Importance of Co-Curricular Activities Essay: An ideal school gives to students the scope and the spirit of healthy competition — to excel at all levels. Classwork and the homework given by teachers have their academic importance; in this also one who excels wins the praise and appreciation from the teachers. But academic distinctions alone do not fulfill all the purpose for which the school exists.
- 10 Lines on Importance of Co-Curricular Activities
- What is the meaning of co-curricular activities?
- What are the benefits of co-curricular activities?
- Why are co curricular activities important in schools colleges and universities?
- What is the importance of co-curricular activities in education?
Long Essay on Importance of Co Curricular Activities 500+ Words in English
Below we have given a long essay on the Importance of Co-Curricular Activities of 500+ words is helpful for classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 and Competitive Exam Aspirants. This long essay on the topic is suitable for students of class 1 to class 10, and also for competitive exam aspirants.
A school is the workshop of life-building in which the raw material is the nascent mind of young pupils. The principal, the teachers are the moulders of this raw material into the ideal mould. For this process, many more activities, other than the classroom ones, are needed to fulfill the purpose. A young pupil might have the potential and the natural talent to excel in games and sports and he needs to go to the playfield and the sports ground for the purpose.
There can be students whose natural bent of mind is towards creative art and the art room is his field where he needs to be given the chance to exhibit his potential. Even little children of the nursery or the primary classes can draw such lines and make such figures which may amaze an on-looker and may be led to exclaim — ‘What an idea, how could he imagine this?’ One cannot and does not know how much talent in what direction lies in a child’s brain.
This can only come out when he or she is given that opportunity. The school has to provide such chances and explore out the pearls from the sea-depths of the young mind. Art competitions of different levels of students are activities that need to be arranged and the excellence in that to be rewarded and encouraged.
There are boys and girls who have a knack of oration. They have in them an amount of self-confidence that they can face spectators and audience. Elocution contests and debates offer them the chance to exhibit this latent talent of theirs. Such inter-class or inter-school competitions should regularly be held which would further them to become good debaters — who know, they may one day become parliamentarians and what they have gained during their school days may place them in good stead in that field.
Cultural shows, dramatic performances, and mono-actings are events which schools generally hold and it is so necessary for schools to hold them. That is also a part of total education. Taking part in such events gives children a sense of self-confidence and embellishes their accomplishments which they possess or can even develop.
Anything, any activity which helps in the development of the total personality of a young boy or girl is a part of education and competitions, the effort to excel from others, is an incentive which must be provided to a young mind. Such an opportunity is offered to them only through such cultural and extracurricular activities. Opening up of personality, developing the latent talents; promotion of the intellectual effort and an opportunity of healthy competition — all these are factors which an educational institution should always encourage only when it does this, it fulfills its role in the total education of the young.
Students can find more English Essay Writing Topics, Ideas, Easy Tips to Write Essay Writing and many more.
- Classwork and homework have their academic importance.
- The school is a workshop in which the raw material the young student’s mind is to be moulded in the overall proportionate mould.
- There can be students whose mind is more bent towards creative art-drawing, painting, or music.
- This can only come out when he or she is given that opportunity.
- The school has to provide such chances and explore out the pearls from the sea-depths of the young mind.
- The school is to search out the pearl from the ocean depth of the mind and give it a shape and the design.
- Co Curricular Activities help students to develop problem-solving, reasoning, critical thinking, creative thinking, communication, and collaborative abilities.
- These kinds of activities with the academic curriculum so that students develop skills beyond the knowledge of subjects.
- Co Curricular Activities, when merged with academics, will help students learn effectively.
- Extracurricular activities of all forms debates, elocution contests, quiz contests, dramatic performances painting — competitions — make up for the total education.
FAQs on Importance of Co-Curricular Activities Essay
Co-curricular refers to activities, programs, and learning experiences that complement, in some way, what students are learning in school.
- Social Skills and Relationship-Building.
- Time Management Skills
- Exploring a Plethora of Interests
- Developing Self-Esteem
Typically, co-curricular activities are carried out outside the normal classrooms but they supplement academic curriculum and help in learning by doing. These activities help students to develop problem-solving, reasoning, critical thinking, creative thinking, communication, and collaborative abilities.
Co-curricular Activities are a very important part and parcel of educational institutions to develop the students’ personality as well as to strengthen classroom learning.
Grandpa Fights an Ostrich Summary