Physiotherapy Courses After 12th: BPT or Bachelor of Physiotherapy is four years and six months long undergraduate Degree course. Physiotherapy is commonly called as Physical Therapy Trai ing and is an extensive work that ranges from outpatient clinics to education and specializations in a doctoral degree. In this article, you will be gaining knowledge of the necessary details regarding the field of BPT.
- Physiotherapy Courses Details
- Physiotherapy Courses Eligibility Criteria
- Physiotherapy Courses Admission Process
- Physiotherapy Entrance Exams
- Physiotherapy Courses Syllabus
- Physiotherapy (BPT) Colleges In India
- Physiotherapy Job and Career Opportunities
- What are the eligibility requirements to pursue Physiotherapy courses?
- What are the requirements to apply for Physiotherapy-related Job vacancies?
- What are the facilities a Physiotherapy course graduates wok?
- What is the salary package offered for those graduating from Physiotherapy courses?
What is Physiotherapy or BPT?
BPT, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, is the science of physical movement. It aims to prevent disability and diseases—the WHO recognizes the BPT course as a global branch od medical care and medicine. Bachelor of Physiotherapy deals with treatments for various disorders through physical exercises, agents, or activities.
The stream also deals with the treatment of proper utilization, the practice of heat therapies, electrical stimulators, ultrasonic, massagers, and microwave, and movement dysfunction.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a four-year-long undergraduate course with a compulsory six-month internship program. After completion, graduates can practice physical training as a qualified practitioner or pursue a Doctor of Physiotherapy or DPT degree. Physiotherapy Course Duration is 2 years.
The BPT course offers training and helps graduates acquire techniques and skills necessary for physical training treatments. Graduates require specific techniques and skills such as electrotherapy, physical therapy, exercise therapy, and handling of physical conditions and surgical for rehabilitation.
Candidates are deemed eligible after successful completion of class 12 to apply for a Bachelor’s Degree in any reputed college or university. However, the university/college has to be an Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP) recognized institution.
BPT courses have no Entrance exams. However, there are individual institutions that conduct institution-specific entrance examinations.
The applicants must have secured a minimum of 50 percent aggregate marks in their class 12 examinations. The candidate should have taken the Science stream with Biology as one of their subjects from any recognized board or institution.
The candidates will be allotted the courses according to the marks and merit lists, and some institutions might ask for the candidate’s domicile certificate. Get the eligibility for Diploma in Physiotherapy Course.
In India, the admission process is eligible to those candidates who secure the merit list based marks based on their scoring performance in a relevant institute-specific entrance examination.
- The admission process for any BPT course comprises of two additional rounds- a private interview, and a conference, held for the assessment of the applicant’s general aptitude for the stated BPT course.
- The candidates must visit the administrator website of the concerned institution-specific examination and fill the online application. Upon completion, the candidate must take a hard copy (print out) of the application form. Along with the hard copy, the candidates must carry the necessary documents. The candidates need to submit a Demand Draft with the required BPT course amount to the relevant exam body.
- For Offline application forms, the applicants are requested to get the brochure for the specific BPT course from the designated centers or the exam conducted institutions and may complete their Admission formality.
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy BPT conducts no specific All India Entrance Exam. Institutions like AIIMS and NEET do not undertake any entrance exams for Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) course admissions.
- Paramedical Courses
- BMS Course Details
- Occupational Therapy Courses
- How to become a Physiotherapist in India?
- Medical Courses Other than MBBS
- IPU CET 2020: The candidates must belong to age between 18 to 21 years, and the student should have completed their 10+2 Board Exam or equivalent.
- BCECE 2021: The candidates must have passed their 10+2 Board Exam with 50% percent aggregate in the subjects- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. They must belong at least to the age of 17 years.
- IEMJEE 2020: The candidates should belong to the ages between17 to 25 years. The IMEJEE exam requires a mandatory Domicile certificate for the Jaipur and Kolkata candidates. They must have secured 60 percent aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and must have secured 30 percent marks in English in their 10+2 Board exam or equivalent.
- VEE 2020:The candidates must have passed the class 10+2 board exam. They must have studied Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics as their core subjects in 10+2 class.
- LPUNEST 2020: The Candidates must have passed the 10+2 Board Exam. The candidates must have obtained 60 percent aggregate in Board exam or equivalent.
To get a better idea about the various BPT course structure, the below-mentioned are the syllabus and general course content. The BPT course is for a total of four years with a break-wise two semesters each year. Below are the subjects of the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) six-semester program.
Given below are the semester-wise Physiotherapy Course Subjects.
- Semester I: Anatomy, Biochemistry, English, Basic Nursing, and Physiology.
- Semester II: Psychology, Orientation to Physiotherapy, Integrated Seminars, Biomechanics, and Sociology.
- Semester III: Pharmacology, Pathology, First Aid and CPR, Constitution of India, and Microbiology.
- Semester IV: Clinical Observation Posting, Electrotherapy, Introduction to Treatment, Excercise therapy, and Research Methodology and Biostatistics.
- Semester V: Orthopedics and Traumatology, General Surgery, and General Medicine.
- Semester VI: Allied Therapies, Orthopedics, and Sports Physiotherapy, and Supervised Rotatory Clinical Training.
The final Year of the BPT course program includes Physiotherapy in Respiratory disorders, Neurology, Physiotherapy in Cardio diseases, Medical ethics, and Neurosurgery.
Given below are the top 15 popular BPT colleges in India:
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Sri Ramachandra Institute for Higher Education and Research, Chennai
- Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMES), Rohtak
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College (LTMMC), Mumbai
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (IPGMER), Kolkata
- Government Medical College (GMC), Nagpur
- Topiwala National Medical College (TNMC), Mumbai
- Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
- Manipal University (MU), Manipal
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Baba Farid University of Health Science, Faridkot
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Science and Research (HIMSR), New Delhi
- Maharashtra University of Health Science (MUHS), Nashik
- Maharajah’s Institute of Medical Science, Vizianagaram
- Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur, Kerala
There are a lot of medical colleges in India that provide Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). However, the above-mentioned popular colleges are the most in-demand as well as provide good quality education along with good placement offerings.
Learn about more types of course details organized streamwise and category wise.
Those graduates who complete their course in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy program successfully find lucrative employment opportunities. The graduates have options of pursuing private practice or work opportunities in both government and private sectors.
Here are a few popular professions that are open for graduates, along with their salary package:
- Physiotherapist: offers a salary package of INR 2 to 7 Lakhs
- Lecturer: offers a salary package of INR 5 to 6 Lakhs
- Therapy Manager: provides a salary package of INR 3 to 6 Lakhs
- Self Employed Private Physiotherapist: offers a salary package of INR 3 to 6 Lakhs
- Defence Medical Establishments: INR 6 to 10 Lakhs
- Sports Physio Rehabilitator: offers a salary package of INR 5 to 7 Lakhs
- Osteopath: offers a salary package of INR 2.5 to 5 Lakhs
- Consultant: offers a salary package of INR 2 to 5 Lakhs
- Researcher: offers a salary package of INR 3 to 7 Lakhs
Here are a few well-known places, a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) graduate can work after completing the course program:
- Sports teams/Franchises
- Government hospitals
- Rehabilitation clinics
- Private Hospitals/Clinics
- Gyms/Fitness Centres
FAQ’s On Physiotherapy Courses
Aspirants can apply after the completion of 12th standard for a Bachelor’s Degree in any reputed college or university. However, the university/college has to be an Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP) recognized institution.
A fresh graduate can work as a Physiotherapist, Therapy Manager, Osteopath, Defence Medical Establishments, Researcher, Lecturer, Sports Physio Rehabilitator, Self Employed Private Physiotherapist, and Consultant.
A fresh graduate can work for Sports teams/Franchises, Rehabilitation clinics, NGOs, Government hospitals, Gyms/Fitness Centres, and Private Hospitals/Clinics.
The average salary package for a BPT course graduate falls up to INR 5.5 lakh per annum. However, this package may increase with skills and experience in the field.