BA English Hons Course 2022: BA English Hons is an undergraduate degree of 3-years for candidates who want to pursue their career as an in hospitality, journalism, publishing, and many more related industries. With the course, the candidate learns about the development of the English language into the modern era through poetry, novel, drama, etc. This course is provided by almost all major institutes, universities and colleges across the globe.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise.
- BA English Hons Course Overview
- BA English Hons Course Fee Structure
- BA English Hons Course Eligibility Criteria
- BA English Hons Course Benefits/ Scope Of Work
- Top Colleges Offering BA English Hons Course
- BA English Hons Course Admission Process
- BA English Hons Syllabus PDF
- BA English Hons Course Career and Job Opportunities
- Salary After BA English (Hons)
- What are the subjects in BA English (Hons) Course?
- What is the difference between the BA English course and BA English Hons?
- Which is the best college in India for BA English Hons?
An undergraduate degree mainly focusing on the English language enhances the skill of the students who wish to work in diverse fields where English is considered as a strong pursuit. The desirable candidate can learn BA Hons via online learning, distance education, and regular. After completing this course successfully with good marks, the candidate can open various career options to do the job in publishing houses, media & advertising and many more agencies with a higher pay scale.
The average course fee for the BA English Hons course is INR 8000- INR 1.3 lakhs annually. However, the fee can vary from institute to university.
To pursue this course, a candidate needs to accomplish the following eligibility criteria:
- He or she should complete 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks with English as the main subject from a recognized board.
- There is a 5% relaxation in marks, in the case of SC/ST caste.
If you want to improve your English language writing skills as well as your speaking fluency, then this is a top-recommended course. If case your interest is to join a PR Company, work as a journalist or pursue any other opportunity in the media, BA English (Hons) is the course for you as students passed with this degree are in huge demand. With this course, a candidate can enhance their skills with the help of ancient novels, treasured literature, and poems from across the globe. Moreover, the candidate can learn about different genres and political issues involved in the English language. This course intends for:
- Introduction of intellectual scenes of various periods.
- Assist the student in becoming the best in their area or a chosen elective subject.
- Help students to become professional speaker in practical sessions.
Here the list of top institutes that offer BA English courses that provide both corresponding and regular courses.
- Daulat Ram College
- Satyawati college
- JKC college
- Mount Carmel college
- Maris Stella college
The number of universities and colleges in India that offer this course has a simple admission process for the candidates. The admission is based on the past performance of the candidate along with a personal interview. The candidates are shortlisted based on their performance processed by the college/university.
However, some of the top universities like Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, take the entrance exam for the admission process. If the candidate is qualified, he/she is eligible for admission.
Check BA English Hons Subjects list in all semesters. Students after joining in the course have to study all the subjects by referring BA English Hons Books.
- Semester I
- English Literature 4 (i)
- Concurrent – Qualifying Language
- Twentieth-Century Indian Writing (i)
- Concurrent – Credit Language
- Semester II
- English Literature 4(ii)
- English Literature 1(i)
- Twentieth-Century Indian Writing (ii)
- Semester III
- English Literature 1(ii)
- Nineteenth-Century European Realism (i)
English Literature 2(i)
Forms of Popular Fiction (i)
Classical Literature (i)
Concurrent – Interdisciplinary Forms of Popular Fiction (ii)
- Semester IV
- English Literature 2(ii)
- Nineteenth-Century European Realism (ii)
- Classical Literature (ii)
- English Literature 3(i)
- Concurrent – Discipline Centered I
- Semester V
- English Literature 3(ii)
- Contemporary Literature (i)
- English Literature 5(i)
- Anglo-American Writing from 1930(i)
- Women’s Writing of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
- Literary Theory (i)
- Modern European Drama (i)
- Semester VI
- English Literature 5(ii)
- Anglo-American writing from 1930(ii)
- Literary Theory (ii)
- Contemporary Literature (ii)
- Women’s Writing of the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries (ii)
- Concurrent – Discipline Centered II
- Modern European Drama (ii)
Once the candidate has completed his/her BA Course in English Hons with good marks, the various positions and opportunities are open in various industries such as mentioned below:
- Advertising and Marketing
- Hospitality industry
- Content developers
- Civil services
- Technical writers
- Publishing industry teaching
- Media and journalism
- Administration jobs
After graduating with this course, you will enjoy the best career opportunities because such candidates are huge in demand in almost all the sectors of the industries. This course makes the individual highly successful in the digital era. All you need to choose the best role which you’re interested in.
Students who have completed BA English (Hons) Course and got a job will get an average salary of INR 6 lakhs per annum. You can even pursue BA English Literature Course to get an English Teacher job in govt schools with the highest salary.
FAQ’s on BA English Hons Course
BA English Hons is a study of historical literature, poetry, and the English language. However, the subject can vary from colleges to university. But the common subject which is taught in all areas are as the following:
- Poetry: Sidney to Grey
- Modern drama
- Essay and stories
- Elizabethan drama
- British poetry and Indian poetry in the English novel
- Phonetics and modern grammar
- History of English literature and history of Indian writing in English.
In BA English there are various subjects included according to the chosen stream of arts. In contrast, in BA English Hons, all subjects are related to English history and modern grammar. BA English Hons is perfect for those who are very serious about their academic and journalism career.
The top colleges in India for this course are Hans Raj College, DIT University, Quantum University, and Uttaranchal University. By selecting the mentioned colleges/universities, you can build a successful career in your chosen field.