Short Term Courses in Finance in India: Finance courses are amongst the most coveted and essential courses across the globe. The Finance course deals with managing money-related activities such as investing, borrowing, saving, and forecasting. An adequate finance expert plays a vital role in managing the accounts of the company. They are required in almost every industry area, no matter big or small. A few decades back, the course was restricted to Chartered Accountants or MBA in Finance, only. However, now there is a surplus of finance courses available.
- Short Term Courses in Finance in India Course Highlights
- Curriculum for Short Term Finance Courses in India
- Job Opportunities for Short Term Finance Courses in India
- Top Recruiting Companies for Short Term Courses in Finance in India
- Why are courses in Finance important?
- What is the eligibility criteria for the Short term courses in Finance?
A Brief on Short Term Courses in Finance in India
Finance is a mattering field of education, and short term certifications in finance are quite in trend today. These courses accommodate the required skills in a comparatively short period and can be pursued with an existing job.
For people who hold a steep interest in finance, there are many short-term finance courses that give a broader outlook in the field of finance and also result in developing career growth and skillset. These courses will make them fit for any finance role that comes their way, and also find jobs they can choose which are best suited for them. It is also important because
- A company that looks for a candidate is who is well adequate with current trends and technologies. A certificate added to the resume of the person increases his quality and makes him more worthy of the job.
- The economy of the country changes at a fast pace. The financial theories which were used before may not work now. The short term finance courses in India improve the knowledge of the person and make them ready to understand any changes that happen in the finance sector.
Read More: Diploma in Financial Management
- Name of the Course – Short Term Courses in Finance in India
- The duration of the course depends upon the level of the program, such as certificate or diploma level courses.
- Applicants who have completed their 10+2 and Graduation or Diploma from any recognized University such as State Government/ DEC/ UGC/ AIU/ AICTE/) in any discipline and have proficiency in English ( spoken and written both are mandatory) are eligible to apply for the course.
- The entire fee structure may vary from one institute to another. The generic fees for the courses start from Rs 3000 onwards
- Some career opportunities after completion of the Short Term Courses in Finance in India are Investment Consultant Senior, Portfolio Manager, Financial Advisor, and many more
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Streamwise, and Category wise
There are various finance courses in India, and students from any discipline can pursue different kinds of these courses. Some of the short term finance courses in India are given below.
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst(FMVA)
- Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA)
- Financial Modelling
- Chartered Wealth Manager (CWM)
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA)
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) – CAIA is an advanced short term finance course in India. The course imparts information about possibilities in the private equity sector, intellectual property, real estate and commodities.CAIA has declared to be the credential for superiority which has been successful in leading professionals and managing alternative investments. The exam for the course is offered in over 90 countries around the globe twice a year.
The Eligibility Criteria for CAIA is that the person must have a 10+2+3 degree from a recognized university and also requires four years of work experience before giving the CAIA exam.
- Fee Structure: Rs 2 lakhs
- Salary Expected: Rs 30 lakhs per annum
- Duration: 2 weeks (approx)
Certified Financial Planner (CFP): The Financial Planning Standards Boards India (FPSBI) offers the certification of Certified Financial Planner and is even acquired internationally. CFP is a very prestigious short-term course in the field of finance. It qualifies the person for financial skills in the areas of taxes, retirement, planning, and estate. It is a one-year certificate program.
There are many CFP colleges in Delhi, and the course can also be pursued online. The Eligibility Criteria for Certified Financial Planner is the person should have completed their 10+2 and for graduates, 3 years of job experience and non-graduates should have 5-year work experience. The course selection is totally based on the scores of the examination. The duration of the course is 1 year.
- Fee Structure: Rs 5,000 to 10 lakhs
- Salary Expected: Rs 2 to 10 lakhs per annum
- Duration: 1 year
Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA): The Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA) is administered by the Corporate Finance Institute (CFI). This short-term course teaches financial analysis and modeling.
- Fees Structure: Rs 35,936
- Salary Expected: Rs 62 lakh per annum
- Duration: 1 week
Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA): The Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA) course concentrates on domestic and international ventures. The course further casts light on more comprehensive financial concepts such as financial accounting, equity analysis, corporate finance, economics, derivatives, and many more.
The CIIA exam is conducted by the Association of International Wealth Management of India. The eligibility criteria for a CIIA candidate is that the candidate must be a financial analyst, portfolio manager or investment advisor.
- Fees Structure: Rs 1,05,020
- Salary Expected: Rs 56 lakhs per annum.
- Duration: 3 weeks
Financial Modelling: Financial modeling is the fortitude of the finance industry. It operates on a fundamental principle of working on historical data of industry, examining its production and construction models to foretell its future performance. The knowledge of Financial modeling helps to master superior excel skills and sharpen the ability to resolve the future order of events.
- Fee Structure: Rs 25000 to Rs 40000
- Salary Expected: Rs 4.75 lakhs to Rs 9.35 lakhs per annum
- Duration: 3 to 6 months
Chartered Wealth Manager (CWM): CHARTERED WEALTH MANAGER is a Wealth Management Certification that inclusively deals with all phases of wealth management like Investment Strategies, Intergenerational Wealth Transfer, Relationship Management, Life Cycle Management, Behavioural Finance, Alternative Products, Real Estate Valuation, and Global Taxation.
- Salary Expected: Rs 3 lakhs to Rs 11 lakhs per annum
- Duration: 3 to 6 months
Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA): The Certified Investment Management Analyst is a recognized course around the globe. It is certified in the field of financial analysis and investment management. The Eligibility of the course is that the Applicant must have finished an executive program from a recognized institute. The duration of the course is 9 to 12 months.
- Fee Structure: Rs 1,05,020
- Salary Expected: Rs 55 lakhs per annum
- Duration: 9 to 12 months
Short term Finance courses have a vast range of career opportunities in India. Listed below are some of the scopes in the given short term courses.
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)
- Investment Analyst
- Chief Executive Officer
- Associate Financial Analyst
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Investment Management
- Financial Advisor
- Investment Planning
Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst(FMVA)
- Private Equity VP
- Investment Banking VP
- Hedge Fund Associate
- Investment Banking
- Credit Ratings
- Project Finance
- Merger & Acquisitions
- Financial Analysis
Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA)
- Portfolio Manager
- Investment Consultant
- Senior Portfolio Manager
- Financial Advisor
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- JP Morgan Chase & Co
- McKinsey & Co
- State Bank of India
FAQ’s on Short Term Courses in Finance in India
The Finance course deals with managing money-related activities such as investing, borrowing, saving, and forecasting. An adequate finance expert plays a vital role in managing the accounts of the company.
The eligibility criteria for the courses may differ from one course to another. Most of the courses must have a 10+2+3 degree from a recognized university and also requires certain years of work experience.
A person needs to opt for the best course according to their abilities and caliber and look forth their future professional elements. These short-term courses in finance will help students to understand where their true potential lies in the most valuable and time-effective way.
This pattern is gaining importance in today’s time as students can instantly update themselves for better opportunities. For students who want to go overseas and work, there are a lot of short term courses in finance available abroad as well.