Pilot Course: Many of us dream about flying a plane one day, but to make it real, you have to work hard and develop all the skills and abilities required to become a pilot. Flying a plane is not an easy job; it is a complicated procedure with little details. In order to gain expertise in this field of flying planes, you need to have degrees on flight training courses only then you will be eligible to fly out a plane.
There are a total of three courses that the candidate must have to pass in order to become a pilot and fly passenger planes. The classes are student pilot training courses, private pilot training courses, and commercial pilot training courses. With the completion of each session, the candidate will be awarded a license in order to verify the authenticity of the skills the candidate possesses in this field.
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise
The aspirants interested in flying a plane can also do a bachelor’s degree in aviation after 10+2 in science. The aspirants with a bachelor’s degree can get more chances of getting a job as a pilot than an aspirant without it. This is not a compulsory requirement, but some airlines nowadays are demanding bachelor’s degrees for a pilot to qualify for the job.
Importance of Pilot Course
Becoming a pilot is considered to be one of the coolest things around the globe. Everybody sees the positives of becoming a pilot, but no one knows about the pressure and patience required to fly a plane. The pilot must be efficient in his job and must have the necessary skills to fly a plane.
A pilot course helps a candidate to become an expert in flying planes. These courses help the candidates in becoming an efficient pilot. A pilot course develops the candidate’s skills and abilities to become a pilot in the future. The patience and skills required to deal with the pressure while flying a plane are developed in this course.
A total of 200 – 300 passengers’ lives depends upon the skills of the pilot and his/her expertise in flying a plane. Therefore a pilot course plays a vital role in making a professional pilot who can handle the complicated procedure of flying a plane.
Skills Required for A Pilot Course
Having the required skills is a must in the field of flying a plane. The candidate interested in becoming a pilot must possess all the required skills set for becoming a pilot. A candidate who lacks the skills will be disqualified from the race of becoming a pilot.
The skills required for becoming a professional pilot are:
- The candidates must be good at maths and physics with a proper understanding of both the subjects.
- The candidates must have the ability to understand different technical information regarding how an aircraft works.
- The candidates must have appropriate coordination skills so that they can adequately coordinate with their co-pilots.
- The candidates are required to be good communicators.
- The candidates must have the ability to make impulsive decisions in unwanted situations.
- The candidates must be calm in every situation so that they can deal with any mishap with a quiet mind.
- The candidates must have committed and disciplined attitudes.
- The candidates are required to have excellent leadership skills.
Pilot Course Details
Basically, for becoming a pilot, there is no need to pass any bachelor’s degree, the candidate just needs to achieve the three training licenses for becoming a pilot. But recently some airlines are demanding bachelor’s degree courses before appointing a pilot. Therefore, candidates prefer to get inducted into a bachelor’s degree course to avoid every hurdle that may come in their way of becoming a pilot.
- Bachelors Degree in Aircraft
- License Training Courses
- Student Pilot License
- Private Pilot License
- Commercial Pilot License
Bachelors Degree in Aircraft
Bachelor’s degree in aircraft operations or aviation is the course preferred by the candidates. These courses have recently gained their popularity because of their demand among the candidates pursuing a career in aeronautics. This course is an addition to the training licenses you have to achieve to become a professional pilot.
Duration: The duration of a bachelor’s degree in aviation is three years. In some countries, the duration may be more like the USA, where the duration of this course is four to six years. It varies according to the policies of the countries.
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% mark with English, Physics, and Mathematics as the main subjects.
- Candidates who have done a three-year diploma course in engineering/technology
- Candidates having a diploma in information technology/computer technology/computer engineering after passing there 12th
Fee structure: The candidate may spend up to a maximum cost of 1 lakh to pursue this course. The fee will depend upon the institute the candidate is taking admission into.
- Colleges: Some of the institutes providing this course are:
- Pune Institute of Aviation Engineering
- Hindustan Institute Of Technology and Science
- Thakur College of Science and Commerce
License Training Courses
To become an eligible professional pilot to fly a plane, the candidate needs to have a license just like people need a driver’s license to drive a car. But in case of becoming a pilot, the candidate needs to obtain three licenses after having completed proper training for the same. Each phase of training will contribute a part in developing the skills of the candidate.
Let’s discuss the three licenses required for flying a plane:
Student Pilot License
This is the first step for the candidate on his way of becoming a professional pilot. A candidate can easily apply for the student pilot license easily, and it is not as complicated as the other licenses. In order to qualify for getting these licenses, a candidate has to go through a training course. This course does not include any flight training, as this is an intermediate course and is meant for learning the basics.
Duration: This course takes approximately seven weeks to get completed.
- The candidate’s age must not be less than 16 years.
- The candidate must have passed the 10th or any equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- The candidate must medically fit.
The candidate must have to pass an oral exam conducted by the DGCA in order to get qualified for getting a student pilot license. The questions are asked on the following subjects:
- Air Regulation
- Air Navigation
- Aviation Meteorology
- Aircraft and engines ( General & Specific)
Private Pilot License
This is the second license that a candidate has to obtain for becoming a professional pilot. After getting this license, a candidate is allowed to fly a private plane. The training course for this license includes flight training also.
Duration: This course can take 6 – 8 months to get completed
- The candidate must not be less than 17 years of age.
- The candidate must possess a medical assessment certificate from DGCA.
The candidate has to pass some conditions to get approved for getting this license:
- The candidate must have a minimum of 40 hours of flying, out of which there should be 20 hours of solo flying.
- The candidate must have to pass a written test of some subjects including Air Regulation, Air Navigation, Aviation Meteorology and Aircraft & Engines ( General & Specific)
- The candidate has to pass a flying test.
Commercial Pilot License
After obtaining this license, a candidate will become a verified professional pilot with approval to fly commercial passenger planes. For getting this license, the candidate is again required to go through a training course.
Duration: This training course may take 1 – 2 years to get completed
- The candidate must not be less than 18 years of age.
In order to get this license, the candidate has to pass the following terms :
- The candidate must have minimum flying hours of 200 hours within a period of 5 years.
- The candidate must pass a written exam on air regulation, air navigation, aviation meteorology, aircraft & engines, and radiotelephone.
- The candidate has to pass all the flying tests led down by the DGCA.
Pilot Course Fee Structure
The pilot course is one of the expensive courses in the world. Institutes charge around 45 lakh to 60 lakh for the pilot training course. This course includes all the three training licenses. But there are some government institutes which cost less for making the course affordable for the masses
Salary of a Pilot
Being a pilot can pay the candidates a lot more money than the other job profiles. A pilot’s starting salary is 1 lakh per month, which will go up to 10 lakh monthly with the pilot’s experience and increase in flying hours.
FAQ’s on Pilot Course
Is being a pilot a good job?
As we all know, being a pilot can pay somebody more money than other jobs; therefore, the pilot is an excellent choice for pursuing a career.
What are the top institutes for the pilot training course?
- Government Aviation Training Institute
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Academy
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club
- Ahmedabad Aviation & Aeronautics Ltd
How many licenses do you need to become a pilot?
Candidates are required to have three licenses for becoming a professional pilot.