B.Com Taxation Course: Taxation is a challenging yet exciting course programme that enables students to establish an excellent career in the taxation area.
The vast area of taxation helps candidates to select, specialise and establish a career in the right field and also offers a broad scope for aspirants to either opt for higher education and choose a career or opt for government jobs such as government accountants.
The article on the B.Com Taxation course programme provides a comprehensive analysis of the course and its successful job-oriented career in the management arena. The B.Com Taxation report encompasses topics such as – course details, duration, eligibility, admission, curriculum and employment prospects.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise.
- About B.Com Taxation Course
- B.Com Taxation Course Highlights
- Skillset Required for B.Com Taxation Course
- B.Com Taxation Course Duration
- B.Com Taxation Course Eligibility
- B.Com Taxation Course Admission Process
- B.Com Taxation Course Entrance Examinations
- B.Com Taxation Course Fee Structure
- B.Com Taxation Subjects List
- B.Com Taxation Colleges
- Employment Prospects for a B.Com Taxation Graduate
- B.Com Taxation Jobs | Best Career Options After B.Com Taxation
- B.Com Taxation Salary
- FAQ’s on B.Com Taxation Course
- Summary of B.Com Taxation Course
B.Com Taxation is a three-year-long undergraduate programme that prepares and trains students in the field of accounting, financing, and Taxation. The course programme exposes students to the details of indirect taxes like customs tax, wealth tax, and central excise tax and other allied fields like accounting and financing.
The minimum eligibility criterion to pursue the B.Com Taxation course is 10+2 level of graduation from a recognised board or equivalent in the country with a minimum of 50 percent or more from any stream. The course programme offers an overview of the microeconomic theory and financial structure that emphasis on tax evaluation.
B.Com Taxation enables students to develop a successful career and trains them as qualified professionals to work in various organisations, government, banks, offices, and other establishments and sectors of Accounts and Finance bureaus. Graduates are exposed to a broad spectrum of employment opportunities.
|Course Name||B.com Taxation|
|Course Duration||Three years with six semesters.|
|Age Limit||The lower age limit is 18 years, and there is no applicable upper age limit specification.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidates should have completed the 10+2 level of graduation from a recognised board or equivalent in the country with a minimum of 50 per cent or more from any stream with any one of the subjects like Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics or Mathematics at an intermediate level.
Candidates belonging to the reserved category hold 5 per cent relaxation.
|Placement Opportunities||State Sales Tax Laws, Customs Departments, Research Firms, Airports and Docks, Indian Civil Services, Corporate Sectors, Import or Export Companies, Excise Departments, Public Accounting Firms, Indian Economic Services, Economic Consulting Offices, Budget Planning, Merchant Banking, and more.|
|B.Com Taxation Jobs||Accounts Assistant, Tax Manager, Cost Accountant, Business Analyst, Corporate Analyst, Risk Analyst, Tax Collector, Employment Tax Specialist, Tax Consultant, Accountant, Tax Examiner, Equity Research Analyst, Tax Attorney Specialist, Revenue Agent, Tax Advisor, and more.|
|B.Com Taxation Salary Offered||Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 60,000 per month|
|Advanced Courses||M.Com. (Taxation)|
|Similar Courses||B.Com. (Hons.) (Taxation)|
Candidates who want to opt for B.Com Taxation course programme must adopt skills and qualities that enable them to perform better-
- Mathematical skills
- Commercial awareness
- Working knowledge of M.S Excel
- Elementary knowledge of taxes
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Numeracy skills
- Attention to details
- Time management skills
The course duration for B.com Taxation course is a three-year-long undergraduate course programme that follows the semester system of education. The entire course programme is distributed into six semesters, with each semester lasting for six months.
The eligibility conditions are highly subjective and may vary from one institution to another institution. However, the standard eligibility requirements followed by several reputed universities or institutions offering B.Com Taxation course programme is listed below-
- Candidates should have completed the 10+2 level of graduation from a recognised board or equivalent in the country.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50 per cent or more from any stream with any one of the subjects like Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics or Mathematics at an intermediate level.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category hold 5 per cent relaxation.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category must present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities.
The admission protocol for B.com Taxation course is conducted either through Direct admissions or Merit-based admissions.
- Entrance-Based Admission: Several institutions or colleges follow the entrance-based admission process, wherein the institutions offer a standard entrance test. Students have to make an application to be eligible for such exams. Students who qualify for the university-level entrance examinations get through the admission for the course programme.
- Merit-Based Admission: Colleges that conduct the merit-based admission process carry out the selection process either through a personal interview or a group discussion. Most institutions shortlist candidates based on their past academic education, while the personal Interview and the group discussion add on as a bonus.
A few of the well-known entrance examinations for the B.Com Taxation course programme is listed below:
- Central Universities Common Entrance Test
- Jammu University Entrance Test
- Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Exam
- Maharshi Dayanand University Common Entrance Exam
- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
The average annual fee structure for B.Com in Taxation offered at most colleges or universities in India fluctuates between Rs 5,000/- to Rs 5,00,000/- per annum. However, government institutions or universities provide the B. Com Taxation course programme for a lesser fee amount over private colleges or institutions.
The factors that affect the fee structure include ownership of the institution, management quotas, materials, infrastructure, and reputation of the college in the global market.
B. Com Taxation course programme is categorised into six semesters and aims to cover all the essential concepts in the field of Taxation and Business mathematics. Get B.Com Taxation Syllabus, B.Com Taxation Books details in the following sections.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Central and State Sales Tax Procedure and Practice Part I||Central and State Sales Tax Procedure and Practice Part II|
|Business Economics||Business Mathematics|
|Financial Accounting||Indian Tax System and Income Tax|
|Indian Tax System and Income Tax||Financial Accounting|
|Business Mathematics||Business Management|
|Business Management||Business Economics|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Direct Tax on Employers Obligation Part I||Corporate Law|
|Business Statistics||Business Statistics|
|Corporate Law||Direct Tax on Procedure and Practice|
|Direct Tax on Procedure and Practice||Corporate Accounting|
|Corporate Accounting||Business Regulatory Framework|
|Business Regulatory Framework||Wealth Tax|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Indirect Tax: Central Excise Duty||Indirect Tax: Provisions of Custom Duty|
|Cost Accounting||Cost Accounting|
|Taxation Law||Financial Management|
|Financial Market Operations||Indirect Tax: Procedure and Practice|
|Accounting for Management||Taxation Law|
|Indirect Tax: Procedure and Practice||Auditing|
B.Com Taxation course programme is offered in several reputed institutions. Listed below are the top ten institutions along with their location that offers the B.Com Taxation course in India.
- Institute of Management,- Christ University, Bangalore
- St. Andrews College of Arts, Science, and Commerce, Mumbai
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Hindu College, Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- St Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore
- Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce, Pune
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Maharshi Dayanand University, New Delhi
B.Com in TaxationTaxation is a broad course that encompasses an ample variety of employment opportunities for graduates in both government and private sectors. B.Com Taxation opens the door to a plethora of options with a high pay package from which graduates can choose a suitable profile of their interest and comfort.
Areas of Employment
B.com Taxation course graduates from allied areas can choose their domain that interests them or which they can specialise in, such as-
- State Sales Tax Laws
- Customs Departments
- Research Firms
- Airports and Docks
- Indian Civil Services
- Corporate Sectors
- Import or Export Companies
- Excise Departments
- Public Accounting Firms
- Indian Economic Services
- Economic Consulting Offices
- Budget Planning
- Merchant Banking
- Banking Sectors
- Treasury and Forex Department
B.Com Taxation Jobs | Best Career Options After B.Com Taxation
With adequate experience, graduates from the field of Taxation. Taxation can advance up to the job profiles such as-
- A Tax Policy Analyst
- A Tax Collector
- A Tax Attorney Specialist
- An Auditing Clerk
- A Cost Accountant
- A Bookkeeping Staff
- A Personal Finance Consultant
- A Senior Accountant
- A Financial Analyst
- A Tax Manager
- A Risk Analyst
- A Budget Analyst
- An Accountant
- An Investment Banker
- A Tax Advisor
- A Market Analyst
- An Accounts Assistant
- A Tax Consultant
- A Revenue Agent
- A Tax Assistant
- A Business Analyst
- An Equity Research Analyst
- A Tax Recruiter
- An Operations Manager
- A Corporate Analyst
- A Money Manager
- A Tax Examiner
- An Employment Tax Specialist
- Marketing Manager
- An Investments Analyst
- A Securities Analyst
The average annual salary of a B.com Taxation graduate can fluctuate anywhere between Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 60,000 per month, initially. However, those graduates with ample experience and professional skills acquired through the years of working in the field can earn up to Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 1 Lakh per month.
What is the overall course duration offered for the B.Com Taxation course programme?
The course duration for the B.Com Taxation course is a three-year-long undergraduate course programme that follows the semester system of education. The entire course programme is distributed into six semesters, with each semester lasting for six months.
What are the other specialisations to pursue in B.Com?
Some popular specialisations for the B.Com Course programme are commerce, corporate secretaryship, secretarial practice, economics, financial markets, capital, and marketing.
What are the various skills needed for aspirants interested in Taxation?
Candidates who want to opt for the B.Com Taxation course programme must adopt skills and qualities that enable them to perform better like mathematical skills, commercial awareness, working knowledge on M.S excel, an elementary understanding on taxes, communication skills, problem-solving skills, numeracy skills, attention to details, and time management skills
What are the areas of employment for graduates opting for the B.Com Taxation course programme?
A few of the employment areas that offer ample career opportunities in the field of TaxationTaxation are State Sales Tax Laws, Customs Departments, Research Firms, Airports and Docks, Indian Civil Services, Corporate Sectors, Import or Export Companies, Excise Departments, Public Accounting Firms, Indian Economic Services, Economic Consulting Offices, and more
We hope that the information mentioned above regarding the B.com Taxation course details has helped improve your understanding of the subject with in-depth knowledge.