Check out the details regarding IGNOU B.Tech Course Details like Exam Date, Syllabus, and Fee. If you are searching for IGNOU distance BTech course details 2020 then you are in the right place. Here we are providing detailed information about the distance B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) program in IGNOU.
B. Tech is one of the most popular and widely pursued degrees in India and B.Tech from IGNOU is the best choice for a student who wants to pursue an engineering degree through distance mode. It is a 4-year undergraduate (8 semesters of 6 months each) professional degree course for students who have an interest in machinery and technology.
- Overview of IGNOU B.Tech Course
- B.Tech Distance Education from IGNOU
- B.Tech Syllabus Structure
- How to Get Admission and IGNOU Study Materials?
- IGNOU B.Tech Registration Form
- IGNOU B.Tech Course Fee Structure
- Eligibility for the IGNOU B.Tech Course
- Courses after B.Tech from IGNOU
- Where do I get IGNOU B.Tech Course Related Information?
- What is the Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU B.Tech?
- What is the IGNOU B.Tech Syllabus?
IGNOU B.Tech Course – Admission, Exam Date, Fee & Syllabus
B. Tech that is Bachelor of Technology is considered as one of the most highly ranked professional programs in India and most students with a science background in their Higher Secondary wish to go for this course. Students who are going for B.Tech from IGNOU need to study subjects like Calculus, Energy factors, Electricity mechanism, Chemistry, Physics, Software Technologies and much more. This is a regular degree course but students who are practicing another course or individuals engaged in a job can’t pursue it.
As stated above, IGNOU that is Indira Gandhi National Open University could be an option for those individuals. Open Universities provide learning facilities to individuals through various means other than regular academic sessions, and IGNOU is among the topmost Universities of India which offers various UG and PG programs. Hence B.Tech from IGNOU could prove to be a good decision for those who want to build their careers in the engineering field.
|Course||IGNOU B.Tech Course|
|Eligibility & Qualification||10+2 with science subjects or its equivalent qualification.|
|Medium of Instruction||English & Hindi|
|Duration||Minimum 4 years and Maximum 8 years; offered in both January & July cycle of admissions.|
|Fee Structure||Rs. 200,00/- for full program|
|Admission Starts from||January and July of every year|
|Admissions Last Date||For January Admissions – 31st December For July Admissions – 30th June|
|B.Tech Exam Date||Click Here|
There are certain conditions which have to be satisfied in order to pursue B.Tech from IGNOU:
- The candidate should have cleared XII with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (Required in case of Computer Science B.Tech) or must have completed a 3-year diploma course from an approved and accredited Polytechnic University. The required field in which the applicant must have completed the course may vary depending upon the specialization chosen (like civil, mechanical, construction management, etc.). The field for diploma might be:
- There are different requirements of each specialization (IGNOU B.Tech), hence one must visit the official website in order to clarify the details.
- There is no such age bar in order to pursue the course (neither maximum nor minimum)
- Other details regarding the program are as follows:
- The medium available for instruction is English
- The duration of the course is four years (maximum time which one can take varies from 6 to 10 years depending upon the specialization opted. Like one wants to pursue IGNOU B.Tech Course – Computer Science, and other wants to pursue it in Construction Management then the maximum duration will vary among them)
The syllabus varies for B.Tech depending upon the specialization opted. Here are some topics mentioned stated which one studies in different specializations:
- Computer Application
- Building Architecture
- Principles of Electronic Science
- Structural Analysis of Materials
- Communication Skills
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Network Theory
- High Voltage Engineering
There are many more topics that are covered in all the eight semesters.
The aspirant can apply for the course in any of the two admission cycles that are in January or July. The authority for this degree or program comes under the School of Engineering and Technology that is SOET (IGNOU). The aspirant can apply through both online that is on the official website http://www.ignou.ac.in and offline mode for admission that is by collecting the form from any regional center of IGNOU. Thus, the procedure for admission is a simple walk-in process.
IGNOU B.TECH Registration Form – IGNOU Registration is open for IGNOU Courses till the date mention below, To get Registration Collect IGNOU Registration Form from nearer Regional center and fill up the registration form and submit to your nearer Regional Center.
July 2020 Session
January 2020 Session
For all Certificate Programmes and BPP
31st May (without late fee)
15th June (with late fee of Rs.200/-)
30th November, (without late fee)
15th December, (with late fee of Rs.200/-)
For all other Diploma-PG Diploma, Degree-Master Degree Programmes
29th July (without late fee)
31st August (with late fee of Rs.200/-)
30th November, (without late fee)
31st December, (with late fee of Rs.200/-)
The fee to take admission in Indira Gandhi National Open University for an undergraduate program in technology is Rs.200000 ( may little vary depending upon the specialization opted like fees for ) for the whole course.
IGNOU B.Tech Course: The candidates in order to get admissions in the concerned course program of IGNOU should have the following educational qualifications:
i) Intermediate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from any recognized Central or State Boards of India
ii)Diploma of a three-years duration from either of the following subjects- Mechanical, Electrical, Agriculture, Computer, Civil, Electronics, etc. from any recognized technical or polytechnic or anything equivalent thereto
iii) Advanced Diploma in Computer Integrated Manufacturing (ADCIM) or Diploma in Computer Integrated Engineering (DCIM)
Candidates seeking admissions in the distance modes of education should be employed in any central or state level organizations or self-employed or working in any other capacity.
The maximum duration for the completion of the course is 8 years for all the candidates. The main aim of the course is to build skills and professional knowledge in the students on Mechanical/ Production/ Automobiles Engineering respectively.
Overall you are having two options in front of you after the completion of this program. The first one is that you can continue further studies, and the other is you can start your own business or can find a job. There are numerous options available, and it depends totally on you that you want to earn or want to learn more about much better career prospects. Distance B.Tech from IGNOU helps in enhancing your qualification with side by side increment in knowledge for another field, or if one is working then, experience also counts.
FAQs on IGNOU B.Tech Course
You can get IGNOU B.Tech Course Related Information on our page.
You can check out the Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU B.Tech provided in detail above. Refer to it before applying for the Admission.
IGNOU B.Tech Syllabus varies depending on the specialization opted and you can check for it on our page.
Hope you like this article IIGNOU B.Tech Course Details. We believe it is helpful for you in checking out the details regarding the B.Tech Course details, how to get admission into b.tech, ignou b.tech registration form dates, syllabus structure, fee structure, disciplines available in IGNOU b.tech, eligibility criteria for the course.