Data Scientist Course Details: Those candidates who desirous to be a Data Scientist have to read Data Sciences or work in a field of Data Sciences. So firstly, Introduce to Data Science (IDS) class. IDS offered as a practical prelude to the Data Science Master program. Unlike the master-level, giving a great overview of various Data Science areas of applications, the IDS class is more depth-oriented. Some of the fewer problems and the way will be studied but to a larger extent. IDS course is also designed at the bachelor-level course and further anticipating education at the Master Science program “Data Science.” Data Science (DS) is quiet new opportunities having a great scope with the high exponentially-growing field. It works including a set of techniques and tools used to extract useful information from data.
Data Science is a problem-solving oriented subject that which apply as scientific techniques for practical problems. This course has great potential and aims to provide our students with a solid Data Science training, which could boost their path in one of the top 10 most required professions in the world. The course is based on the most self-study during the preparation of datasets and programming of data analysis tasks.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise
Recent DS tools & developments brought to the candidates from the author working with some experience as the director of DS research department in many IT companies.
About Data Scientist Courses
Data Scientists help to build complicated data models and simulations in a Big Data environment. These data scientists have a particular leaning in reading statistics and building & deploying machine learning models. It is an interdisciplinary subject that uses the basic concepts of, data analysis, statistics, machine learning to understand and analyze various problems with respect to a large set of data. It includes various theories, techniques, and tools from mathematics, statistics, computer science, and information technology. Thus, we understand the data science is all about the present and future aspects. That finds out the trends based on historical data, which can be useful for presentations.
For making decisions and finding a pattern that can be modeled and could be used for predictions, look at what things may look like in the future. In data science, one who deals with both structured and unstructured data. The amalgamation algorithms involve predictive analytics in them. Basically, Data Science is a mixture of Statistics, Tools, and Business knowledge. So, it becomes obvious for a Data Scientist to have good knowledge and understanding of these.
Thus, we have to understand that data science is an amalgamation of mathematics, business acumen, tools, algorithms, and machine learning techniques; all of them help us in searching out the hidden patterns from raw data, which can be significant use in the formation of big business decisions.
Data Science is offered with the aim
In B.sc students exposing to broad areas and subjects of Applied Statistics, Data Mining, Predictive Modelling, Big Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, across various sectors such as Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, Human Resources, Healthcare, Banking, etc. By in hand-experience on the real world, It is producing an agile and skilled professional to collect, extract, understand, analyze and predict the given set of data to solve the major problems through real-time data analysis.
It further comprises
- Its work is to develop practical data analysis skills, which can be applied to practical problems.
- Its work is to develop fundamental knowledge of concepts underlying data science projects.
- Its work is to develop the practical skills needed in modern analytics.
- Its work is to explain how math and information sciences can contribute to building better algorithms an software.
- Its work is to give hands-on experience with real-world data analysis.
- Its work is to develop applied experience with data science software, programming, applications, and processes.
Teaching and Training Outcomes
The main result of this study is to train a student to do practical Data Science work. After learning this course, the students could develop into a skilled Data Science researchers or software developers.
After completing the study of the subject IDS, the student should:
- To be able to Know basic notions and definitions in data analysis, machine learning.
- To be able to Know standard methods of data analysis and information retrieval.
- To be able to formulate the problem of knowledge extraction as combinations of data filtration, analysis, and exploration methods.
- To be able to possess the main definitions of the subject field.
- To be able to possess the main software and development tools of a data scientist.
- To be able to learn to develop sophisticated analytical reasoning.
Data Scientist Course Details
According to economic times, the job postings for the data science profile have grown over four hundred times over the past year. So, it is very clear that companies today survive on data, and data scientists are the rockstars of this era. If you like to begin your career as a data scientist, you must take at least a certification course from the below-mentioned list:
Data Science certification Training – R programming: Programming training makes you a master in data analytics using the R programming language. This course helps you take your Data Science skills into many companies, helping them analyze data and make more business decisions.
Data Science with Python: The Data Science using Python course provides a complete picture of Data Analytics techniques and tools using Python. Learning Python is a vital skill for many Data Science roles. Getting knowledge in Python will be the key to unlock your career as a Data Scientist.
Machine Learning: Explore the concepts of Machine Learning and know how it’sits transforming the digital world. An exciting branch of Artificial Intelligence.
Tableau Training: This Tableau certification course enriches your master Tableau Desktop 10, a world-wide utilized data visualization, reporting, and business intelligence tool.
Big Data Hadoop and Spark Developer: Our Big Data Hadoop certification training course makes you master the concepts of the Hadoop framework.
Data Science Capstone: Data Science Capstone project will give you a chance to implement the skills you learned in the Data Scientist Master’sMaster’s Program.
MS Excel: Microsoft Excel is considered the most basic requirement for all data entry jobs. It is of great use in applying formulae, data analysis, equations, diagrams out of a messy lot of data.
This introductory course will cover the following points:
- Data mining
- Machine learning
- Information visualization
- Network analysis
- Natural language processing
- Software engineering
- Distributed systems
- Big data
In BSc Data Science
It is a three-year full-time course that comes under the domains of Computer Science, Business Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence. And those who want to do further they can opt M.sc in Data Science.
List of Colleges Offering Data Science Course
Famous BSc and MSC offering Colleges in India are listed below:
- Sri Sri University.
- Jain University.
- Ganpat University.
- Navrachana University Vadodara.
- Ramchandra Institute of Higher Education and Research in ChennaiTamil Nadu.
- NIMAS Kolkata.
- KR Mangalam University Gurgaon.
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies.
For Diploma Certificate Course
Undergoing a master’s certification course in data science by Sapalogy PVT ltd is a great choice!
According to the Forbes list
- IBM: Data Sciences Fundamental
- Udacity – Intro to Machine Learning
- EdX – Data Science Essentials
- California Institute of Technology(CIT) – Learning from Data.
- KDNuggets – Data Mining Course
- Dataquest – Become a Data Scientist (It has its own free data mining syllabus.)
It offers three paths – data scientist, data analyst, and data engineer, with endorsements from Amazon Uber, and Spotify it looks like a good way to get a feel if you will enjoy studying data science, without spending the bucks.
Data Scientist Course Eligibility Criteria
- Good mathematical background and programming skills are sufficient enough to learn new languages and software which are required.
- Basic knowledge of linear algebra statistics would be an additional plus.
- There is a need to couple your graduation degree with the right amount of technical skills.
- Apart from the graduate-level courses, a lot of management colleges are now providing a master’s program in Data Analytics.
- Candidates with M.Tech / M.E. or B.Tech / B.E. degrees are sought by 37% of the recruiters.
BSc Data Science Eligibility
- Students must have completed 10+2 standard with Science stream and must have 50%marks for admission in India and 60%for taking admission in broad.
- The subjects should be Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. If a student has studied Computer Science(CS) as an additional subject, then it will be an edge.
Data Scientist Course Fee Structure
- For pursuing B.sc in Data Sciences, the fees are range between 2.5 lakhs to 5 lakhs varies from university to university.
- For the Advanced course, it can be between 3-5 lakhs.
- For the Diploma certificate program, some courses are free to avail at a fundamental level, and after that, it is varying from institute to institute.
Data Scientist Course Jobs and Salary
Data Science(DS) is one of the most paid and sought after jobs. According to Glassdoor and other such websites, Data scientists make an average of $116,100 per annum.
Nearly 46% of Data Scientists get a salary between 6-15 LPA.
Average Starting Salary after doing B.Sc and further advanced level courses can be expected around INR 5-8.5LPA, but after working on various projects and getting enough experience, you can get as high as INR 16 LPA in good companies such as MuSigma, Publicis Sapient, Amazon, Accenture, E&Y, TCS, Cognizant and others.
The assessment includes three components:
- Class homework/projects, assigned after each lecture.
- Final project.
- The class grade is calculated as 70% of homework/projects + 30% of the final project.
In addition to this attendance, the originality of work and contributions to the class will be taken into consideration, especially for non-zero fractional-grade parts.
Data Scientist Course Duration
PG Diploma can be completed within a course span of 6 months, and a master’s certification requires 3–4 months for completion.
BSc Data Science is a three-year full-time course.
Data Scientist Course Admission Procedure
The candidates who opted B.Sc in Data Science can have to clear the common entrance exam for their admission process. After this, a Personal Interview also takes place to know the interest and capability of the candidate.
For certificate, program candidates can be registered with providing various websites and opted for the course and buy it.
Data Scientist Courses Syllabus
- Foundations: Start your journey in this beginner’s course by going over the fundamentals of data science, knowing the breadth of skills and introduced to the programming environment, and the key concepts of both statistical analysis and programming.
- Getting Started: Development Environment and Local Setup.
- Python Programming & Computer Science: Types, Data Structures, Flow Control, Functions, OOP and Time Complexity
- Mathematics: Probability, Statistics, Calculus and Linear Algebra
- Data Analysis: Students will face a wide variety of topics under the course of exploratory data analysis. Getting, analyzing, cleaning, and visualizing raw data is the main job responsibility of industry data scientists. And learning modeling decisions.
- Statistical Inference: Probability, Event Space, Distributions, and Hypothesis Testing.
- Summarizing and Visualizing Data: Univariate and Multivariate Exploratory Data Analysis, Descriptive Statistics,
- Machine Learning: Students will know how to explore new data sets, implement a comprehensive set of algorithms machine learning from scratch, and master all the components of a predictive model, such as data preprocessing, model selection, performance metrics, and hyperparameter optimization.
- Data Mining: Dimensionality Reduction, Clustering, Anomaly Detection, Network Analysis, and Recommender Systems.
- Specialty Topics: Natural Language Processing, Data Engineering, and Web Applications.
Data Scientist Course Job Description
Top Job Positions are Data Scientist, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Data Architect, Research Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Analytics Manager, Big Data Analyst, Marketing Analyst Professional and many more.
Banking & finances are leaders with more than 40% of all jobs advertised. Energy and Utilities contribute 15% of the total jobs.
Top Recruiting Companies of Data Scientist Courses
The top recruiting companies are Walmart, Conduent, Genpact, Accenture, ZS Associates, Sun Pharma, HDFC Bank, Amdocs, Oyo, Novartis, Allerin Tech, Amazon AWS, Lenskart, Maersk, Ericsson, Microsoft, Deloitte, Reliance, artesian Consulting, Publicis Sapient, Tredence Inc., Wipro Ltd., Oracle, MuSigma, IBM, Amazon, TEG Analytics, Deloitte, HCL, GlobalAnalytics, etc.
FAQ’s on Data Scientist Course Details
What is the basic skill required for Data Scientist?
The basic required skills are Tools, Techniques, and Business Acumen.
What is Business Acumen?
It is an Analytics Professionals who come in the mid-management to high-management in the hierarchy. It means having business knowledge comes as a big requirement for them.
What is the Unstructured Data?
Since most of the data produced day today, in the form of images, tweets comments,, search history, etc. are called Unstructured Data.
Why Learn Data Science?
With the huge amount of data that is being generated and the development in the field of Analytics, Data Science(DS) has become a necessity for companies. To make most out of these data, companies from all domains, be it IT, Finance, Retail, Marketing, or Bank. All are looking for Data Scientists. This has led to a big spike in demand for Data Scientists all over the world. With the type of salary that a company is giving and IBM is declaring it as the job of this century, it is lucrative for many.
Summary of Data Scientist Course Details
As stated earlier, data science is one of the trendiest jobs across the world in terms of future scope and career stability. After the US, India is next to become the analytics hub of the world. In the Ultra-modern world, the tremendous growth of Data scientists is increasing day by day, so grab the above-mentioned course as early as possible.