Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course: Wish to further your interests in the electrical engineering field? This site is the right place for all your doubts. Browse through other engineering courses for enhancing your knowledge!
Engineers are the people who contribute to the smooth operation of our world. Electrical engineers design and maintain a wide range of equipment and navigation systems, from microscopic chips inside our cell phones to enormous airplane electrical systems.
It is all possible due to the talent and skills of Electrical Engineers. Hence, if you are planning or want to pursue a Diploma in Electrical Engineering, you have landed on the right page. Here you will get all the details regarding the Electrical Engineering Diploma Courses.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course Details
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering After 10th Eligibility Criteria
- Skills Needed for Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Diploma Course Admission Procedure
- Best Colleges for Diploma in Electrical Engineering in India | Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course Fees
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering syllabus
- Career Options after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course
- Jobs Profiles for Electrical Engineering Diploma Candidates
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Salary Per Month in India
- Degree Courses after Diploma Electrical Engineering Course
- FAQs on Courses after Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course Details
After completing class 10, students can follow a three-year technical skill engineering degree called the Diploma in Electrical Engineering. The main skills that a student learns from this course are Configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, magnetic, control mechanisms, data processing, and networking.
Applicants can pick from a range of specialties in the Diploma in the Electrical Engineering curriculum, enabling them to concentrate on their fields of interest in the course. Also, Check Electrical Diploma Course Details.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering After 10th Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must complete the class 10th board examinations with a minimum of 50 percent total from a recognized state or central education board.
- Applicants should have 50% marks in Science and Math respectively.
- The applicant must not have any backlog in class ten.
- Those who are from the reserved category they will have to provide their certificate issued by the legal authorities.
- There are some colleges and universities that admit applicants via common admission tests. Therefore applicants are required to pass the admissions test to be considered for admission.
- How to become an Electrical Engineer in India
- Diploma in Electronics and electrical engineering Course
Skills Needed for Electrical Engineer
Skills play an important role in shaping an efficient and professional Electrical Design Engineer, some of the basic skills required as an Electrical Engineer are as follows:
- Issue Resolving
- Critical Thinker
- Basic understanding of circuits
- Troubleshooting electronic devices
- The ability to understand and apply arithmetic principles in all aspects of life, etc.
Electrical Engineering Diploma Courses Admission Procedure
The Diploma in Electrical Engineering admissions procedure is primarily based on the performance of the applicant in the Class 10 Board Examination.
- Some colleges offer a Diploma in Electrical Engineering after 12th grade and also after 10th.
- You can also find colleges that accept students based on their entrance test performance.
- Applicants must obtain the required grades to be accepted into a good institution or college.
- Following the admission exam, a merit list will be produced, detailing the applicants who received a decent score on the exam.
- After completing the final admissions procedure and paying the fees, the applicant must enroll for the academic year at the institution.
Best Colleges for Diploma in Electrical Engineering in India | Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course Fees
Best Colleges and Institutions shape your dream to become a good electrical engineer, so here is the list of some of the best colleges in India for a Diploma in Electrical Engineering with their total fees and institution type (Government/ Private).
|Name of Diploma in Electrical Engineering Colleges||Government/ Private||Total Fees|
|PVP Polytechnic||Private||INR 20,844|
|Aditya Engineering College, Surampalem||Private||INR 74,600|
|Don Bosco Polytechnic College||Private||INR 1,05,000|
|Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Government||INR 6000|
|Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute||Government||INR 34,679|
|GIET Rajahmundry – Godavari Institute of Engineering and Technology||Private||INR 44,700|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||Public||INR 26,910|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering syllabus
The course for Diploma in Electrical Engineering is divided into six semesters, following are the details of the discipline covered:
|S/No||1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester|
|1||Engineering Graphics I||Engineering Graphics II||Computer Applications|
|2||Engineering Chemistry I||Engineering Physics II||Electronic Devices and Circuits (Practical)|
|3||Engineering Physics I||Applied Mathematics||Electrical Circuits and Machines (Practical)|
|4||Engineering Mathematics I||Engineering Mathematics II||Electronic Devices and Circuits|
|5||Communication English I||Communication English II||Electrical Machines-I|
|6||Engineering Chemistry I (Practical)||Engineering Chemistry II (Practical||Electrical Circuit Theory|
|7||Engineering Physics I (Practical)||Engineering Physics II (Practical)|
The rest of the semester’s syllabus of the Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course are as follows:
|S/No||4th Semester||5th Semester||6th Semester|
|1||Communication and Life Skills Practice||Elective Practical-I||Electrical Estimation and Energy Auditing|
|2||Digital Electronics & Linear Integrated Circuits (Practical)||Electrical Machine Controller||Power System-II|
|3||Electrical Machines and Instrumentation (Practical)||Programmable Logic Controller||Elective Practical-II|
|4||Transducers and Signal Conditioners||Elective Theory-I||Elective Theory-II|
|5||Digital Electronics||Special Electrical Machines||Computer Hardware and Networks|
|6||Measurements and Instruments||MicroController|
|7||Electric Machines-II||Power System-I|
Career Options after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course
Diploma in Electrical Engineering is a course that gives you ample opportunity to prove yourselves as an engineer not only that after completion of the course; you can seek job opportunities in various government and private sectors as well as you can be an entrepreneur and start your own business. Here is the list of some companies that have a high demand for Electrical Engineering.
|Name of the Companies|
|Durgapur steel plant||L&T Construction and STEEL||Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd|
|ISRO||Jay Balaji Steel||Tata Steel & Power Limited
State Electricity Board
|OMEGA Elevator||SAIL||TRF Ltd|
|CONE Elevator||NTPC||Hindustan Motor|
|Everest Industry||BHEL||Tata Metaliks|
|ZENITH Construction, etc||NSPCL||ALSTOM India Power project|
Jobs Profiles for Electrical Engineering Diploma Candidates
Possible Job profiles that you will get after completion of the Electrical Engineering Diploma course are as follows:
- Head of the Project
- Project Manager
- Chief Engineer
- Workshop Manager
- Test and Development Engineer
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Salary Per Month in India
An electrical engineer’s basic pay is roughly 20-35 thousand rupees per month. Salary may differ based on the region of the employment and the company’s profile. If you work for the government, your salary will be determined by the Pay Band and Grade. However, to give you a brief idea we have a list of some job designations along with their salary range.
|Job Designation||Salary annually|
|Field Engineer||NR 1,55,000 to INR 1,75,000|
|CAD Engineer||INR 1,65,000 to INR 2,22,000|
|Technical Trainer||INR 1,50,000 to INR 1,92,000|
|Junior Engineer||INR 1,42,000 to INR 1,80,000|
|Electric Designer Engineer||INR 1,40,000 to INR 1,95,000|
Job Description for the Above Positions:
1) Field Engineer: Field Engineers travel to different locations to perform repairs and maintenance if necessary.
2) CAD Engineers: Electrical circuits are structured by CAD Engineers using pc software and equipment.
3) Technical Trainer: Technical trainers’ job is to teach new employees basic techniques and knowledge about how the company works.
4) Junior Engineers: Junior Engineers are responsible for the maintenance and repair of electrical circuits and components under the supervision of a senior engineer.
5) Electric Designer Engineer: An electrical designer engineer is in charge of circuit designing and simulation for electrical and electronic products.
Degree Courses after Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course
Below is the list of some degree courses that you can pursue after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering
1) BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering: ((BTech in ECE): It is a four-year professional undergraduate scientific program. It necessitates the application of electrical knowledge to improve communication and connectivity.
2) BTech Electrical Engineering: It is a four-year bachelor’s degree program in electrical engineering. Power generation and its foundations are the focus of this Electrical Engineering course.
3) BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering: It is a four-year bachelor’s degree curriculum targeted at teaching information and using electrical and electronics engineering ideas to tackle company challenges and problems.
FAQs on Courses after Diploma in Electrical Engineering
1) What are the competitive exams after a diploma in electrical engineering?
If you wish to work for the government, you can prepare for competitive exams like RRB JE, RRB ALP, and others.
2) What is the salary for a diploma in electrical engineering candidates?
A diploma holder’s annual remuneration as a fresher in a corporation ranges from INR 1,40,000 to 1,70,000 with a position of Diploma Engineer Trainee (DET). It is entirely dependent on the type of firm you join, and multiple firms have multiple policies.
3) Is a diploma higher than a bachelor’s degree?
A bachelor’s degree is more advanced and higher than a diploma course in any of the fields.
4) What are the certificate courses after a diploma in electrical engineering?
AIME Certification is one of the possibilities available to diploma holders with an engineering background who want to pursue a successful profession.
5) What can I do after completing an electrical engineering diploma course?
After earning a diploma, one can pursue supervisory positions in a variety of businesses. Another alternative accessible after completing a diploma in electrical engineering is to pursue a degree in engineering and enter the second year immediately.
Electronic engineers work at the cutting edge of technology, developing the products and services we use daily. They are the reason behind our comfort and inspiration for future innovation. A Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course gives you the powerful knowledge of technology and skills in the field of electronics that will help you to shape your future and inspire you to make new inventions.
The career of an Electrical Engineer is bright as well as inspiring. If you want a career full of ideas, innovation, and technology then Diploma in Electrical Engineering is the right choice for you. Go through other course details on our website @ncertbooks.guru to get answers to all your career-related doubts, you won’t be disappointed!