Here we are providing NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths, the solutions are latest and up-to-date. You can download Solution for each and every chapters listed below (Chapterwise).
Download Free NCERT Solutions for class 6th to 12th.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths – Free PDF Download Chapterwise
Chapter 1 Rational Numbers
Until now, the student must have dealt only with whole numbers. In this chapter, they learn about rational, irrational and real numbers. They’ll also learn about their properties and representation of real numbers on the number line.
Chapter 2 Linear Equations In One Variable
In this chapter, the students learn how to solve linear equations with only one variable. They practise doing operations on both sides of the equation to simplify the expression. They also learn the related applications and model various situations into linear equations containing one variable.
- Linear Equations In One Variable Class 8 Ex 2.1
- Linear Equations In One Variable Class 8 Ex 2.2
- Linear Equations In One Variable Class 8 Ex 2.3
- Linear Equations In One Variable Class 8 Ex 2.4
- Linear Equations In One Variable Class 8 Ex 2.5
- Linear Equations In One Variable Class 8 Ex 2.6
Chapter 3 Understanding Quadrilaterals
A polygon with four sides is called a quadrilateral. There are many quadrilaterals, each with their own unique properties – square, rectangle, rhombus, etc. In this chapter, as the title suggests, the student learns about all these properties.
- Understanding Quadrilaterals Class 8 Ex 3.1
- Understanding Quadrilaterals Class 8 Ex 3.2
- Understanding Quadrilaterals Class 8 Ex 3.3
- Understanding Quadrilaterals Class 8 Ex 3.4
Chapter 4 Practical Geometry
This is a crucial chapter that takes a lot of practise. To draw a triangle, 3 measurements will suffice, for example, three sides, two sides and the included angle, two angles and the included side, etc. Similarly, to construct a quadrilateral, four measurements are needed. In this chapter, the student learns to make these constructions.
- Practical Geometry Class 8 Ex 4.1
- Practical Geometry Class 8 Ex 4.2
- Practical Geometry Class 8 Ex 4.3
- Practical Geometry Class 8 Ex 4.4
- Practical Geometry Class 8 Ex 4.5
Chapter 5 Data Handling
Going through every piece of information in the collected data will prove cumbersome in most cases. Hence, the data is represented using charts and graphs. In this chapter, the students learn the valuable skill of interpreting these charts. They work with pie charts, bar graphs, double bar graphs, pictographs and histograms.
Chapter 6 Squares and Square Roots
As the students learn more advanced topics, they’ll often come across many squares and their square roots. This chapter lays the foundation for the same and teaches the student how to relate a number and its square. The students also learn how to compute the square and square root of a number.
- Squares and Square Roots Class 8 Ex 6.1
- Squares and Square Roots Class 8 Ex 6.2
- Squares and Square Roots Class 8 Ex 6.3
- Squares and Square Roots Class 8 Ex 6.4
Chapter 7 Cubes and Cube Roots
In the vein of the previous chapter, this chapter deals with cubes and cube roots. The students learn many interesting ways of calculating the cube root of a number.
Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities
This chapter teaches the student practical math that is useful in everyday life. It starts off with a brief discussion of ratio and percentages, and moves on to the topic of buying, selling and loans. The student learns about profit, loss, sales tax, compound and simple interest on loans, etc.
- Comparing Quantities Class 8 Ex 8.1
- Comparing Quantities Class 8 Ex 8.2
- Comparing Quantities Class 8 Ex 8.3
Chapter 9 Algebraic Expressions and Identities
In this chapter, the students learn standard tools that they’ll apply everywhere. They learn about factors, coefficients and terms in polynomials. They also learn to perform basic arithmetic on polynomials, like adding, subtracting and multiplying two monomials, binomials, polynomials, or between any two of them. They also learn about important algebraic identities and how to apply them.
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities Class 8 Ex 9.1
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities Class 8 Ex 9.2
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities Class 8 Ex 9.3
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities Class 8 Ex 9.4
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities Class 8 Ex 9.5
Chapter 10 Visualising Solid Shapes
This is a continuation of chapter 15 in class 6. The students pick up where they left off, and learn about faces, edges, vertices, and views of a 3-D object.
- Visualising Solid Shapes Class 8 Ex 10.1
- Visualising Solid Shapes Class 8 Ex 10.2
- Visualising Solid Shapes Class 8 Ex 10.3
Chapter 11 Mensuration
This is another important chapter that will be revisited in higher classes. Here, the students learn how to compute the area of special quadrilaterals, trapeziums, polygons, etc.
- Mensuration Class 8 Ex 11.1
- Mensuration Class 8 Ex 11.2
- Mensuration Class 8 Ex 11.3
- Mensuration Class 8 Ex 11.4
Chapter 12 Exponents and Powers
For representing large numbers, scientific notation is widely used, which relies upon exponents of 10. Hence, it is important to understand this chapter thoroughly. It is also useful in general algebra. In this chapter, students learn about the rules governing exponents and powers, including raising a number to power one, raising one to any power, adding and subtracting exponents, etc.
Chapter 13 Direct and Inverse Proportions
Everywhere in science, students have to deal with proportionality between two quantities. In this chapter, they learn in detail about the same, applying the concept of ratios in various situations.
Chapter 14 Factorisation
The factorisation of a polynomial is a very important tool that helps in simplifying various expressions. In this chapter, students learn an easy method to factorise many difficult polynomials. They also learn about irreducible factors to make the process more efficient.
- Factorisation Class 8 Ex 14.1
- Factorisation Class 8 Ex 14.2
- Factorisation Class 8 Ex 14.3
- Factorisation Class 8 Ex 14.4
Chapter 15 Introduction to Graphs
As the title suggests, this chapter is a thorough introduction to the topic of graphs. It contains a brief overview of various kinds of graphs, like bar graphs, line graphs and histograms. The students also learn the terminology associated with graphs and come to know of the real world applications.
- Introduction to Graphs Class 8 Ex 15.1
- Introduction to Graphs Class 8 Ex 15.2
- Introduction to Graphs Class 8 Ex 15.3
Chapter 16 Playing with Numbers
This is a fun chapter that improves the student’s intuition regarding numbers. In this chapter, the student learns about divisibility tests, reversing the digits of a number, etc.
MCQ Questions for Class 8 Maths
- Class 8 Rational Numbers MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Linear Equations in One Variable MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Understanding Quadrilaterals MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Practical Geometry MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Data Handling MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Squares and Square Roots MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Cubes and Cube Roots MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Comparing Quantities MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Algebraic Expressions and Identities MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Visualising Solid Shapes MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Mensuration MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Exponents and Powers MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Direct and Indirect proportions MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Factorisation MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Introduction to Graphs MCQ Questions
- Class 8 Playing with Numbers MCQ Questions
Download NCERT Textbooks for class 1st to 12th
Most of the students starts taking tuition’s from class 8 onwards as plethora of new concepts are introduced in this class. 90% of the students opt for tuition’s and even after that they score low marks. Reason? Poor concepts and lack of practice. Yes! Maths is a game whose key players are concepts and formulas. If you don’t know the formula then you cannot even go a single step further.
I know you would have always wished that whenever your teacher asks any question, your hand should be raised first. But don’t worry. That can happen. You can also become a maths genius like the toppers of your class. You just need the right study material with apt guidance. There is no second option than to solving NCERT books.
These books are appropriately designed as per the latest CBSE pattern and are in fact prescribed by CBSE as well. A teacher may feel bugged when you keep on pinging her every time for checking the answer. What if you get the complete NCERT Solutions for class 8 Maths? Sounds good?
Yes, here we bring to you the NCERT solutions for class 8 Maths which solves each and every question till the answer giving proper explanations at every step. Chapters such as Algebra, rational numbers, mensuration, etc. need formula memorization. Chapter 6 Square and square roots and chapter 7 cube and cube roots form the base of mathematics. If is advisable to students to keep practicing them every day. Students generally get confused between them and 80% of the students answer it wrongly.
Then comes a similar chapter exponents and powers. Here you need to be very careful regarding the figures. It has been noticed that most of the students often copy wrong figures from the question paper. Stay attentive while solving your mathematics problem. One wrong figure will lead you to a wrong answer, so copy them very carefully.
We recommend the students to make a chart of all the formulas and paste them near the place of your study. This will help them to memorize the formulas in an easy manner without any hassle. NCERTbooks.guru visions to make each and every student in India fully equipped with the NCERT study material (textbook + solutions) so that he/she do not face any problem in their preparation for examination.
Maths is a scoring subject and interesting as well. Download your copy now!
If none of the link work properly, do comment in the comment box.