Merchant Navy Courses after 12th Science: Trading is an important part of the development of the economic situation of every country. There are several transported throughout the boundaries of the world. Thus for these prospects, the merchant navy plays an important role.
Merchant Navy Job creates a lot of opportunities as the merchants are required for all time. It also provides a lucrative salary and in addition to that, you will get a chance to travel across the globe. The job will be adventurous as well as interesting.
Here, in this article, we are ready to help you by providing the latest information related to the Merchant Navy Courses. Know the ways how you can join the merchant navy in the best possible way.
- About Merchant Navy Courses after 12th Science
- Merchant Navy Eligibility after Class 12 Science
- Medical Eligibility For Merchant Navy
- Merchant Navy Entrance Exam
- List Of Merchant Navy Courses after 12th Science
- Merchant Navy Courses After 12th Fees
- Top Colleges for Merchant Navy Courses in India | How to Join Merchant Navy after 12th Science?
- Set of Skills Required for Merchant Navy Officers
- Merchant Navy Courses Syllabus
- Career Scope for Merchant Navy After 12th Science
- Merchant Navy Salary after 12th Science
- What are the top companies hiring merchant navy officers?
- For how long did Merchant Navy Officers stay on the ship?
- Are Merchant navy Employees given any training?
About Merchant Navy Courses after 12th Science
Some people get confused between the merchant navy and the Indian Navy. The Merchant Navy specifically deals with the trade of commercial goods and services whereas the Indian Navy is linked with the defense services for the country.
Merchant Navy has been considered the backbone of our economy. However, a career in this field is quite challenging and you need to put your 100% time and effort, but then the rewards are amazing too. Without the Merchant Navy, the trade of goods across the globe is not at all possible. Thus to get a job in the merchant navy you can choose amazing career courses of your choice.
The eligibility for the Merchant navy Courses is that you must have attained education in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as your main subjects in class 12th. The merchant navy age limit for the candidates must be between 17 years to 25 years.
You must have secured 60% marks in your class 12th including your main subjects as informed above. It is also mandatory for the students to hold a ship training course before joining the merchant navy. Thus, after clearing the entrance examinations you need to appear for the medical tests.
- You must have a normal vision which is 6/6 in both eyes.
- You must have a physical fitness certificate from the legal authorities
- The candidate must have a proper hearing
The entrance exams are an important process to join the merchant navy. After the completion of your class XII you need to appear for the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) or the All India Merchant Navy Entrance Exam. You can also appear for JEE, MERI Entrance Exam, and TIMSAT.
You can join the following courses after the completion of your class 12th from a science background to join Merchant Navy:
- B.E. Petroleum Engineering
- B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.E. Harbor & Ocean Engineering
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Sc. Nautical Science
- B.E. Civil Engineering
- B.E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- B.E. Marine Engineering
- B.Sc. Marine Catering
- Electro-Technical Officer Course
The fees for merchant navy courses depend on the course profile, course duration, and the colleges. The average fees charged for the merchant navy courses may vary from Rs 3 lakhs to Rs 15 Lakhs.
There are top government and private colleges in India which offer courses for the merchant navy. These courses are offered through the latest technology by the professors. You can have a look at the top merchant navy colleges in India:
|CMC Maritime Academy|
|Cosmopolitan Technology of Maritime|
|HIMT College Hindustan Institute Of Maritime Training Pre-Sea Training Center|
|Chidambaram Institute of Maritime Technology|
|Chennai School of Ship Management|
|C.V. Raman College of Engineering|
|Balaji Seamen Training Institute|
|School of Seamanship and Nautical Technology|
|Hindustan Institute Of Maritime Training Post Sea Training Centre|
A Merchant Navy job is not a piece of cake. Getting a job requires a lot of effort in the same way you need to perform your tasks. Thus, to perform those tasks, you need to pursue some skills which can be:
- Planning and decision making
- Passion for Sailing
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Interest in water adventure
The syllabus for merchant navy courses is similar for all the colleges. But the ways colleges take them per semester are quite different. So, you can have a list of core subjects that you will find while studying the merchant navy courses:
- Ship Operation Technology
- Marine Auxiliary Machine
- Marine Machines and System Design
- Shipping Management
- Marine IC Engineering
- Marine Boiler and System Engineering
- Cargo Machine and Marine Communication
- Naval Architecture
- Voyage Planning and Collision Prevention
- STCW and Ship Fire Prevention
- Marine Heat Engines and Air Conditioning
- Principles of Navigation
- Maritime Law
- Marine Electrical Technology
- Electrical Machines
- Nautical Physics and Electronics Paper
- Environmental Science
- Mechanics of Fluids
Merchant Navy creates a lot of career possibilities for the students who have completed the required degree domain in their respective fields. Not only in India but also abroad the high profile jobs are available in the merchant navy.
Thus, the high profile job is waiting in the field of the merchant navy.
- Deck officer
- Electro-technical officer
- Catering & hospitality crew
- Trainee Cadet
- Deck Cadet
- 2nd Officer
- 3rd Officer
- Chief Officer and Cadet.
The salary for merchant navy officers depends on their job profile. The basic salary ranges from Rs 75,000 to Rs 75,00,000. For experienced people, it can go higher than this. You can have a look at the job profile based on salaries.
|Job Profile||Salary Structure|
|2nd Officer||Rs 5 Lakhs|
|3rd Officer||Rs 7 Lakhs|
|Captain||Rs 10 Lakhs|
|Chief Officer||Rs 6 Lakhs|
|Deck Cadet||Rs 1 Lakhs|
|Trainee||Rs 8 Lakhs|
FAQs on Courses for Merchant Navy Courses After 12th Science
Ans. The top companies which hire merchant navy officers are the shipping corporation of India ltd, Essar shipping ltd, the great eastern shipping companies, Bharti defense and infrastructure limited, Varun shipping, and more.
Ans. Along with the officers, the whole crew is required to stay on the ship. It takes around 4 months for them and then replacement happens. However, the replacement is completely dependent on availability.
Ans. Yes, the students need to undergo pre-sea training. This is given in the maritime training institute. The duration can be around 6 months to 1 year which depends on the job profile. However, everyone who joins the merchant navy is entitled to this training process.
Thus, we have tried to include all the important details about the Merchant navy courses after 12th science. Still, if you have any doubts then Ncertbooks.Guru is always ready to help you. You can ask your doubts regarding other course details or else suggest new & missed courses in the comment section below so we will update them asap.