Almost Every Aspirant will accept that there is no friend is as loyal as a book. However, reading to plenty of books out there in the market will only lead to confusion. In fact, it can be difficult to cover the entire syllabus in a limited amount of time. Thus, Aspirants are advised to stick to specific resources rather than going through multiple books and lack revision at the end minute.
Choose the right notes & study material and clear the most toughest Civil Service Exam too easily. You can learn what to study for the UPSC Exam by relying on the UPSC Topper Study Notes out there online. Finish the UPSC Syllabus smartly by going through the UPSC Topper Akshat Kaushal Sociology Study Notes & Material. Start preparing from these study notes and try writing your own notes whenever required.
IAS Topper Akshat Kaushal Sociology Study Notes for UPSC Preparation
For the sake of your comfort, we have compiled the Sociology Notes for both the Papers all in one place. Refer to the concepts in both the Sociology Papers as a part of your UPSC CSE Preparation. Get acquainted with the syllabus and plan your preparation in accordance. By doing so, you can stand out from the rest of the crowd and be a topper in your Civil Service Examination.
Paper-1 Contents :
- Modernity and social changes in Europe and emergence of sociology
- Protest, agitation, social movement, collective action and revolution
- Power elite, bureaucracy, pressure groups and political parties
- Nation, state, citizenship, democracy, civil society, ideology.
- Family, household and marriage + Types and forms of family + Lineage and descent
- Patriarchy and sexual division of labour
- Contemporary trends in marriage
- Sociology and other social sciences
- Sociology and Common sense
- Science, scientific method and critique
- Positivism and its critique
- Fact, value and objectivity
- Variables, sampling, hypothesis, reliability and validity
- Quantitative and qualitative methods
- Techniques of data collection
- Robert K Merton: Latent and manifest functions, conformity and deviance, and reference groups
- Mead: Self and Identity
- Karl Marx: Historical Materialism, Mode of Production, Alienation, and class struggle
- Max Weber: Social Action, Ideal types, authority, bureaucracy, protestant ethic & spirit of capitalism
- Talcott Parsons
- Emile Durkheim
- Religion and Society: Sociological theories of religion
- Religion and science
- Religious revivalism
- Religious fundamentalism
- Religious organisations:
- Millenarian movements
- Theories of social stratification: Structural-functionalist theory, Marxist theory
- Nomothetic and Ideographic
- Cultural lag theory
Click here to Download Sociology Paper 1
Paper-2 Contents :
- On the domestic violence act
- Women in IT sector
- Untouchability: Forms and Perspectives
- Challenges to Social Transformation:
- Population size, growth, composition and distribution & Components of population growth: birth, death and migration.
- Emerging issues: Ageing, sex ratios, child and infant mortality, reproductive health
- Sex ratio:
- Infant mortality rate
- Environment movements
- Women’s movements
- Dalit movement
- Backward Class movements
- Peasant and farmer movements
- Tribal movements
- Social background of Indian Nationalism
- Social reforms
- Constitution, law and social change
- Education and social change
- Idea of development planning and mixed economy: Bipan Chandra
- Social classes in India
- System of kinship in India
- Patriarchy, entitlements and sexual division of labour
- Tribal Communities in India
- Agrarian social structure: Evolution of the land tenure system and land reforms
- Modernisation of Indian Tradition
- Western Impact on India
- Idea of Indian Village and Village studies
- Land tenure system
- Features of caste system: Look at Ghurye
- Problems of a religious minority in India:
- Urbanisation in India
- Child Labour
- Informal sector
- Slums and deprivation in urban areas
Click here to Download Sociology Paper 2
Importance of Reading Akshat Kaushal Sociology Study Material for UPSC Exam
Refer to the below sections and learn the advantages of referring to UPSC Topper Akshat Kaushal Study Notes for IAS Exam Preparation. They are as follows
- You can cover the UPSC Syllabus in a smart way by referring to UPSC Topper Akshat Kaushal Sociology Study Material PDF.
- Read the verified and accurate information given by IAS Exam Topper Akshat Kaushal.
- Score better grades in the UPSC Sociology Paper by preparing from the Study Material & Notes prescribed by IAS Topper Akshat Kaushal.
- All the Concepts are explained in a simple and comprehensive manner for better understanding.
- You can download the UPSC Civil Service Examination Sociology Notes for free of cost.
- UPSC Topper Gaurav Agarwal Study Notes
- UPSC Topper Tina Dabi Markehseet and Study Notes
- UPSC Topper Anu Kumari Notes
- UPSC Topper Answer Sheet Booklets
FAQs on IAS Exam Topper Akshat Kaushal Sociology Study Notes PDF
1. Where can I find the UPSC Topper Akshat Kaushal Sociology Notes?
You can find the UPSC Topper Akshat Kaushal Sociology Notes on our page.
2. How to download the Akshat Kaushal Sociology Study Material for UPSC Exam?
All you need to do is simply tap on the quick links available for Akshat Kaushal Sociology Notes to download them.
3. Can I see Topper Akshat Kaushal Answer Sheet of UPSC Civil Service Exam to analyze Answers?
No, you can’t see as UPSC Helds the Evaluation Process Confidential and instead you can go online to check other resources available and their experiences shared regarding the UPSC Exam.
We believe the information shared regarding the UPSC Topper Akshat Kaushal Sociology Study Notes is true and genuine as far as our knowledge is concerned. In case of any questions left unanswered do leave us your queries via comment section so that our team can respond to you at the earliest possibility. Keep in touch with our site for the latest updates on UPSC Booklist, Study Notes, Preparation Strategies, etc.