BA Course Details: The course stands for Bachelor of Arts, the most common pursued studies in India. It is an undergraduate program of three years and accounts for more than 9 million students involved in this course every year. To enroll in this course, a student needs a minimum of 60% passing marks in class 10 + 2 from a recognized board or University. The admission takes place based on a percentage of the merit list. The B.A course is also available in correspondence and distance education from colleges like IGNOU, KSOU, TNOU, etc.
Let us know about more the course details and what are the career opportunities that it offers?
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise
BA Course Details
This course’s minimum duration is three years, and the maximum of the same is six years. In this course, a candidate needs to study about five compulsory subjects that can be any of your choices, but elective subjects are major subjects in this course. The degree of Bachelor of Arts can be completed with various subjects of your choice. For example, economics, mathematics, political science, history, and geography.
BA Course Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who are willing to pursue the Bachelor of Arts course must check the following eligibility criteria.
- A Candidate must have a minimum of 45% marks in 10 + 2 exams from any recognized board.
- If you are from a schedule caste, schedule tribe cast, or physically disabled, you will get 5% relaxation.
BA Course Admission Process
The admission process of the B.A course is done via two methods.
- Admission Through Merit: Here, the college generates the cut-off list and chooses the eligible candidates who can procure admission to the program. The cutoff list of colleges varies from each other.
- Admission Through an Entrance Exam: A few top colleges like Hindu University-Commerce Delhi University help the entrance exams for B.A. course admissions like BHU UET and DUET. The University combines both – candidates’ scores in 10+2 and entrance tests for releasing admission notice.
To undergo both processes, you have to upload documents, application fees, and undergo other formalities. Afterward, you need to collect the admit card and appear for the entrance exam.
BA Course Fee Structure
The average fee structure for the regular Bachelor of Arts course is INR 6000- INR 20,000, and if you would like to pursue this course online, the average fees range from INR 40,000 to INR 1,00,000. However, the fee structure can be varied from the university and college preferred.
BA Course Specializations
A Bachelor of Arts course is not limited to a particular subject. It is available for everyone who wants to pursue the course in different languages and subjects such as:
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in history
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Hindi
- Bachelor of Arts in Punjabi
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in geography
- Bachelor of arts in education
- Bachelor of Arts in journalism
- Bachelor of Arts in criminology
- Bachelor of Arts in public administration
- Bachelors of Arts in mass communication
BA Course Scope & Job Profiles
After completing the degree of Bachelor of Arts, one can pursue the career option as a teacher and go for further studies masters of arts and masters of business administration in the relevant subject. Besides the teaching option, a candidate can go for the government exams related to band police and other fields.
However, the candidates can also open multiple job opportunities for themselves, as mentioned below:
- Content writer
- Social worker
- Online Tutor
- Government Teacher
- Air hostess
BA Course Salary Packages
The salary depends upon the career options you have chosen. If you want to be a teacher, you can be selected as a government teacher that allows you to get INR 50,000 per month. For a writer or tutor, the salary can be INR 30,000 or above. The salary also varies with experience.
FAQ’s on BA Course
Why should you Choose B.A?
If you are a creative person and would like to learn more about the arts and creativity, a Bachelor of Arts degree is best to pursue. Getting this degree can also open several job opportunities for you in different fields. The Bachelor of Arts degree holders is eligible to work in both Government and Private Sectors, earning up to INR 4-7 LPA.
Is Bachelor of Arts a professional course?
A professional course provides practical skills and job-ready people such as B.Tech, B.Ed, etc. Bachelors of Arts is a course that offers an academic degree, which is mostly associated with developing the skills in a person.
Which B.A course is best?
If your goal is to become either teacher or join Civil services, aspirants should consider economics, political science, history, geography, and public administration.