Radiology Diploma Course is a credential allocated to the candidates after successfully surpassing it through any authorized university. However, degrees are preferred over diplomas but a Diploma in Radiology Course in India can bestow some significant career escalating opportunities to the candidates.
- What is Radiology?
- List of Radiology Diploma Courses in India
- Radiology Diploma Course Eligibility Criteria
- Top Diploma in Radiology Colleges in India | Radiology Diploma Course Fees
- Entrance Exams for Diploma in Radiology after 12th Courses
- Detailed Process of Diploma in Radiology Admission 2022
- Radiology Diploma Course Syllabus
- Skills Required for Radiology Diploma Course Online
- Career as a Radiologist
- Job Profiles After Radiology Technician Diploma Course
- Top Recruiters Hire Diploma Radiologists
- Diploma in Radiology Salary
- FAQ’s on Diploma Course in Radiology 2022
- Conclusion of Diploma in Radiology Course
Radiology is a discipline affiliated with medicine that uses medical imaging devices to diagnose the disease in humans or animals. Radiology procedures include the utilization of assorted imaging devices such as X-Ray, Computed Tomography (CT), Nuclear Medicine, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), UltraSound, Positron Emission Tomography (PET) & more. Specialists who carry out these diagnosis processes are said to be the Radiologists.
Radiologists are bound to interpret accurate results by employing imaging techniques. However, they undergo a lengthy training period/probationary period before becoming a senior specialist. The process is lengthy and complicated but could be effortlessly outperformed if one has the correct guidance about the Radiology Diploma Course in India.
Similar to any other field, even a Diploma in Radiology bestows numerous options for candidates to select from. Though, all the specializations procure Radiology as their core & primary subject the only difference is the courses that distinct universities offer across the nation. Listed below are a few types of Diploma Radiology Courses available in India:
- Diploma in Radiology & Imaging Technology
- Diploma in Medical Radiography & Imaging
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology
- Diploma in Radioimaging Technology/ Diploma in X-Ray & ECG Technology
- Diploma in Interventional Radiology
- Diploma in Radiological Technology
After completing these courses, the candidates can go for a Ph.D. or a job. These are only a few top-picked Radiology Diploma courses. Apart from all these, candidates can choose from a wide pool of courses available.
Identical to numerous courses even the Radiology Diploma Course is followed by a certain set of Eligibility Criteria. There are certain obligatory criteria that the candidate needs to fulfill to secure admission to a decent Diploma Institute. Listed below are a few criteria that are needed to be accomplished:
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 with a Science Background.
- The candidate must have taken Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Maths as a subject combination.
- The candidate must have at least secured 50% aggregate in their 10+2 from a recognized board.
Few colleges conduct their entrance test as an obligatory step. Entrance tests such as GUAT, SUAT, etc. are conducted by a few prime colleges across the nation. Some colleges might conduct an interview session or group discussion session as an essential admission step.
A degree plays a significant role and it is necessary to obtain a Diploma in Radiology Degree from a well-recognized college. Mentioned below are a few leading colleges across the nation that offer Radiology in Diploma courses:
|Radiology Diploma College Name||Diploma in Radiology Admission Criteria||Diploma in Radiology Fees|
|T.D. Medical College||Merit-Based||INR 12,360|
|Teerthanker Mahaveer University||Merit-Based||INR 3,00,000|
|Delhi Paramedical & Management Institute||DPMI||N/A|
|Oasis College of Science & Management||Merit-Based||INR 69,600|
|Guru Gobind Singh Medical College & Hospital||Merit-Based||INR 36,000|
|K.P. Paramedical Institute||Merit-Based||N/A|
|G.D. Goenka University||GATA||INR 90,000|
|Impact Paramedical & Health Institute||Merit-Based||N/A|
|Sharda University||SUAT||INR 1,90,000|
These are a few famed universities that offer Diploma in Radiology Courses in India. Admission of these universities entirely relies on the merit secured by the candidate either in 10+2 or in the respective entrance.
Entrance Exams for Diploma in Radiology after 12th Courses
As per the universities mentioned above, here is a list of a few known Entrance Exams conducted by numerous prestigious universities:
- SUAT- Sharda University
- GATA- G.D. Goenka University
- DPMI- Delhi Paramedical and Management Institute
To appear for these Entrance Tests, candidates must secure 50% aggregate in their 10+2. All these entrance tests are conducted in an online mode and dates are announced by the universities months before the examination.
More Related Articles
The admission process is different for different courses. Nonetheless, securing admission to a top-notch college could be confusing if the correct steps are not followed. Listed below are the steps for Radiology Diploma Course in India:
- Candidates must be from a science discipline with subject combinations viz. Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Maths
- Securing 50% aggregate in 12th is a mandatory requirement by all the colleges across the country.
- Candidates must shortlist colleges a year prior & must keep a check on entrance tests and their dates.
- After accomplishing expected scores in respective entrances, candidates then can apply to the colleges for Radiology Diploma Course.
Some colleges might not conduct their private entrance exam but those colleges demand a decent score in 10+2. Check some Top Short Term Medical Courses.
Radiology diploma is a two year course and comprises various major subjects. Few subjects could be eliminated and few are requisites. Below mentioned is General Radiology Diploma Course Syllabus:
|Compulsory Subjects (First Year)||Optional Subjects|
||Basics of Computer|
||Medical Ethics and Patient care|
|Compulsory Subjects (Second Year)||Optional Subjects|
This was a list of syllabus in the Diploma Radiology Course. The subjects could vary based on the specialisation chosen or as per the university pattern.
Each profession comes with its own set of skills required. When it comes to a Radiologists, there are a few mandatory skills that must be possessed by the aspirants, which are as follows:
- Analytical skills
- General medicine and human autonomy
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Technical skills
- Critical thinking
- Clinical skills
Great verbal skills & management would be added incentives. These are a few skills that a Radiologist must possess to lock a job for themselves.
There are distinct jobs offered to Radiologists in India. The candidate can obtain a Diploma in Radiology after the 12th degree and then can hunt for a precise job role. Jotted below is a glimpse of what a career as a Radiologist would look like in India:
- Radiologists must be well-aware of human physiology and basic medicine.
- The advancement in Imaging Technology can bestow numerous perks and candidates can either secure a job in a Hospital or Radiology Imaging Clinics.
- Medical Imaging Technology permits candidates to work in various specialist sectors such as Nuclear Radiology, Ortho Radiology & more.
- After a Diploma in Radiology Course, candidates can continue studying further in India or Abroad.
Radiology is a sought-after career and demands time & precision. However, Radiologists are offered fascinating salary packages but they need to work round-the-clock to perform imaging tests such as MRI & CT scans for the patients. A radiologist must also know how to analyse Radiology reports for the patient.
Apart from engaging in a typical expected Radiology job, candidates can go for diverse job profiles. Listed below are a few noted job designations offered for the Diploma in Radiology Degree candidates:
- MRI Technician
- Radiology Nurse
- X-Ray Technician
Besides these career pathways, candidates can pave numerous ways in the Radiologist field.
It is necessary to attain a job in a well-reputed firm. Not only does it serve great salary packages but it also a great working environment & constructive working experience. Noted below are a few top-notch employers that hire Radiologists:
- GE Healthcare
- Apollo Hospitals
- Premier Health
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital
- Tata Medical Center
These are some pre-eminent recruiters that hire & procure outstanding packages for the radiologists.
As radiologists are quite in-demand, especially after the outbreak, outstanding salary packages are offered to the candidates. Different Radiologist discipline has different salary packages, which are as follow:
|Radiology Diploma Job Profile||Diploma Radiology Salary|
|Radiologist||INR 9-10Lakhs per Annum|
|MRI Technician||INR 4-6Lakhs per Annum|
|Radiology Nurse||INR 4-5 Lakhs per Annum|
|X-Ray Technician||INR 3-4 Lakhs per Annum|
These are basic beginning salaries offered by the employers to the Radiology employee. These salaries can gradually rise along with the expertise & experience.
1. Is it necessary to take 10+2 Science to become a Radiologist?
Yes, it is necessary to be from a science background to become a Radiologist in India.
2. What is the course length of a Diploma in Radiology in India?
A diploma course can last from 2-to 3 years depending on the university & the type of course selected by the candidate.
3. Is it necessary to give an entrance exam for a Radiology in Diploma Course?
Entrance exams are conducted by the universities and the admission can either be merit-based or entrance based.
4. How much is the minimum percentage required for candidates to give Radiology Entrance?
Candidates must secure 50% in their 10+2 to give an entrance test.
A radiologist is not only a prestigious medicine-affiliated designation but is also a catalyst for several elevating career opportunities. The radiologist can expect a decent salary & a job role along with opportunities to gain specialization in assorted radiology disciplines. For further instructive articles, course details, and more beneficial knowledge about Diploma in Radiology Course in India, bookmark or visit our site @Ncertbooks.guru.