Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics Course: Business analytics has become the go-to tool for many corporate houses and new-age startups to expand improve and sustain their business models. Ever since the increased usage of data and the advent of Technology in the past two decades has overtaken the world, it only seems obvious that anyone who wants to tap into the potential of data answers wants to use those data in their day-to-day business activities and improve customer service profit margins and employee efficiency.
With the increased usage and generation of data across the world, it is only obvious that business houses and corporate entities want to use this data to learn more about the market trends customer service, and other elements used for improving their businesses. With this thought process in mind, a brand new area in Business Administration has propped up which is known as business analytics where the team uses raw data generated from the market to refine and filter it as per the business revision and goal to help take the proper business in management information systems.
And hence a postgraduate diploma in business analytics or for that matter any course in the field of business analytics has been termed as the Next Big thing after software engineering and most of the top universities in the world such as the Harvard University or stand for University has predicted that the employability of business analytic managers will be twice or authorized than any other field in any industries across the world. With this in mind without much delay letters dig deep into the nuances of the course of the postgraduate diploma in business analytics.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details Streamwise, and Category wise.
- What is Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics?
- Why should you do PGDM in Business Analytics?
- PG Diploma in Business Analytics Admission Procedure
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics(PGDBA) Eligibility Criteria
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics Syllabus
- Subjects in Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics
- Top PGD in Business Analytics Colleges in India
- Top Recruiting Companies for Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics Jobs & Career Options
- FAQ’s on PGD in Business Analytics
A Post Graduate Diploma in Management in business analytics course or PGDM in business analytics is a two-year course offered by many b schools and universities across India which is either approved by the All India Council for Technical Education AICTE or the association of Indian universities. Bhojraj diploma in business analytics is an equivalent to a master’s in Business Administration or MBA degree and the below points will help you summarise the overview of a business analytics postgraduate diploma in management:
- A diploma in management is a 2-year course offered by colleges and universities approved by the All India Council for Technical Education
- The crux of the syllabus and pedagogy of a postgraduate diploma in management and business analytics is the usage of data-driven insights in business decisions and the application of technology that can be used in different organizational set-ups
- A PGDM in Business Analytics is one search unit course that is a combination of science engineering mathematics and arts which in today’s world is extremely necessary to take a comprehensive decision in Business organizations
- PGDM in business analytics as a course is designed to prepare students to become leaders in a new age of startups which is completely data-driven and the business model itself is sustainable
- Students are thought implementing of monitoring and application of big data strategy in day-to-day business activities.
Now that we have a fundamental overview of a poster diploma in management and business analytics let us understand what the course is about in the subsequence sections of this article on PGDM in business analytics in India. However, before we jump into the course syllabus and pedagogy details of PGDM in business analytics letters understand why one should pursue this course?
A PGDM in business analytics is an attractive course that is an amalgamation of the theories of arts, science, and management. The below points should help aspirants understand why they should pursue their career in the field of PGDM in Business Analytics:
- Abundant Job Opportunities: PGDM in Business Analytics is in demand across the spectrum of industries, irrespective of whether it’s a manufacturing industry, service industry, agriculture industry, or a government organization. The need for business decision making based on real-time activity data has already done wonders for many new-age companies such as Uber or Amazon and the future is just taking the cue from the present
- High Return on Investment: The average tuition fee to do a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics in India from any of the top tier B schools in India such as the IIMS, SP Jain’s, etc, will cost approximately Rs. 10 lakhs to Rs. 15 lakhs. Whereas, two years down the lane, after completion of the course, the same student will get placed with a package of Rs. 15 per annum on average. The return on investment in this course will always be more than one and it’s a good investment to make in one’s career.
- Top Recruiting Companies: some of the base companies in the world such as Google Facebook Amazon run their business decisions based on real-time data and the recruiting companies for postgraduate diplomas in business analytics students will be multinational companies with deep pockets and hands a student will easily get placed in big companies after their graduation. Some of the big companies in India that I have a postgraduate diploma in management and business analytic students are Infosys started a consultancy services IBM Godrej Reliance Tata group Flipkart del Technology etc.
- Career Stability: since the whole world is moving towards databased business decisions for the next century business analytics will be the center of all the companies towards sustainability and profitability in hands of a business analytics manager will have a stable career stable growth.
The admission procedure for Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Data Analytics is:
- A student has to give an entrance examination such as CAT, NMAT, XAT, or any other public or private MBA degree entrance tests.
- Upon clearance of the cut off set by colleges of the aspirant’ desire, students shortlisting will be in colleges for subsequent procedures such as group discussion and personal interview
- Upon clearing group discussion and personal interview (conducted by particular colleges, under its sole discretion), a candidate might be offered a seat for a diploma in Business Analytics by the college authorities.
- While the above procedure is the same more or less across the colleges, especially their one and their two colleges, certain their 3 colleges offer direct admission to students and induct them into their course.
- Short Term Courses with High Salary
- Data Scientist Course Details
- 2 Years Post Graduate Diploma in Canada
- A candidate should have an undergraduate degree in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% in the final year of undergraduate.
- The degree certificate should be from a recognized board in India.
- A candidate should have cleared his or her MBA entrance examination with the required cut offset by different universities
- A candidate should have no live backlogs in his or her undergraduate degree
- The course is designed for 2 years with 4 semesters ( 2 semesters for each year)
- Students have to pass examinations each semester
- There will be a compulsory industry internships programs that a student should pursue and score well to get the Diploma certificate
- The entire teaching methodology is a case study based pedagogy
- Basics of Microsoft Excel
- Basics of Tableau and Power BI
- Data interpretation
- Theories of data analytics
- Marketing research
- Marketing management
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain analytics
- Financial Management
- Stochastic modeling
- Data modeling
- Communication theories
- HRM analytics
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- SP Jain Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai,
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Weligkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Amity University
The following industries are the top recruiting ones looking to hire business analytics managers
- Pharmaceutical Industries such as Aurobindo, Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson, Divis Laboratories, etc.
- Information Technology industry Infosys, Amazon, TCS, Accenture, etc.
- Automobile industries such as Hyundai, Honda, Tesla, Toyota, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, etc.
- Online and offline retail Industries such as Amazon Retail, Flipkart, Walmart, Seven Eleven, Target, Ratnadeep, etc.
A student after his or graduation from a post-graduate diploma in business analytics course will end up in the following positions through either on-campus placements or off-campus placements. Check different courses after MBA.
- Portfolio Manager
- Corporate Strategist
- Business analytics team lead
- Marketing and Business development manager
- Manager- MIS (Management Information System)
- Management trainee- Finance
- Management trainee- Business Development
- Management trainee- Analytics and strategy
- Service and product portfolio manager
- Data consultant
- Business Analyst
1. What is the average fee to do Post Graduate Diploma in business analytics Online?
The average tuition fee to pursue a Postgraduate Diploma Course in Business Analytics is anywhere between INR 6 lakh or INR 10 lakh at any of the top MBA institutes in the country such as the IIMs.
2. Which is the top B School in India to pursue a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Analytics?
Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta is considered the top college in the country to pursue a PGDM course in. business analytics.
3. What is the average placement pay package for Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics?
The average pay package in B schools such as IIMs for a PGDM in Business Analytics varies from Rs. 12 lakh per annum to Rs. 40 lakh per annum. However, the average salary in tier 2 or tier 3 B schools varies from Rs. 6 lakhs per annum to 15 lakhs per annum.
4. What is the difference between PGDM in Business Analytics and regular PGDM?
The main difference between PGDM in Business Analytics course and regular PGDM is the type of subjects thought to students. The course for PGDM in business analytics is designed such that the entire course revolves around data interpretation, data-driven business decisions, and data refining and analysis while the regular PGDM course is mainly for general management theories.