IGNOU Medical Courses: If you want to pursue a medical degree and do not want to visit college then IGNOU is there to solve all your problems. IGNOU is a top distance learning university. The course related to graduate, postgraduate, diploma certificate courses from a to z everything is available in IGNOU.
Medicine is the fastest-growing career and choosing to build your future in the same is a great opportunity. If you are preparing for any exam or working with some company then choosing a distance learning program is a great choice. There are proper exams conducted and the proper admission process is to be followed to get admission here.
If you want to get admission into IGNOU and know more about its medical courses list then you are at the right place. You can easily review the below article to get complete information on IGNOU Courses in Medical field.
- About IGNOU Medical Courses
- List of IGNOU Courses in Medical Field in India
- IGNOU Online Medical Courses Eligibility
- IGNOU Medical Courses List with Fee Structure & Duration
- Admission Process for IGNOU Courses in Medical Field
- IGNOU Offering Study Centers for Medical Courses
- Salary for IGNOU Certified Courses Holders
- Career Aspects After IGNOU Paramedical Courses
- Top Recruiters After IGNOU Medical Courses 2022
- FAQ’s on IGNOU Alternative Medical Courses
Colleges do not offer Medical Courses degrees from distance learning. But if you are not able to study medical courses on a regular basis then IGNOU is your friend. The university will provide you with various top medical courses. You can pursue degree courses also at a minimal cost. The IGNOU provides medical courses in areas of Medicine, Surgery, Nursing, Dentistry, Allied Health Sciences, AYUSH, etc.
The university give worth education to its students. The course is a great opportunity for those who are living in remote areas. The university offers amazing medical courses in collaboration with professional Councils, Ministries, and governmental and non-governmental organizations of National & International repute.
The medical courses are available in the domain of certificate, diploma, PG Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, and doctoral degree. Not only for distance learning but the doctoral program is available for regular students also.
The medical courses in the IGNOU are offered by the School of Health Sciences (SOHS). You can have a look over the detailed course list structure for medical courses.
PG and Advance Diploma
- Post-Graduate Diploma in HIV Medicine (PGDHIVM)
- PG Diploma Course in Maternal and Child Health (PGDMCH )
- PG Diploma in Geriatric Medicine (PGDGM)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Endodontics (PGCE)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Oral Implantology (PGCOI)
- PG Diploma Course in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM)
- BSc Nursing (Post Basic)
- Bachelors in Science (Honors) in Optometry & Ophthalmic Techniques (BSCHOT)
- Diploma in Nursing Administration (DNA)
- Diploma in Critical Care Nursing (DCCN)
- Certificate in First Aid (CFAID)
- Certificate in Community Health (BPCCHN)
- Certificate course in Maternal and Child Health Nursing (CMCHN)
- Certificate in Newborn & Infant Nursing (CNIN)
- Certificate in Home Based Health Care (CHBHC)
- Certificate in Health Care Waste Management (CHCWM)
- Certificate in General Duty Assistance (CGDA)
- Certificate in Phlebotomy Assistance (CPHA)
- Certificate in Home Health Assistance (CHHA)
- Certificate in Geriatric Care Assistance (CGCA)
- Certificate Programme in YOGA (CPY)
- Post Graduate Certification Course in Medical Management of CBRNE Disasters (PGCMDM)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PHDNS)
- Post Doctoral Certificate in Dialysis Medicine (PDCDM)
IGNOU Online Medical Courses Eligibility
The eligibility criteria vary for all the course admission. As for Bachelor’s degree, you must clear class 12th but for a diploma, you can go after class 10th too. You can check the detailed eligibility for the courses.
The basic eligibility for a bachelor’s is that you must clear class 12 and hold at least 3 years of diploma in nursing. Also, you must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in the nursing profession.
Even for the Diploma courses either you have studied any course-related related to nursing from a recognized university, or you must be a continuing practitioner to be eligible for the same.
PG and Advance Diploma
For a PG Diploma the minimum qualification is that you hold a bachelor’s degree in medicine such as MBBS. But for the PG Medical Management Diploma courses, you must hold at least an MBA degree, diploma in finance, or any other domain related to management. You must also have at least a minimum experience of 5 years.
Some certificate courses may admit you on the basis of class 10th and 12th. But you must hold a nursing diploma certificate or some equivalent degree.
For a Doctoral degree, you must have completed a master’s in any prerequisite domain in order to be eligible for Ph.D. However, you can also be a practitioner to make your chances for admission.
IGNOU does not charge too much money from the students. The fees are minimal so that every student is able to gain an education. It is observed that within Rs 10,000 you can easily attain a high-profile degree that provides you a job with a sound salary. The detailed course fee according to the courses is
|PG and Advance Diploma
|IGNOU Medical Course Fees
|IGNOU Course in Medical Field Duration
|Post-Graduate Diploma in HIV Medicine (PGDHIVM)
|Post-Graduate Course: Diploma in Hospital and Health Management (PGDHHM)
|Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Maternal and Child Health (PGDMCH )
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Geriatric Medicine (PGDGM)
|BSc Nursing (Post Basic) (BScN(PB))
|Diploma in Nursing Administration (DNA)
|Diploma in Critical Care Nursing (DCCN)
|Certification Course in Maternal and Child Health Nursing (CMCHN)
|Certificate in Newborn & Infant Nursing (CNIN)
|Certificate in Home Based Health Care (CHBHC)
|Certificate in Health Care Waste Management (CHCWM)
|Doctor of Philosophy course in Nursing (PHDNS)
|Post Doctoral Certificate in Dialysis Medicine (PDCDM)
There is an adequate process to get admission into the IGNOU. You can look after the following step to get admission into the IGNOU. Admission to various medical programs can be done on a merit basis.
- Visit the official website for the IGNOU.
- First you must choose the course in which you want to take admission.
- Fill out the application form and submit all your correct details.
- Then pay the fees.
- Boom your application is submitted
Few documents which you need to keep hands-on with are:
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Your degree mark-sheet such as bachelors, masters, and others.
- Experience Certificate (if any)
Numerous study centers that are offered by IGNOU for the convenience of the students. Some of them are mentioned here:
- AKSHAY PRATISHTHAN, VASANT KUNJ
- AL AMEEN EDNL & WELFARE TRUST,(NORTH INDIA)
- AMITY INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION, AMITY CAMPUS
- ASSO. FOR WELFARE HANDICAPPED
- AYJNIHH, NRC KASTURBA NIKETAN, LAJPAT NAGAR- II
- Batra Hospital & Medical Research Center
More Related Articles
After the completion of IGNOU medical courses you can earn a good amount of salary. The average salary for medical students ranges from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 11 lakh per annum. There are a lot of companies who are ready to hire you for some high-profile jobs too.
Career Aspects After IGNOU Paramedical Courses
You can do whatever you want in life after the completion of medical courses from IGNOU. At IGNOU students are appreciated everywhere in the world. You are also eligible to apply for both government and private sectors. Some top positions which are waiting for you after the completion of your course are
- Dental Clinics
- Hospital manager
- Work in a nursing home
- Child Health Advisor
- Assistant to doctors
- Yoga Trainer
All these jobs completely depend on which type of genre you have chosen.
Even if you are studying from a distance course offered by a university, do not think that you cannot get the placement. IGNOU is one of the best institutes when it comes to offering placement to students. Companies such as the following recruit students at IGNOU.
- Dalmia BIZ Bestprice Retail Pvt. Ltd.
- Aegis Ltd.
- Reliance Life Insurance
- Radical Minds Technologies
- Aegon Life Insurance
- Aegis Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Aviva India
- Radical Minds
- Thumsmatic Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
1. Are IGNOU courses accepted all over India and Abroad?
Yes, IGNOU is a reputed university and it has an affiliation with UGC. However, the degree is valid and recognized all over India as well as outside India. Even the DEC and AICTE have recognized IGNOU.
2. Does IGNOU offer a doctoral degree in medical courses?
Yes, there are 2 courses available at IGNOU which provide a Ph.D. degree in Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PHDNS) and Post Doctoral Certificate in Dialysis Medicine (PDCDM) and have a duration of 1 year 2 years respectively.
3. What is the eligibility for Bachelors in Medical Courses from IGNOU?
Ans. For BSc Nursing (Post Basic) (BScN(PB)), The eligibility is that you must clear class 12 and hold at least 3 years of diploma in nursing. Also, you must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in the nursing profession.
4. Can I pursue MBBS from IGNOU?
Ans. IGNOU has recently launched various diploma courses for MBBS graduates. But MBBS requires a lot of practical training which can only be done while attending regular classes.
As we have included the latest details on IGNOU Medical courses, for more details on medicines courses you can visit our official website Ncertbooks.guru. Thus, if you are willing to study at IGNOU go for it as it’s a great opportunity. Also, do not hesitate in asking any doubts in the comment section below.