Best Data Science Courses: The age of science and technology is about storing and interpreting all the information in a single chip and using it further as the need arises. This information or records are called Data. Data plays a very important role in modern times because it decides the future course of action of a firm or any entity.
It is the fundamental unit of any record that is maintained or any piece of information that is stored. Due to this reason, it becomes very important for the firms to take appropriate measures and devise relevant plans to protect various structured and unstructured data of the firm and this is where Data science courses come into action.
If you are someone who is a tech-head, loves to handle computers, and wants to build a career that is in fashion these days, then this article on the Best data science courses is for you. In this article, we have covered the best data science course details like eligibility criteria, fees, career prospects, and average salary. Let’s get started.
- What is Data Science?
- Best Data Science Courses in India & World
- Top Data Science Bachelor Degree Courses With Eligibility, Duration & Fee
- Masters Data Science Courses in India
- Best Post-Graduate Data Science Diploma Course in India
- Top Data Science Courses and Certification Online
- Top Colleges for Best Data Science Courses for Beginners
- Best data science courses Online platforms
- Top Recruiters for Data Science Course
- Career Opportunities for Certified Candidates in Data Science
- Average Salary after Data Science Programs in India
- FAQs on Best Data Science Courses with Placement
What is Data Science?
In this IT age, the relevance of data does not require any explanation. Data science is all about the techniques to record, store, analyze and interpret desired results from various processed and raw data. This course has been in fashion for the last 2 years because of the pandemic.
The pandemic attack saw every big and small firm take their business online. This increased the demand for data science courses because the need to store and protect online data shook up. Data science courses equip the students with the required knowledge, skills, and techniques to store and analyze data to forecast the trend for future use.
Best Data Science Courses in India & World
The list of bachelor’s, postgraduate, diploma, and certificate best data science courses for beginners and experienced are given below with the required qualification, fees, duration, and career details.
Top Data Science Bachelor Degree Courses With Eligibility, Duration & Fee
A full-time Bachelor’s degree course in data science is generally a 3-4 years course. B.Sc in data Science is a 3-year program whereas BTech in data science is a 4-year program divided into 8 semesters.
For a bachelor’s degree in Data Science, you must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Science Stream. The minimum qualifying mark is 55% in class 12th and it varies from one to one. The renowned institutes like IITs require 60% marks in 12th for sitting in the JEE advance and mains.
The average fee of a Bachelor’s Degree course in Data Science ranges from ₹1.5 lacs to 5 lacs. This variation depends based on the course and institute. For instance, B.Sc in data science from SRIHER Chennai will cost you ₹2,25,000 and the same from KR Mangalam University will cost you ₹3,10,000.
- B.Sc in Data Science
- BCA in Data Science
- Bachelor of Data Science
- Bachelor’s program in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- BTech in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
- BSc in Programming and Data Science
Masters Data Science Courses in India
The duration of a Master’s course in Data Science is 2 Years divided into 4 semesters. The candidate must have completed a bachelor’s in data science with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.
The average fee of a Master’s Degree course in Data Science ranges from ₹70k lacs to 10 lacs. This variation depends based on course and institute. For example, M.Sc in data science from Fergusson College, Mumbai will cost you ₹1,20,000 and M.Tech in Data Science from IIT Hyderabad will cost you ₹9,00,000. The list of data science master’s courses is here:
- M.Sc in Data Science
- M.Sc in Data Science and Analytics
- MBA in Data Science and Analytics
- M.Tech in Data Science
- MCA in Data Science
Best Post-Graduate Data Science Diploma Course in India
The duration of a PG diploma course in Data Science is 2 Years which can either be divided into 4 semesters or can be yearly. For a PG diploma in Data Science, the candidate must have completed a bachelor’s in data science with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.
The average fee of a PG Diploma course in Data Science ranges between ₹2 lacs to 5 lacs. This variation depends based on course and institute. For example, the Post Graduate Program in Data Science at Purdue University will cost you ₹2,25,000 and the same from Jigsaw Academy will cost you ₹4,95,000.
- Postgraduate Program in Data Science, Purdue University
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Data Science, Praxis Business School
- Advanced Program in Data Science
- Post Graduate Program in Data Analytics
- PG Diploma Program in Data Science and Business Analytics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science, Jigsaw Academy
Top Data Science Courses and Certification Online
There are no strictly defined eligibility criteria for a certificate course in Data Science. You just need to log in to select the course, pay the fee and start your classes accordingly. A candidate with little or no experience in programming and data science can pursue a certificate course in data science.
The duration of a certificate course in Data Science can be between 5 months to one year depending upon the course curriculum. The fee for a certificate course in data science can vary between ₹300-₹ 20,000 based on the course and platform. For instance, fees for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp with R on Udemy are ₹385, and Data Science: Foundations using R Specialization on Coursera is ₹2,900 per month.
- Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp with R
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp
- Machine Learning A-Z: Hands-On Python & R In Data Science
- The Data Science Course 2022: Complete Data Science Bootcamp
- R Programming A-Z: R For Data Science With Real Exercises
- Statistics for Data Science and Business Analysis
- Data Science A-Z: Real-Life Data Science
- Python A-Z: Python For Data Science With Real Exercises
- Complete Machine Learning & Data Science Bootcamp 2022
- Advanced Certificate Programme in Data Science
- Professional Certificate Programme in Data Science for Business Decision Making
Top Colleges for Best Data Science Courses for Beginners
Are you searching for the top institutes or universities or colleges in your country to offer data science courses? Then, here is the list of data science courses offered by colleges and universities in India.
- IIT Madras
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- SASTRA University, Thanjavur
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal
- Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
- Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Jain University, Bangalore
Best data science courses Online platforms
There are so many online portals that help passionate students to study their dream courses like data science courses. If you are interested in online courses in data science then check out the below list and apply for the course in the platform that suits you
- Scaler Academy
Also See: Data Management Courses
Top Recruiters for Data Science Course
The following list of top companies will hire fresher candidates and experienced ones who completed their degrees in data science.
- Mercedes Benz Research and Development
- JP Morgan
- Boston Consulting Group
- Airtel X Labs
Must See: How to Become a Data Scientist in India
Career Opportunities for Certified Candidate in Data Science
Below are some of the main career prospects that candidates who got certified in data science can crack and fly high in their career:
- Data Scientist
- Application Architect
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Architect
- Clinical Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Actuarial Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Software Developer Analyst
Average Salary after Data Science Programs in India
The average salary after pursuing a data science course varies between ₹4 lacs per annum to ₹10 lacs per annum. However, the average salary tends to differ depending upon the role you’re looking after. For example, the average salary of a Data Scientist is ₹7-8 lacs and that of a software developer analyst is ₹5-6 lacs.
Also Check: Data Scientist Course Details
FAQs on Best Data Science Courses with Placement
1. What does a data scientist do?
A data scientist extracts the information from unorganized and unstructured data and analyzes it to forecast the trend and mine other relevant interpretations to apply across various domains.
2. What are the data science courses available for working professionals?
Here is the list of the data science courses available for working professionals:
- Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp
- Python for Everybody Specialization
- Applied Data Science with Python Specialization
- Learn SQL Basics for Data Science Specialization
- Data Visualization with Tableau Specialization by UC Davis
- Data Science Specialization by Johns Hopkins University (JHU)
3. Which is the best course for Data Science?
The top 10 Data Science Courses in 2021 are:
- The Complete Machine Learning Course with Python
- Data Science: Machine Learning.
- Intro to Machine Learning with PyTorch.
- HarvardX’s Data Science Professional Certificate.
- Introduction to Machine Learning Course.
- Columbia’s Artificial Intelligence MicroMasters Program.
In this article on Best Data Science Courses, we have covered all the information to the best of our knowledge. The article covers the key points of various data science courses like UG level courses, PG level courses, and certificate courses together with the essential information like eligibility criteria, course fees, career options, and Average Salary.
If you have any doubts or queries regarding the article, comment below. For more such informative articles stay tuned to our website.