Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education 2022: Nowadays people are more conscious about their health and everyone is interested to follow a nutritious diet. In this article, we are going to discuss all the details of this diploma course. This diploma course is an under graduation course. By doing this course you can explain to people and create awareness on principles and concepts in nutrition and health education.
This course helps you to learn the skills and knowledge in public health and nutrition. After completing this diploma course we have many job opportunities. In this blog, you will see all the details about this diploma course like eligibility, duration, fees, salary, colleges, and many more. By scrolling down the page you can know more.
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education – Overview
- Eligibility Criteria of Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education
- Top Entrance Exams for Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education
- Admission Process for Diploma course for Nutrition and Health Education 2022
- Document Required for the Admission of Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education
- Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Top Colleges for the Nutrition and Health Education Diploma
- Syllabus for Diploma Nutrition and Health Education After 10th
- Fee Structure for Nutrition and Health Education Diploma in India
- Recommended Books For this Nutrition and Health Education Diploma
- Career Options for Nutrition and Health Education Diploma Course
- Salary For Nutrition and Health Education Job
- FAQs of Nutrition and Health Education Diploma
|Course Level||Diploma or Certificate Course|
|Full-Form||Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education|
|Course Fee||5,000 INR to 2 Lakhs INR|
|Examination type||Semester Type|
|Admission Process||Merit-based or Respective College Entrance Exam|
|Average Salary||2.5 Lakhs PA to 6.5 Lakhs PA|
|Job Positions||Dietician, Process Development Officer, Nutritional Advisor, Food Scientist, Pharmacy assistant, Weight-loss Advisor,|
People who are interested to join this course need to know the eligibility criteria, before applying for any college for admission.
- Candidates should complete 10 +2 or standard equivalent from a recognized board of education.
- Some colleges have eligibility to join this course after the 10th.
You can also refer to our other article related to Nutrition i.e. Nutrition and Dietetics Course and get complete information.
If you want to get admission to some diploma colleges you need to clear the entrance exam. Some colleges accept the national-level entrance exams and some colleges conduct their state-level entrance exams. Some of the most popular entrance exams are given below.
- JEE Advanced
All colleges will not have the same process for admission. It is different from college to college. And in some colleges we have merit-based and some colleges have entrance exam-based. Below we will see both the process one by one.
Direct Admission Process:
Let us look into the process step by step.
- First, you need to register yourself from the university’s official website.
- Then, you need to fill out the application form.
- You need to provide them with the email address and contact details for verification.
- Next, you need to submit the documents that are needed.
- Then you need to pay the application fee from the digital payments.
- Finally, submit the application form.
Entrance Exam Registration Process:
We will look into the process step by step.
- First, you need to register for the entrance exam.
- After that, you need to fill out the application form and submit the documents that are required.
- Then, you need to pay the application form fee.
- You need to download the admit card and print out the admit card for the exam.
- Then write the exam and you need to get the cutoff marks that were announced by the college.
- Qualified candidates need to apply for the admission process.
- And you need to go for the counseling process and you need to submit the documents required and select the stream you need.
Here is the documents list that is needed to submit while you went for counseling for this diploma course.
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Transfer Certificate.
- Mark sheet and pass certificate of classes 10 and 12.
- Provisional certificate
- Residential proof or certificate
- Character certificate
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Caste certificates
- Proof of disability (if any)
- Migration Certificate
Here, we will look into the tips to prepare for the entrance exams for college admission.
- First, you need to check the syllabus and make a timetable accordingly.
- Make sure that you should be more clear on the basics so that you will not face any difficulty.
- Make a note of important questions and points from each chapter.
- So that you can revise the notes when you are in a hurry.
Here is the list of top colleges that they are offering DNHE. Some of them are given below.
- Government Raza Post Graduate College
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University
- Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University
- Imperial College of Professional Studies
Look into the syllabus that was offered by many universities and colleges. This course is a 1-year course and the syllabus is divided into two parts. Go through the Nutrition and Health Education Diploma Subjects Semesterwise and be well versed with the syllabus and plan your preparation accordingly.
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Nutrition for the community||Public Health and Hygiene|
|Basic concepts of Nutrition||Personal Hygiene|
|Planning Balanced Diets||Environmental Sanitation and Safety|
|Nutrition Related Disorders||Food Infections and Intoxications|
|Meal Planning for Adults, School Child, infants, Preschoolers, and Adolescents, Pregnant and Lactating Women||Health Indicators|
|Macronutrients – Vitamins and Minerals||Water Supply and Waste Disposal|
|Effective Utilization of Food Resources||Dietary Management of Disease|
|Food Safety and Food Budgeting||Foodborne Disease|
|Maternal Malnutrition||Common Infections and Infectious Diseases|
|–||Methods of communication in Nutrition and Health Education|
- Finding Nutritive Value of Food Stuffs.
- Planning Diets
- Regional Meal Patterns
Fee can be varied from university to university for the diploma course. And for this course, we can join both private and public colleges. The minimum and maximum fee for the government college is 2.6 k to 6.1k. And the average fee for private colleges is from 2k to 25k. The duration of this diploma course will be 1 year.
Below are the given books needed for the students who are pursuing this diploma course. Look into the list of books along with the authors.
- Food Nutrition and Health, Goyal Shashi & Gupta Pooja
- Public Health Nutrition, Judith L. Buttriss, Ailsa A. Welch, John M. Kearney ·
- Food Science, B. Srilakshmi
- Introduction to nutrition and health research, Eunsook T. Koh, Willis L. Owen.
Here is the list of job profiles for the ones who have completed this diploma course.
- Process Development Officer
- Weight-Loss/Gain Advisor
- Nutrition Specialist
Here is the average pay scale for a particular job is given below. Some of the jobs along with the salary is given below.
- Dietician:- INR 5,40,000
- Professor:- INR 9,00,000
- Nutrition specialist:- INR 9,00,000
- Food scientist:- INR 5,40,000
1. What is the Difference between the Dietician and the Nutritionist?
Nutritionist mainly focuses on the meals which are having nutritional values for the patient. And the dietician will focus on the patient health and plan accordingly.
2. Is a diploma in nutrition good?
A diploma in nutrition and health education is useful for students as it allows them in understanding the benefits and advantages of healthy eating.
3. Is nutrition and health education is having a good career?
Yes, nutrition and health education is having a good career these days. And we have many job opportunities for this diploma course.
The complete information that was given in the course of Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education is very useful to you and in this course, we have many job opportunities and you have a good career these days, as everyone is health-conscious. Also, refer to our article on Dietitian Diploma Course to know more about the course.