Food and Nutrition Diploma Course: Food and nutrition is essential for the daily functions of our body and it is of utmost importance that we take care of our daily nutrition. The food will take on a daily basis add the nutrition that our body gets shown on our skin and our overall health and well-being. In the following article, we will discuss the food and nutrition diploma course.
We’ll see the Diploma in Food and Nutrition Course Details such as eligibility criteria, admission process, best books to study for knowledge, top colleges, syllabus, fee structure, job opportunities, salary, and top recruiters throughout the article.
- Diploma in Food and Nutrition Course Details
- Diploma in Food and Nutrition Courses Eligibility
- Top Diploma in Nutrition and Food Colleges
- Food and Nutrition Diploma Course Admission Process
- Food and Nutrition Diploma Course Fee Structure
- Diploma Course in Food and Nutrition Syllabus
- Diploma Food and Nutrition- Best Books
- Job Options for Diploma Holders in Food and Nutrition
- Top Recruiters for Food and Nutrition Experts
- Food and Nutrition Salary
- FAQs on Food and Nutrition Diploma Course
There has been a rise in the number of admissions to food and nutrition diploma courses due to the increase in the demand for trained nutritionists, dieticians, etc who can guide people regarding their food and eating habits. A food in nutrition diploma gives the students an opportunity to learn about the basics of food and nutrition. This also helps them to become more aware individuals regarding health and well-being.
After completion of this Food and Nutrition Diploma Course, the student can go for various job profiles such as nutrition manager sales consultant technician catering manager quality control manager the students can also go for higher studies.
The minimum educational requirement for a student to be able to get admission in our food and nutrition diploma courses is that they must have passed their 10 + 2 examinations from a recognized Board in the science stream. The student must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in their class 12 board examinations. The minimum marks required for reserved category students is somewhere around 45%.
The list of Food and Nutrition Diploma Colleges are mentioned here.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- Nalanda Open University Patna
- RKG Education College Lucknow
- Maulana Azad University, Jodhpur
- Sri Durga Malleswara Siddhartha Mahila Kalasala, Vijayawada
Admission to various institutions for a diploma in food and nutrition is mostly done on the basis of the class 12th merit of the student. Some colleges also conduct entrance examinations to admit students.
How to Get Admitted to One of the Top Colleges for Food and Nutrition Diploma?
- Visit the college website and fill out the application form.
- Colleges will prepare a merit list based on your 12th-grade marks.
- Few colleges conduct examinations, for that you have to get the admit card.
- Qualified students in the exam are called for the document verification and counselling process.
- Pay the application fee and exam fee to get admission for a diploma in food & nutrition course.
The average fee for a food and nutrition diploma course after 12th is around INR 15,000. The exact fee depends upon the college. However, mostly the fee is less than INR 30,000 for the entire course.
Food and Nutrition Diploma Course subjects are different for different colleges. The general subjects list is included here.
- Food selection and meal planning
- Principles of nutrition and health
- Caribbean foodways and food systems
- Food preparation and its service: methods and principles
- Food preparation and its service: commercial and large quantity
- Food science and technology
For a better understanding of the subject matter, students must go through books from good authors. Following is a list of the best books that the students can refer to during their diploma food and nutrition course along with their author names:
- Nutrition and dietetics – by Shubhangi Joshi
- Food science and nutrition – by Sunetra Roday
- Principles of therapeutic nutrition and dietetics – by Dr. Avantika Sharma
- Fundamentals of food nutrition and diet therapy – by Sumathi R.
There are multiple job options that are available for diploma holders in food and nutrition. Let us look at the top job profiles for a candidate holding a diploma degree in food and nutrition:
- Quality control manager
- Sales consultant
- Nutrition manager
- Catering manager
- Foodservice supervisor
- Diet technician
- Marketing consultant
There is a high demand for trained professionals who can help people build better diets eat healthier foods and manage their nutrition. Following are the top places where food and nutrition experts are recruited:
- Community centres
- Various hotels
- colleges and universities
- Clinics and healthcare centres
- Ayurveda centres
- catering companies new lines schools
- Long term health care homes
- Food and service department of hospitals
- Taj group of hotels
- Radisson hotel
- Dave guard resort
- Old world hospitality private limited
- Barista coffee corporation
- The grand intercontinental
- Nirulas corner house private limited
- The Trident, and many more.
The average salary of a candidate working freshly after completing the diploma in food and nutrition is somewhere between INR 1.5 lakh per annum to INR 5 lakh per annum. Upon increased experience, the salary of the individual can increase up to INR 10 to 12 lakh per annum.
1. What can I do after completing the food and nutrition diploma course?
There is a lot of scope in the food and nutrition industry. After completing a diploma in food and nutrition course, the candidate can go for working in the healthcare field as a dietitian, nutritionist, etc or pursue higher studies like PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Course.
2. What is the average salary that is provided in various job profiles to the students have a diploma degree in food and nutrition?
The average salary for food and nutrition professionals with diploma course is around 2,00,000 per annum to INR 5,00,000 per annum. Upon experience, the salary of the candidate increases up to INR 10,00,000 per annum.
3. Can I pursue a diploma in food and nutrition after class 10th?
No, the minimum eligibility criteria to pursue a diploma in food and nutrition courses are that the student must have cleared their class 12th examination and that too in the science stream.
We hope that we were able to clear all your doubts regarding the food and nutrition diploma courses by providing you with the necessary details. Visit NCERTBooks.guru website to know other courses details.