B.Com Course Details: Candidates who want to make their career in Commerce can opt for this popular undergraduate degree. It opens up a plethora of opportunities after completion of course. Get to know the details like Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Job Opportunities, Syllabus, Fee, Course Duration, etc. Learn about B.Com Full Form and clear your queries regarding the Bachelor of Commerce Course by going through further.
- B.Com Course Details Overview
- B.Com Subjects
- Bachelor of Commerce Specialization Courses
- B.Com Advanced Courses
- B.Com Syllabus
- Course Fees
- Course Duration
- B.Com Entrance Exams
- Eligibility Criteria & Requirements
- Bachelor of Commerce Course Admission
- List of Colleges offering B.Com Course
- B.Com Career Prospects and Job Opportunities
- Salary Offered to B.Com Candidates
- What are the Subjects in B.Com?
- What Jobs can I get with a B.Com Degree?
- Is B.Com a good degree?
- What is the duration of the B.Com Course?
- Is there Mathematics in B.Com?
What is B.Com?
Bachelor of Commerce is a 3-year undergraduate academic degree awarded for a course or program in commerce. During the Curriculum, candidates are taught core subjects related to financing and commerce. Over a period of the Course, Candidates can choose few elective subjects too. The entire Program includes six semesters in which students are taught topics related to company law, financial accounting, economics, corporate tax, auditing, business management, etc.
|Full form||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Eligibility||10+2 or Equivalent|
|Fee||7.5K – 1 Lakh per Annum|
|Course Type||Regular mode / Distance mode|
|Starting Salary Offered||4.42 Lakhs Per Annum|
|Similar Courses||B.Com [Hons], BBA, BBM, BBS, BMS, CA, CS, CMA, ICWA etc.|
|Employment Opportunities||Accountant, Management, Auditing, Tax Filing, etc.|
- Politics & Public Policy
- Labor Relations
- Business System Analysis
- Operations Management
- Risk Management/ Financial Risk
- Human Resource
- Organizational Studies
- Transport Economics
- Logistics Management
- Electronic Commerce
- Management Science
- Computers & Management of Information Systems
- Finance & Financial Markets
- Business Economics
- Decision Analysis
- Actuarial Science
- Supply Chain Management
- Information Management
- Industrial Psychology
- Strategic Management
You can opt for any of the Specialization Courses that come under the Bachelor of Commerce Course based on your choice. They are as under
- Advertising & Sales Management
- Computer Application
- Foreign Trade
- Office Management
- Tax Procedure
- MBA (e-Commerce)
Usually, Bachelor of Commerce is a 3year undergraduate course comprising 6 semesters on a whole. We tried covering the Syllabus for B.Com which is followed by the majority of colleges and universities. Go through the B.Com Syllabus prevailing and be sure of the concepts you need to prepare as per the Semesters.
- Financial Accounting
- Environmental Studies
- Generic Elective courses like Principles of Micro Economics or New Venture Planning, etc.
- Business Organisation and Management
- Business Laws
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Generic Elective course like, Principles of Macro Economics or Economics of Regulation of Domestic and Foreign Exchange Markets
- Language: English/Hindi/Modern Indian Language
- Income Tax Laws
- Company Law
- Skill Based elective like Banking and Insurance or Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Discipline-Specific Elective course like Indian Economy or Financial Markets and Institutions, etc.
- Corporate Accounting
- Indirect Tax Laws
- Skill Based Elective course like E-Commerce or Investing in Stock Markets
- Discipline-Specific Elective course like Human Resource Management or Industrial Laws
- Cost Accounting
- Auditing and Corporate Governance
- Discipline-Specific Elective course like ) Principles of Marketing or Training and Development, etc
- Skill Based Elective course like Computer Applications in Business or Advertising, etc.
- Business Communication
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Discipline Specific Elective course like, International Business, Consumer Affairs and Customer Care, Organisational Behaviour, Entrepreneurship, and Small Business, Office Management and Secretarial Practice, Corporate Tax Planning, Fundamentals of Investment, Management Accounting
- Skill Based Elective course like Personal Selling and Salesmanship or Cyber Crimes and Laws, etc.
Also, Read: MBA Course Details
Average Course Fee for a B.Com Aspirant ranges from 7.5K – 1 Lakh Per Annum. However, the fees may vary from institute to institute based on prestige, infrastructure, as well as the factor of the management.
B.Com course can be done either through Full Time or Part Time i.e. is through correspondence or distance education based on one’s choice. Usually, this undergraduate course lasts for about 3 years following a semester-based system.
A large number of entrance exams are held by the institutes and colleges, government to estimate the merit list of candidates to grant admission into B.Com Course.
- Company Secretary Exam: ICSI Company Secretary Entrance Exam [CS-ICSI]
- Chartered Accountant: ICAI Chartered Accountant Exam [CA-ICAI]
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test [IPUCET]
- Patna Women’s College B.Com Entrance Exam [PUCET]
- Institute of Cost Accountant of India [ICMAI Cost Accountant]
- Lovely Professional Univesity National Eligibility and Scholarship Test [LPUNEST]
- Delhi University Department of Commerce Entrance Exams
Candidates willing to take B.Com Course should complete 10+2 with a minimum percentage from a recognized board or university. Students belonging to Science, Commerce, Arts Stream can opt for B.Com Course.
Must See: BCA Course Details
The admission process for B.Com is usually merit-based. However, Some Colleges conduct their own entrance exams and gauge the merit list of candidates to grant admission in their college under B.Com Curriculum.
Below is the list of colleges that provide the B.Com Course. Have a glance at them and pick the college that best suits your requirements. They are as such
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies Under Graduate – SCMS UG, Pune
- Loyola College, Chennai
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- The University of Delhi – DU, Delhi
- St Josephs College of Commerce Autonomous, Bangalore
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
- Budget Analyst
- Business Consultant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer
- Cost Estimator
- Finance Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Stock Broker
- Tax Consultant
- Finance Officer
Average Salary Offered to a B.Com Candidate is around 4.42 LPA. However, salary varies from firm to firm, sector of employment, diligence, and seniority at the workplace.
FAQs on B.Com Course
Politics & Public Policy, Economics, Taxation, Accounting, Business System Analysis, Mathematics, Banking, Labor Relations, Insurance, and many others.
You can choose your career in any one of the following after finishing your B.Com Degree i.e. Auditor, Business Consultant, Budget Analyst, Certified Public Accountant, Chief Financial Officer, Cost Estimator, and many others.
Yes, B.Com is a good degree and is one of the most popular streams students choose after 12th.
B.Com is an Undergraduate Course for 3 years which can be pursued either Full Time or Part Time based on your choice.
Yes, Mathematics is Compulsory as the Course is based on Accounting and Financing.
Hope the information shared in the aforementioned article has given you enough idea on B.Com Course Details. For any other assistance needed don’t hesitate and feel free to drop us a comment and we will help you with the best possible solution. Bookmark our site for more information on Syllabus, Books, and Courses Related Guidance.