Yoga Diploma Course: A diploma in yoga is an extensive study on the yogic disciplines that govern life. While yoga is beneficial for everyone, it can also be an integral part of a person’s recovery from surgery or illness. It elevates the body’s natural life force, which is known as Kundalini.
At the physical level, yoga involves performing various poses known as sanas. It also uses mental techniques such as breathing exercises and meditation. Yoga is an ancient art of balancing your mind and body.
It has proved beneficial in healing and aligning the mind and body, and elevating the overall well-being of an individual. Thus, a Yoga Diploma Course can further enhance your knowledge of yoga while further providing career opportunities. In this article, we will discuss the various aspects of yoga courses and the opportunities it provides.
About Diploma In Yoga Course Details
India is home to many yoga practitioners who are teaching the ancient practice worldwide. There are also various diploma and certificate courses that are available in the country to help individuals learn yoga. These courses can be taken for a short duration of up to a year.
The students will be provided with complete knowledge of Yogasana, Mudras, Bandhas, Pranayama, and Yogic Therapy. The prospect of a Diploma Yoga course is very good. The diploma in yoga course is designed in such a way that it provides the students with both physiological and psychological aspects of the subject. Through written practice, theory, and training, the students will gain a deep understanding of the various aspects of yoga.
It helps one maintain a healthy lifestyle and promotes relaxation. Various job opportunities in colleges and universities as a Yoga instructor are available after a Diploma course in Yoga. The average salary for these job profiles ranges from INR 2,00,000 to INR 16,00,000 per annum.
- Highlights of Diploma in Yoga by Government
- Importance Of Yoga Diploma Course
- Skill Set Required To Apply For A Diploma Course In Yoga
- Application Process for Yoga Diploma Course Online
- Diploma in Yoga Syllabus
- List Of Top Yoga Diploma Colleges in India with Fees
- Diploma Course In Yoga Job Opportunities
- Top Recruiters for Diploma in Yoga Distance Education
- Salary Offered for Yoga Instructors in India
- What is the use of a diploma in Yoga?
- Is Yoga a Good Career?
- What should I do after my yoga diploma course?
Below is a comprehensive table to provide a clear understanding of the different requirements and prospects of the Yoga Diploma Course.
|Course Name||Diploma In Yoga|
|Course Fee||INR 7500- INR 45,000|
|Course Duration||6 months- 1year|
|Job profile||Programme Officer, Yoga Instructor, Assistant Research Officer Publication Officer (Yoga), etc.|
|Salary offered||INR 2,00,000 –INR 16,00,000|
The yoga diploma course is a comprehensive study of the ancient yogic disciples. This article focuses on the scope, history, institutes, and other factors important to the course. Many universities have now introduced this subject to reflect upon our past traditions.
Mental health has been the subject of many studies in India, but the effects of yoga are not as apparent in the physical world. This discipline originated in India. It has been acknowledged as a comprehensive approach to mental and physical health.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has recognized yoga as a type of therapeutic system. A good Yoga instructor can change people’s lives for good, thus, it is imperative that they are well taught and trained.
A good yoga instructor can transform a person’s life. Aside from having the necessary knowledge and skills in asanas, a good yoga instructor also needs to possess a deep understanding of breathing patterns and the basic principles of yoga.
- Ability to properly teach and demonstrate asanas and yogas
- Good speaker and listener.
- Helpful mindset
- Proper knowledge of the subject
- Coordination and learning abilities
Students need to register for the diploma in yoga courses online as an initial part of admission. They need to complete the application form and upload all the necessary documents.
The payment of application fee should be done online. For final submission to the concerned application for the yoga diploma course, you are good to go.
The core curriculum of yoga includes various types of asanas and various yogic practices. Aspirants can also learn about the various breathing techniques that can be utilized for better asanas. The detailed course curriculum is as follows;
- Sun salutation
- Basic yoga postures
- Postural alignment
- Deep relaxation with autosuggestion
- Release of blocked energy
- Asana variations, from intermediate to advanced level
- Expanding the capacity of the lungs
- Awakening the inner spiritual energy
- Kapalabhati (lung cleansing exercise)
- Relaxing the nervous system
- Balancing the two hemispheres of the brain
- Anuloma Viloma (alternate nostril breathing)
- Purifying the nadis (subtle energy channels)
- The three bandhas: Jalandhara, Moola, Uddiyana
- Ujjayi, Surya Bheda, Bhastrika, Sitali, Sitkari, Bhramari
- Samanu (mental cleansing of the Nadis)
4. Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to the major body systems
- Yoga and physical culture
- The effects of asanas and pranayama on the cardiovascular system, respiration, digestion, skeletal and muscular systems, endocrine system
- The eight systems of the body
- Diet and nutrition
5. Karma and Reincarnation
- The law of action and reaction
- The law of compensation
- The law of retribution
- Destiny and self-effort
6. Teaching practice
- How to teach the 12 basic postures and breathing exercises
- Setting up a proper environment for class
- Beginners’ Course
- Advanced Postures
- Yoga for Children
- Yoga for Older Citizens
- Yoga for Pregnancy
The following table covers the list of top colleges offering Yoga Courses in Diploma. Also, you can find out the diploma in yoga course fees in the below table along with college names.
|Colleges||Courses||Fee in INR|
|Uttarakhand Open University||Diploma in Yogic Science||Rs 22,000|
|Devi Ahalya Vishwavidyalaya||Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy
Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga
|Lovely Professional University||Diploma in Yoga||Rs 59,000|
|Chandigarh University||Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Education||Rs 40,000|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Pune||Diploma in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences||Rs 25,000|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyay, Gorakhpur||Diploma in Yoga||NA|
|Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi||Post Graduate Diploma in Naturopathy and Yoga||Rs 22,000|
|school of Ayurveda||Diploma in Yoga and Naturopathy
Diploma in Yogic Science
- Yoga Instructor: A yoga teacher can introduce various kinds of yoga positions to his or her students. The instructor also focuses on developing the breathing techniques of the participants. Most of the time, a yoga teacher is also a specialist in teaching pregnant women and people with arthritis.
- Yoga Therapist: A yoga therapist helps people with various physical problems such as back pain, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Aside from these, she or he also needs to be trained to deal with other emotional issues such as depression.
- Yoga advisor: A yoga advisor is a person who helps people start their journey by guiding them through the various steps of starting a yoga practice. They also inform them about the various classes and exercises that they can take.
- Yoga therapist: A yoga therapist helps people with various physical problems such as back pain, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Aside from these, she or he also needs to be trained to deal with other emotional issues such as depression.
- Yoga specialist: A specialist in yoga is usually trained to deal with specific kinds of injuries and conditions. Some people, for instance, want to become yoga teachers for pregnant women. Numerous studies are currently being conducted on the effects of yoga on various conditions, such as cancer and diabetes.
Yoga enthusiasts can try out their skills anywhere in the following places
- Government Schools
- Ayush Ministry
- Private Schools
- Yoga and Naturopathy colleges or institutions
- Center Research Centers
- Fitness Centers
- Health clubs
- Corporate offices
- Religious Institutes
- Community and recreation centers
- Private Yoga classes
- Non-Profit Organizations
This field is a flourishing one for students with a master’s in yoga. As a result, many of them earn a handsome salary. The average salary is INR 2-4 Lakh per annum depending on the recruiting body and job responsibility.
FAQs on Diploma in Yoga Short Form
A diploma in Yoga provides knowledge of the Vedic principles of yoga. It is proven to rid our bodies of ailments and increase longevity and quality of life.
Yoga is a great career choice for those who want to help people to get rid of various ailments.
Once you finish the yoga diploma course, you can see the plenty of job options in the respective employment areas like
- Yoga Therapist.
- Clinical Psychologist.
- Therapists and Naturopaths.
- Assistant Ayurvedic Doctor.
- Yoga Teacher.
- Research Officer- Yoga and Naturopathy.
- Yoga Aerobic Instructor.
- Yoga Instructor.
The above explanation about the yoga diploma courses in India will add some benefit while researching time as it is covered with the complete information regarding the course. If you are passionate about Yoga and want to help other people to make them fit and healthy irrespective of your dreams.
Make sure to check this out completely and do leave us suggestions if required about the diploma in yoga course details. Also, visit our website NCERTBooks.Guru and get a golden chance to check all the main course details articles with career one too.