CA Course Details: Today, the rapidly commercializing world raises the demand for Chartered Accountancy professionals within the public and private organizations. Chartered Accountants are reportedly the highest paid professionals with highly challenging yet exceedingly promising career paths in India. In Us, Certified Public Accountants (CPA) is equivalent to CA in India.
Chartered Accountancy is a promising career option for an individual who wishes to walk down the aisle of accounting and taxation. A qualified CA professional sits in reputed organizations and deals with their account details. Below is the recorded structure course for aspirants to pursue after twelfth or after graduation.
This report covers the overall topics like prospectus, course gradations, particulars on qualification, the confirmation process, fee structure, and vocation possibilities.
- CA Course Details
- CA Course Foundation Stage
- CA Course Intermediate Stage
- CA Course Final Stage
- CA Course Eligibility Criteria
- CA Course Duration
- CA Course Fee Structure
- CA Course Exam Curriculum
- CA Course Foundation Syllabus
- CA Course Intermediate Syllabus
- CA Course Final Syllabus
- Institutes Offering CA Courses
- CA Course Career and Salary Prospects
- How is the CA course beneficial?
- What are the Career prospects in CA?
- How is Chartered Accountant different from Certified Public Accountant?
A Brief on Chartered Accountancy (CA) Course
Chartered Accountant is an international designation granted to accounting professionals across the globe. It is a certification given to qualified individuals to handle content related to business taxation and accounting like maintenance of investment records, filing of tax returns, preparation and review of financial documents and reports, and auditing of business practices and financial statements.
However, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) designed CA course training exams.
Also Read: CPA Course Details
About ICAI – Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
The ICAI is an Indian statutory body that administers and regulates the chartered accountancy course. ICAI issues Standards of auditing and Other technical standards to be observed by all Chartered accountants in India. ICAI monitors and conducts all CA related examinations provided in the course options. It provides online registration facilities and study materials, conducts induction programs to enhance a candidate’s personality development and soft skills.
To deem eligible as a Chartered Accountant, every candidate has to get through the CA examinations conducted by the ICAI. The aspiring candidate must qualify the three stages of the CA exam course to be authenticated as a Chartered Accountant. The three levels of CA Course are:
- Foundation Stage
- Intermediate Stage
- Final Stage
The Foundation Stage holds the Common Proficiency Test (CPT), which is the entry-level exam for CA Course. To clear the first level, the aspiring candidate must have completed 10+2 or any Degree from an accredited institution. The Common Proficiency Test is conducted twice a year- first in May and the second in November.
Candidates will have to qualify the fist entry-level (CPT) to register for the intermediate/the secondary stage. The Intermediate Stage holds the Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC). Candidates can also directly register for this stage examination after Graduation/Post-Grad. Eligible candidates from Commerce must hold a minimum of 55 percent aggregate, and those from other fields must hold a minimum of 60 percent aggregate. The IPCC is conducted twice a year- May and November.
A Candidate reaches the final stage of the examination once he/she qualifies the previous stages of examinations and completes the required training. After completion, the qualified candidate can apply for membership. The Final Stage occurs twice a year in May and November.
See More: CMA Course Details
To deem eligible to proceed with Chartered Accountancy Course, the candidate will have to meet the Eligibility criteria designed by the ICAI. Candidates must have completed 10+12 examinations in any discipline from any accredited institutions with a minimum aggregate. Candidates of Commerce stream must have obtained a minimum of 50 percent aggregate in Class 12 examination. Candidates belonging to other streams must have obtained a minimum of 60 percent aggregate inclusive of Mathematics and a minimum aggregate of 60 percent exclusive of Mathematics in Class 12 examination to be eligible for Common Proficiency Test.
Graduates and Post-Grads who have majored in Auditing, Management, Accounting, Taxation, Business Administration, Mercantile Laws, Management Accounting, Economics, Corporate Laws, or any similar subjects with a minimum aggregate of 55 percent can apply through the Direct Entry Mode. However, Graduates or Post-Grads from other majors require a minimum of 60 percent aggregate to qualify as Chartered Accountants.
The duration for Chartered Accountant Course is different for each stage of examination.
- Foundation Stage: The duration for the Foundation Stage is four months. The total time taken to complete the CA program depends on the aspirant’s dedication and focus. The four-month course duration is calculated from registration until the end of the Course’s foundation stage.
- Intermediate Stage: The duration for the Intermediate Stage is eight months. The course duration is calculated from the registration date until the end of the Intermediate stage of the Course.
- Final Stage: The duration for the Final Stage is a minimum of three years. The course duration is calculated from the date of registration until the end of the Final Stage of the Course and the completion of three-year training.
The approximate Fee Structure for the CA course is different for three stages of CA training.
- Foundation Stage: CA Course Exam Fee payment for Foundation Stage is Rs. 9200.
- Intermediate Stage: CA Course Exam Fee payment for Intermediate Stage is Rs.18000.
- Final Stage: CA Course Exam Fee payment for the Final Stage is Rs 22000.
The exam curriculum is divided between the three stages of the Course.
CA foundation course comprises a total of four subjects. Each paper is graded out of 100 marks, and the candidate must secure a minimum of 40 percent aggregate in the individual paper, and a total of 50 percent aggregate overall. Paper one and paper two comprise subjective-based questions, paper three and paper four comprise objective-based questions with negative marking.
The Common Proficiency Test comprises of the following Syllabus portions:
- Principles And Practice Of Accounting
- Business Laws And Business Correspondence and Recording
- Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, and Statistics
- Business Economics And Business And Commercial Knowledge
The Intermediate Stage comprises of two groups in the IPCC syllabus. Each paper is graded out of 100 marks, and the candidate must secure a minimum of 40 percent aggregate in the individual paper, and a total of 50 percent aggregate overall.
Group 1: The Integrated Professional Competence Course- Group 1 comprises of the following Syllabus portions:
- Corporate Laws and Other Laws
- Cost and Management Accounting
Group 2: The Integrated Professional Competence Course- Group 2 comprises of the following Syllabus portions:
- Advanced accounting
- Auditing and Assurance
- Enterprise Information Systems and Strategic Management
- Financial Management and Economics for Finance
Candidates can appear for anyone of the group, as mentioned above. However, candidates must obtain a minimum of 50 percent equivalent or aggregate in the selected group of choice. Candidates are deemed qualified if it appears in both groups and secures a minimum of 50 percent aggregate in both the groups.
The final syllabus comprises of two groups in the Final Course. Each person’s paper is marked out of a hundred marks. The candidate must secure a minimum of 40 percent aggregate in the individual paper, and a total of 50 percent aggregate in all the groups taken together.
Group 1 – The Final Course
Group 1 comprises of the following Syllabus portions:
- Financial Reporting
- Strategic Financial Management
- Professional Ethics
- Advanced Auditing
- Part A comprises of Company Law while Part B comprises of other Economic Laws
Group 2 – The Final Course
Group 2 comprises of the following Syllabus portions:
- Advanced Management Accounting (Part A) and BPR (Part B)
- Financial Services And Capital Markets
- Advanced Direct Tax Laws And International Taxation
- Advanced Indirect Tax Laws
- Vidhya Sagar Institute Limited, Jaipur
- Northern India Regional Council of ICAI, New Delhi
- Aldine CA, Rajasthan
- Nahata Professional Academy, Indore
- J. K. Shah Classes, Mumbai
- Yeshas Academy, Bengaluru
- Academy of Commerce, New Delhi
- Chanakya Academy for Management and Professional Studies (CHAMPS), Hyderabad
- Agrawal Classes, Pune
- Aldine CA, Delhi
- Career Prospectus: Chartered Accountancy holds a significant demand within legal firms, finance companies, stockbroking firms, auditing firms, banks, etc.
- Salary: The average salary for a fresher CA professional after completing the Course fluctuates between ₹4 Lakhs to ₹6 Lakhs per annum. However, a CA professional’s salary depends on the industry and the city where the person employs.
FAQ’s on CA Course Details
CA offers flattering offerings in Business analysis and uses knowledge to decode complex information required for business growth, thus, enhancing one’s ability. Chartered Accountants are reportedly the highest paid professionals with highly challenging yet exceedingly promising career paths in India. The average salary for a fresher CA professional after completing the Course fluctuates between ₹4 Lakhs to ₹6 Lakhs per annum.
Chartered Accountancy holds a significant demand within legal firms, finance companies, stockbroking firms, auditing firms, banks, etc.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Chartered Accountant (CA) hold the credentials through which candidates earn through defined study and the qualification through an examination. However, CA credential is run and identified international while, CPA credential is purely issued withinside the U.S.
We hope that the information mentioned above regarding the CA Course Details has helped improve your understanding of the subject with in-depth knowledge.