritten note or printed book is not the data that will help us to get the predictions.
Everyone is now saving their data digitally so that they can use it when required. The revolution of storing data digitally is evolving fast, and we are nowhere near the end of it. However, only a trained Data Scientist can easily pick up the crucial data ( Big Data ) from numerous information. Here’s the categorization to help you better understand the usefulness of data.
Suppose you have a lot of data. And it is not possible for you to analyze it and get a conclusion. Here comes the technology to help you out. Three tools can help you out to sort out the issue.
The first one is SQL, which is a standard language for accessing and manipulating the database. The second one is Python, which is a general-purpose language that emphasizes code readability. The third one is R, which is a language and atmosphere for statistical computing and graphics. Furthermore, you need to know why the data is there and what you want from it or how you can use it. An expert is required to use those tools and experience to get the exact result in a shorter time.
We all are experimenting with different things in our life. Similarly, businesses also experiment a lot before finding the best result. You also become part of some other company’s experiment to make their service better. But improper experiments can create a nuisance and provide improper results. Data Science is required to run the experiment correctly, keep the data clean, and use it when required.
You’ve probably heard this word a lot. Machine Learning is the learning of the computer to use it in different ways to get the result. You can give specific algorithms (a group of instructions given to a computer to get specific results) to the computer to get the required result. There are different kinds of machine learning, but Supervised Learning is the most common among them. It helps you to predict results depending on past happenings. This is how predication is made on what type of people can become potential buyers depending on their previous activity related to shopping.
Another one is Unsupervised Learning. This is less concerned about getting the result and more concerned about finding the connection between the data. Most of the time, these two work side by side to provide a better outcome. Suppose you’re getting a suggestion for a particular movie to watch. Here, supervised learning would say that you’re getting this suggestion. Many people have liked this movie, and unsupervised learning would say that you’re getting the suggestion because you’ve previously liked this kind of movie. The third one is Reinforcement Learning. Here, the machine learns and changes and does not provide static data as a result.
3 to 6 months
|10 + 2 ( Science Background )
Bachelor degree in relevant field
Working Professional in the same field ( PG Diploma and Certification Course )
|Entrance exam or based on the previous result
|20000 to 20 lacs rupees
|4 to 6 lacs
Business Intelligence Analyst
Director of Analytics
Senior Data Analyst
|MNC, Government Organization, Research Laboratories, Academic Sector, etc.
The details of the subjects in this particular course are discussed here. It will give you a better idea about the course before you enroll in this course.
- Introduction and Importance of Data Science
- Working on Data Mining, Data Structures, and Data Manipulation
- Algorithms used in Machine Learning
- Data Scientist Roles and Responsibilities
- Data Acquisition and Data Science Life Cycle
- Deploying Recommender Systems on Real-World Data Sets
- Experimentation, Evaluation and Project Deployment Tools
- Predictive Analytics and Segmentation using Clustering
- Applied Mathematics and Informatics
- Working on Data Mining, Data Structures, and Data Manipulation
- Big Data Fundamentals and Hadoop Integration with R
Here, you will be taught how to use unstructured data in a structured way and go through business data statistics. You will also learn how to get data from external and internal sources and which data is required to answer the queries of a particular business. You will learn about the algorithms used in machine learning, data mining, data structuring, and data manipulation.
List of Colleges Offering Data Science Course Details
Symbiosis Skills and Open University in Pune offer both a 3 years B.Sc degree in Data Science and a one-year PG Diploma in Data Science. For a year course, weekdays batch is available for working professionals. Colleges that offer BSc degree are listed below :
- Navrachana University
- Sri Ramchandra Institute of Higher Education and Research
- KR Mangalam University
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies
- Jain University
- Sri Sri University
- Ganpat University
- Apart from this, many institutions offer both offline and online courses on Data Science. Some of them are listed below :
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta, ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur (Tri-institute program)
- Aegis School of Business, Data Science & Telecommunication
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Bangalore
- IIIT Bangalore & UpGrad
- BRIDGE School of Management Certificate
- MISB Bocconi and Jigsaw Academy
- Praxis Business School
- If you’re interested in doing a full-time Master’s degree in Data Science, you can opt for any of the below-listed universities :
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- Indian Institute of Science (IISC)
- IIM Calcutta
- BITS Pilani
- Indian School of Business
- Symbiosis Centre for International Education
- Indian School of Commerce
- Chennai Mathematical Institute
- IIT Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn it, either a fresher or a professional. After class 12, one can go for a bachelor’s degree in Data Science. They should have a science background, and having computer applications in high school can be an added advantage. However, the percentage required to take admission depends on the college. A fresh graduate in relevant discipline from a recognized university can also opt for either a master’s degree in Data Science. Working professionals from a similar background can do a PG diploma in Data Science. There are many online certification programs on Data Science as well.
The fee structure for the BSc degree in Data Science varies from 3 lacs to 6 lacs depending on the college’s location and reputation. The average fee structure for Masters in Data Science is 20000 to 4 lacs. However, the course fee can go up to 20 lacs, depending on the institution.
To get admission to Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, one must have studied physics, chemistry, and mathematics in high school. If anyone had a computer application as well, it could be an added advantage. To get admission to Masters of Data Science, one must complete a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university. Online courses are open to everyone. Some colleges have their admission test, while others give admission based on their performance in high school/college. You should fill up the application forms appropriately online or offline and submit them within time. To avoid further problems, you must keep all your documents ready with yourself.
The course duration for Bachelor’s of Data Science is three years, while a master degree course is for two years. However, the PG Diploma course for professionals is of 1 year. Online certification courses are within three to six months.
Data Science is a vast field. It has a lot of topics to discuss. Every institution has its curriculum, but the basic subjects are more or less the same.
- Probability and Statistics
- Programming – Python, R, Saas
- Database Knowledge – MySQL, NoSQL
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning – Big Data, Data Ingestion, and Data Munging, Visualization, Problem-solving
- Computer Science Engineering Courses
- Robotics Engineering Courses
- Technology Courses
- How to Become Big Data Engineer in India?
Data Scientist is indeed an exciting profession in the field of Information Technology. They are the ones who are continuously discovering new ways to get the perfect data among billions of data available online. The world of big data has a lot yet to discover, and we are nowhere to the end of it. So, startups and big companies will continue hiring Data Science professionals to solve their business-related problems. Many types of research say that there will be a massive demand for Data Science professionals in the near future as the industry still lacks enough workforce. Some of the job openings after completing the Data Science course are listed below :
- Analytics Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Director of Analytics
- Research Analyst
- Research Scientist
- Senior Data Analyst
India is second in the number regarding recruiting Data Science professionals after the United States of America. The salary of a fresher in this field is around five lacs per annum. It increases as per company norms. Mid-level professionals with 5 to 9 years experience earn 8 to 12 lacs per annum. Senior-level professionals with more than ten years of experience earn up to 20 lacs per annum.
FAQ’s on Data Science Courses
Data Science course includes mathematics, statistics, machine learning, business intelligence, etc. to analyze the data and get the perfect result for a particular requirement.
Yes, it is as if you have to learn hard skills like Python, SQL, and statistics. You also need to acquire soft skills like communication skills, business skills, etc.
Undoubtedly it is because Data Science professionals are among the most highly paid professionals in the world.
No, it is not. Many types of research say that there will be a massive demand for Data Science professionals in the near future as the industry still lacks enough human resources. It is not yet dead.