Home Science Courses After 12th: Home science is a unique degree where home and science work simultaneously. The course is entirely linked with the household tasks such as cooking, managing household activities, the family environment, and other functions related to the home and family.
After the completion of this degree, you can have the job of your dreams. Either you can work under any firm or can be your own boss. The monetary benefits are also high in addition to other allowances. Generally, it has been misinterpreted that home science is specific for girls but it is not a gender-specific course, boys can also pursue it.
- About Home Science Course Details after Class 12th
- List of Home Science Degree Courses
- Courses of B.A and B.Sc in Home Science After 12th
- Diploma in Home Science Course After 12th
- Certificate Courses in Home Science After 12th
- Home Science Course Fees
- List of Home Science College In India
- Home Science Syllabus
- Career Scope of Home Science After 12th
- Self Employed Career Options in Home Science
- Job Opportunities in Home Science Courses After 12th
- Top Recruiters that Hire After 12th Home Science Course Holders
- Home Science Salary in India
- What are the subjects taught in Home Science?
- Does Delhi University offer a Home Science degree?
- Can I open my own business after the completion of my home science degree?
- In what areas can I work after the completion of a home science degree?
- Final Words
About Home Science Course Details after Class 12th
Home Science course offers you B.Sc, B.A., diploma, and certificate degree after the completion of class 12th. It deals with the science involving food, nutrition, health, human development, etc. Through the knowledge of this course, you will get to know the real meaning of better living.
The course also provides a handful of skills and knowledge of resource management, food, and nutrition, child education, etc. You will get to know a lot about the family ecosystem, healthy diet, ways for body detoxification, and a lot more.
The list can be as follows:
- B.Sc. in Home Science and Management
- BA in Home Science
- Diploma in Home Science after 12th
- BA in Home Management
- Certificate in Home Science
- B.Sc. in Home Science and Nutrition
- B.Sc. in Home Science
The Duration of Home Science courses after 12th can be completed in a time span of 3 years.
The eligibility for the Home science degree says:
- You must have cleared class 10+2 with a minimum score of 50%.
- You must have studied either home science, math, biology, physics, or chemistry as an important subject in class 12th.
Diploma in Home Science Course After 12th
The Diploma Course After 12th in Home Science can be pursued after class 12th. The course follows the semester-wise pattern. You can complete these courses in 1 to 3 years of time span. To be eligible for the program you need to score at least 50% marks in class 12th.
The certificate course can be completed in just 3 to 6 months. These are also known as short-time courses for home science which teach you the exact topics related to home science. You need to score at least 45% to 50% marks in class 12th to be eligible for this program.
The course fee structure varies according to the college. However, you can find the approx fees details here:
|Name of Courses||Fees|
|Bachelor of Science||Rs. 55,000 – 80,000|
|Diploma in Home Science||Rs. 20,000 – 35,000|
|Bachelor of Arts in Home Science||Rs. 40,000 – 65,000|
|Certificate Course in Home Science||Rs 10,000-50,000|
The colleges are available throughout India due to the demand for home science degrees. You can find the home science course list:
- Faculty of Life Sciences, Kurukshetra University
- Amity University, Noida
- Nalanda Open University – N O U
- Lady Irwin College, Delhi University
- Calicut University
- Indian Institute of Professional Studies
- BFIT Group of Institutions
- Lucknow University
- GD Goenka University, Gurgaon
- CCSU – Chaudhary Charan Singh University
- Institute of Home Economics
- Thiruvalluvar University
- Shivaji University Kolhapur
- NIMS University
- B H U – Banaras Hindu University
- AMU – Aligarh Muslim University
The subjects in all the 3 years vary according to the colleges. But you can find the relevant topic details here:
- Child Rights and Social Action
- Fundamental of Textiles
- Food Science and processing
- Fabric and Apparel Science
- Lifespan Development
- Fundamentals of Food Nutrition & Food Science
- Exercise physiology
- Food and nutrition
- Advanced study of counseling and physiological testing
- Chemical analysis of food
- Communication skills
- Physiology and Promoting Health
- Communication and Extension
- Human development
- Fashion Studies
- English Communication
- Sustainable Development
- Relevant branches of Science
- Resource management
- Clothing and textile
- Environmental Science
There are various career options available after the completion of a home science degree. But you can also go for the master’s and then a doctoral degree in home science and do the relevant domains if you don’t want to work. You can choose any of the following work domains for your future:
- Teaching and Research
- Clothing and Textile
- Home Management
- Healthcare Industry
- Production Industry
- Development Studies
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Social Work
- Food Industry
- Service and Tourism Industry
You can also run your business in various fields after the completion of a home science degree. These few domains will help you to choose the right business option for you:
- Catering Business
- Fashion Designer Boutique
- Confectionery and Bakery
- Health Care Centres
- Coaching Centres
- Interior Designing trainers
- Child Care Centres
- Grooming Centres
- Hobby Centres
Job Opportunities in Home Science Courses After 12th
The companies are offering careers in home science in these job profiles:
- Healthcare Counsellor
- Executive chef
- Assistant Dietician
- Medical coder
- Product Executive
- Health Educator
The top recruiters for home science degree holders are:
- Indegene Lifesystems
- Max Hospital
- The Leela
- ITC Limited
- Aon Hewitt
- ZYLA health
- Taj Hotel and Chains.
- In Silico Biology
- Jg Group
The salary is quite good. Even if you are a fresher you can earn around Rs 30,000 per month. After gaining experience you can see a rise in your salary structure which can be around Rs 80,000 to Rs 1,00,000. However, you may find the detailed job profile wise salary here:
|Assistant Dietician||2. 2 to 2. 5 Lac|
|Executive Chef||3. 5 Lac|
|Health care Counsellor||2 to 2. 8 Lac|
|Health Educator||1. 5 to 1. 8 Lac|
|Medical Coder||3 Lac|
|Product Executive||2. 5 to 3 Lac|
FAQs on Best Courses After 12th Home Science
The important topics which are taught in the Home Science degree are fashion practical, sustainable development, Nutrition, interior designing, Textiles Extension, Education, Human resources, entrepreneurship management, childcare, Human Development
Yes, Delhi University offers a Home Science degree. The colleges in DU which offer Home Science Courses after 12th are:
- Lady Irwin College
- Institute of Home Economics
Yes, you can absolutely open your own business after the completion of a home science degree. You can open Confectionery and Bakery, start Catering businesses, Hobby Centres, Child Care Centres, and more.
Ans. There are a number of job opportunities available for home science degree students. You can work in these domains such as fashion, teaching, social work, development studies, dietetics, food industry, home management, etc.
After reading this article we hope you have a detailed description of the Home Science courses after the 12th. Now you can build your career in the same. However, home science just not only tells you about the family ecosystem, but it is a best broder course which teaches a lot to you. If you find any queries regarding course details, you can ask them in the comment section as NcertBooks.Guru is always there to help you.