M.Pharm Course Details: For students, who wish to do post-graduation studies in the Pharmacy field, they are on the right website. Get to know the best books for M.Pharmacy recommended by subject experts to make your preparation effective. Get detailed information about M.Pharm courses related information like M.Pharm Full Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admission Procedures, and names of Colleges offering M.Pharm Course. In addition, the information provided on this site will clear all your ambiguities like Job and Career Prospects, M.Pharm Syllabus, Subjects, Salary Offered.
- About M.Pharmacy Courses
- M.Pharmacy Course Details
- Mater of Pharmacy Admission Process
- M.Pharm Course Eligibility Criteria
- M.Pharmacy Course Duration
- Fee Structure of M.Pharm Courses
- M.Pharm Course Syllabus
- List of Colleges Offering M. Pharm Course
- M. Pharm Subjects
- Pharmacy Entrance Exams
- Pharmacy Specialization Courses
- Pharmacy Jobs and Career Prospects
- Required Skillset for M. Pharmacy Course Details
- M.Pharmacy Salary
- What are the branches of M. Pharm, which is most opted?
- Which are the top National level exams for M. Pharm in India?
- What is the eligibility for admission in the M. Pharm course?
- What is the M. Pharm course duration?
- Is the entrance exam appearance necessary for the M. Pharm course?
- Final Words of M.Pharm Course Details
Get to Know More about other types of Course Details in Stream wise, and Category wise
Master of Pharmacy is a post-graduate degree in Pharmaceuticals Science related fields. It is a two years degree program distributed in four semesters. The post-graduate Pharmacy course is structured to provide knowledge regarding the entire theoretical, technical, practical, and researched aspects of the subjects.
The M.Pharm degree offers students several high post job opportunities in the healthcare industry. The post-graduation course of Pharmacy equips students with the necessary skills to work in drug research, manufacturing, and sales.
|M. Pharm Full form||Master of Pharmacy|
|Eligibility & Requirement||50% or equivalent CGPA in B.Pharm|
|M. Pharm Course Course Fee||30K- 1.75 Lakh Per Annum|
|Starting Salary Offered||4-7 Lakh Per Annum|
|Employment Opportunities||Senior Pharmacist, Manager, Scientist|
The admission process is based on the candidate’s performance in the Entrance Examinations. However, some colleges offer direct admission, i.e., candidates can get admission to Master of Pharmacy in some private universities without having to appear in any entrance exams.
A student must be a graduate of B.Pharm Courses with a minimum of 50% CGPA or equivalent marks to be eligible for the post-graduate program. The eligibility criteria might differ slightly from one college to another based on their cut-offs.
The M.Pharm post-graduation course span includes a total of four semesters. Each semester lasts for about six months in which the candidates will be provided both theoretical and practical knowledge.
Average Fee Structure for M.Pharmacy Course lies somewhere in between 30K to 1.75 Lakh Per Annum based on the college standards. The entrance exam taken by the candidate to get admission will also be a factor in the fees deviation.
The Course Syllabus followed in most universities and colleges for the Master of Pharmacy Curriculum, remains the same. However, there can be a minor change in the syllabus from one college to another. Refer to the Master of Pharmacy Syllabus and get to know the concepts you can start learning and preparing for in advance. Learning concepts in advance will give students a headstart advantage. Check the M.Pharm Subjects provided below as per the Semesters so that you can plan your preparation accordingly.
- Modern Analytical Techniques
- Advance in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
- Chemistry of Medical Natural Product
- Pathophysiology and Pharmacotherapeutics I
- Organic Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Formulation Design and Development
- Pharmacokinetic and Formulation Design
- Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology
- Standardization and Stabilization Method of Drugs
- Standardization and Stabilization Method of Herbal Formulation
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Organic Chemistry II
- Advance in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Advance Systematic Pharmacology
- Special Techniques in Drug Analysis
- Evaluation of Herbal Drugs and Formulations
- Pathophysiology and Pharmacotherapeutics II
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry I
- Design and Development of Novel Drug Delivering System
- Pharmacometrics and Evaluation of Drugs
- Validation & cGMP
- Biotechnology and Cultivation of Medicinal Plants
- Clinical Research and Approval of New Drugs
- Pharmaceutics Chemistry II
- Clinical Pharmacotherapeutics and Toxicology
- Seminar of Recent Subject in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Seminar on Dissertation (Introduction)
- Thesis and Viva
Pharm Course is available in many colleges across the country. These are some famous colleges that provide the Master of Pharmacy Course, which can help you choose easily. The list includes:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
- Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Delhi
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Al Shifa College of Pharmacy, Perinthalmanna
- Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Aditya Bangalore Institute of Education and Research, Bangalore
- AKS University, Madhya Pradesh
- AM Reddy Memorial College of Pharmacy, Andhra Pradesh
- Anurag Pharmacy College, Andhra Pradesh
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Babaria Institute of Pharmacy, Gujarat
- Bapuji Pharmacy College, Karnataka
- Bhupal Nobles College of Pharmacy, Udaipur
- Chaudhary Bansi Lal University, Bhiwani
- CMR College of Pharmacy, Hyderabad
Core subjects that are in the Master of Pharmacy course are listed below. Except for slight variations based on some colleges, most subjects remain constant.
- Drug Regulatory Affairs
- Biological Evaluation
- Product Development and Formulation
- Novel Drug Delivery Systems
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
The cut-off marks for the application in M. Pharm varies from institute to institute. Some of the entrance exams that occur for the college entrance of M. Pharm in India are listed below:
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
- Andhra Pradesh for Post Graduate Engineering Common entrance test (AP PGECET)
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)
- Telangana State for Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS PGECET)
- Orissa Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)
- Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test (HPCET)
- Birla Institute of Technological Science entrance test (BITS HD)
- NIPER Joint Entrance Exam (NIPER JEE)
These are some of the specialization courses that you can choose:
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmacy Practice
Master of Pharmacy offers excellent job prospects and options for the career to the deserving students. These are some of the employment opportunities in various companies and industries of employment:
- Medical Representatives
- Clinical Researchers
- Drug Control Director
- Oncology Research
Candidates can also check Pharm.D Courses Details.
|Communication skills and Interpersonal skills||Persuasive and curiosity skills|
|Science wizard and technical skills||Counselling and therapeutic skills|
|Consistency and determinant skills||Medicinal and scientific research skills|
|Business skills including marketing and organizing||Sharp memory and wicked knowledge|
|Ethics and medical writing||Adaptation ability for dynamic situations|
The salary varies from firm to firm, which is offered to the M. Pharmacy Candidates. On an average, a pharmacist can earn up to INR 2.5 Lakhs per Annum; a medical representative generally earns INR 3 lakh per annum, a clinical researcher can earn INR 3.5 lakh per annum, a drug control director can earn INR 6 lakh per annum. The salary for the Oncology researcher varies according to Government standards.
FAQ’s on M.Pharm Course Details
All the M. Pharm branches and the different specializations have respectable prospects for each student in the Pharmacy field. However, the best M. Pharm specialization depends on the interest of the student. There are many specializations in India in the field of M. Pharm, mainly Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Quality Analysis, or even pharmacovigilance.
GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) and the NIPER JEE are considered to be the most popular and essential entrance exams for M. Pharm held at the national level. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the GPAT exam. The GPAT scores are accepted by most of the institutes all over India, which are All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) approved.
An M. Pharm aspirant should be a B. Pharm degree holder from an institute validated by the PCI, also known as Pharmacy Council of India and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). The aspirants should have score minimum of 50% for the general candidates and 45% for the reserved category candidates.
The course duration for M. Pharm is for two years, divided into four semesters. The last two semesters include a dissertation work presentation.
Most of the institutes of Pharmaceutical in India accept candidates who have passed the entrance exams and have a GPAT score. If you want to pursue M. Pharm from a reputed Institute, the entrance exam is a must. NIPER JEE is also a vital entrance exam for the M. Pharm course applicants in various branches across seven institutes in India.
We hope that the data provided was useful in clearing your doubts regarding M.Pharm course details. In case of any further queries, drop a comment in the comment section, and our team will try to revert as earliest as possible. It is suggested to bookmaker our website for more information on Study Material, Notes, Books, etc.