Paramedical Diploma Courses List: Paramedical service assists doctors in diagnosis, treatment, and therapy in specific areas and facilities to do a better job. There is a growing demand for high-level expertise paramedical professionals worldwide, creating new opportunities for students. Without paramedics, the entire healthcare industry will come to a standstill. Recently, the healthcare sector has seen a huge increase in growth. With the increasing focus on health emergencies, paramedics’ job has been the most sought-after profession for a promising career as per a study.
If you’re an individual who values people and is willing to bring a positive influence to the lives of others, then a career as a paramedic might be a suitable option for you. They are medical professionals educated to act as a physician assistant within the hospital. Their job is to support doctors throughout the medical checks and treatments to guarantee effective medical therapy. They are accountable for providing initial medical treatment to patients in emergencies. Paramedics can also be referred to EMS as Emergency Medical Services Professionals.
Pursuing Paramedical Diploma Course after the 12th standard is the most effective for those looking to pursue a career in the medical field with less time and at a low cost. Through this program, students gain the expertise to master the art of medical surgery, assist and diagnostics, etc.
- Diploma in Paramedical Course Eligibility
- Paramedical Diploma Courses Admission
- Entrance Exams for Paramedical Diploma Courses
- Paramedical Diploma Course Duration
- Specializations in Paramedical Diploma Course
- Paramedical Diploma Courses Colleges List
- Paramedical Courses Fees
- Scope of Paramedical Courses
- Popular Paramedical Jobs
- Salary After Paramedical Courses
- Who comes under Paramedical Staff?
- Are Paramedics doctors?
- How long do you study for Diploma Paramedic Course?
Students who wish to pursue a career in paramedical fields must satisfy the following requirements for eligibility.
- You must have completed 12th in the science stream and biology from a recognized board with a minimum of 50 percent marks.
- There isn’t a minimum requirement for diploma courses for the percentage, as each college has its criteria concerning the percentage.
- Some colleges may even grant admission by the percentages obtained from board exams.
- Most colleges conduct their own entrance tests or allow admission based on the national or state-level examination scores.
- The applicants must be 17 or over.
- Candidates could also be required to take NEET UG.
Candidates interested in Paramedical Diploma Courses are supposed to check the following admission process. It is as under
- Candidates need to visit the official portal of the college/Institute they wish to apply to and fill in the application form and pay fees accordingly. However, certain colleges will only allow offline applications for which your presence is mandatory.
- Keep track of the Admission Opening Dates of the Universities/Colleges you are targeting.
- Most of the colleges select candidates depending upon the scores in entrance exams or on a merit basis. After this, you need to attend the counseling process and qualified candidates will get seats allotted to them.
Following is the comprehensive list of entrance exams held for Paramedical Courses. Candidates need to appear for any of these Entrance Exams to get into their Paramedical Course.
- NEET PG
- MHT CET
- NILD CET / SVNIRTAR CET/ NIEPMD CET-
Find all kinds of course details on our page and decide whether your favorite ones are bright for your future or not.
For students who want to do Paramedical courses after the 12th the duration will be 2 years to 3 years as per Course.
- Bachelor Paramedical Courses 4 – 3 years
- Diploma Paramedical Courses 3 to 2 years
- Certificate Paramedical Courses 1 year
Here is the list of specializations one can opt for in the Diploma Paramedical Course. They are as follows
- Emergency medical technician
- General duty assistant
- Diploma in Medical laboratory technician
- Patient care management
- Operations theatre assistant
- Radiology and imaging technician
- Occupational Therapist
- Audiologist and Speech Therapist
Find below the list of top colleges to pursue Paramedical Courses:
- AIIMS, New Delhi Dental College, Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute, Delhi
- School of Physiotherapy, Mumbai
- Institute of Physically Handicapped, New Delhi
- Delhi Paramedical and Management Institute, Delhi
- Degree Paramedical College, Etawah
- Prosthetics and Orthotics, Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University (CSMU), Navi Mumbai
- Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering & Technology (SVIET), Chandigarh
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi
- Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai
- Kasturba Medical College Manipal University, Manipal
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Madras Medical College, Mumbai
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Amity University Manesar, Gurgaon
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Symbiosis International University
The fees of the course depend upon the college or university you choose to pursue the diploma course. Generally giving an estimate the course fees initiates from 75,000 INR varying upon the facilities and position of the institution you choose.
There are various paramedical programs, including diploma, certificate, and undergraduate levels. Students who have finished 12th grade by an approved school are qualified to apply. The scores of entrance exams determine the admission to certain of these classes, and students must pass examinations like JIPMER, NEET-UG, and the MAT CET.
The certificate and diploma courses generally take between one and two years to complete. UG courses can take 1.5 to four years. There are a variety of paramedical programs provided by Indian universities. Some of these courses include Diploma of OT Technician, Certificate of Nutrition and Childcare, Certificate in HIV and Family Education, Diploma in Rural Health Care, Diploma in Optometry, Diploma of Occupational Therapy, Diploma for X-ray Technology, etc.
- Medical Laboratory Technician/Technologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Rehabilitation Worker
- Audiologist and Speech Therapist
- Critical Care Paramedic
- Medical Assistant
- Advanced Life Support Paramedic
|Paramedical Diploma Job Profile||Paramedical Course Salary|
|Medical Assistant||Rs 2,98,000|
|Advanced Life Support Paramedic||Rs 1,76,000 to Rs 3,62,000|
|Critical Care Paramedic||Rs. 3,35,000|
|Occupational Therapist||Rs 3,00,000|
FAQs on Diploma in Paramedical Courses
Paramedical Staff includes nurses, technicians, therapists, and other ancillary personnel involved in medical care.
Paramedics are not doctors. They are specialized medical professionals who specialize in Emergency Treatment. The name itself suggests they are “next to doctors”.
Diploma in Paramedic Course lasts about 2-3 Years based on the college or institute.
Students looking to pursue an impressive profession in the medical field must keep in mind that the medical courses they choose are all practical to help the traditional student’s growth. The paramedical training courses offer great potential in the rapidly expanding medical profession.
Specialized courses benefit from focusing on a specific subject that the students choose. The employment opportunities in this area are highly sought-after, and students will have a good profile after the end of the course. The student’s primary goal could lead them to a higher level to admire their professional career.