Being an author or writer is not an easy task. You need to practice writing articles every day to become a good writer. Writing is not similar to other jobs you have to think a lot and have writing skills to be a writer. Find the best creative writing courses in India from this article. Candidates can have a chance to work from home also by making writing a career. If you are really interested then you can know to get the information on how to become a writer in India. Get the complete details on making a career as a writer such as course details, skills required, tools used to write articles, types of writer and salary, etc.
- Eligibility to become a writer in India
- Skills Required to Become a writer
- Tools Required to become a writer
- Tips to become a writer
- Top Colleges that offer writing courses in India
- What Courses to take to become a Writer?
- Career in Writing in India
- Job Opportunities for writers
- Salary for Writer in India
- Study Material to become a writer
- Pros & Cons of Becoming a Writer
- How much does a writer earn in India?
- How can I start a writing career in India?
- How can I become a writer after 12th?
If you love to become a writer then you have to meet the eligibility criteria provided by the organization. Remember that you need to have an English graduation degree. If you are good at writing articles then you will be eligible to become a writer. Check out the eligibilities given below and know whether you are suitable for this job or not.
- It is necessary that the candidates must have completed +2 with an aggregate of 65% marks from the state or central board of education.
- You should have completed a Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication from any recognized institution.
- Must have wonderful communication skills.
Candidates must have some special skills to become a writer. They are as follows,
- Communication skills
- Creative writing skills
- Knowledge on language
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of media production
- Thinking ability and creative ideas
To become a good writer one must have to know the essential things that are required to write the content. Knowledge of tools that are used to detect grammatical errors, plagiarism. There are specific tools to use to become a writer.
- When you are writing a paragraph you will observe spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes. To avoid those mistakes you can use Grammarly tools to detect grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. With the help of this tool, the quality of the content will be improved and easy to understand for the users.
- There is another tool called plagiarism tool that is used to check whether the content is unique or copied. You can use this tool after writing the content, test your article, and check uniqueness.
- Some of the articles are written in the WordPress tool that has different modes of writing by using the text and special characters.
Follow the below-given tips to become a good writer.
- Make a habit of reading books every day that helps to improve your language.
- Watch English movies so that you can know how to frame a sentence.
- Try to write small articles daily in different journals.
In this section, we are going to see the top institutions that offer writing courses in India. You have an option to join the courses either online or offline.
- British Council of India – Delhi, and Kolkata
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning
- Xavier Institute of Communications – Mumbai
- TBS, The Brand Salon, Mumbai
- Leads Academy
- Oxford University
- Commonwealth Education Trust
- University of British Columbia
- Wesleyan University
- University of Michigan
There are different types of writers in India they are content writers, article writers, technical writers, copywriters, scriptwriters, novelists, etc.
- Content writers: There are a lot of responsibilities for a content writer. He/she will write articles on different concepts from content writing to blog writing.
- Technical writers: A technical writer is the one who will explain the product or item in a simple language that reaches the common person.
- Author: An author is responsible for writing the books. They write novels, fictional and non-fictional books for adults and children.
- Copywriters: They write advertising letters, newsletters, catalogs, etc.
- Scriptwriters: The role of the scriptwriter is to write dialogs, scenes for movies, shows, etc.
- Lyricist: A lyricist is one who writes songs for movies and other entertainment zones.
- Article writers: They are responsible for writing content on a particular topic like education, health, movie, sports, food, etc.
After completing the required courses candidates can start their careers as a writer. There are a lot of job opportunities for writers in the market as editors, content writers, freelancers, websites, media, movies, books publishing agencies, advertising agencies, technical writing, e-commerce site, and so on.
The salaries for writers will be based on the job role. The initial salary for a writer will be around 1.5 lakhs per annum and the salary of an experienced candidate is 4 lakhs per annum. The list of the salary as per the job profile are listed below.
- Technical writer: Rs. 1,50,000 to 3,50,000
- Content writer: Rs. 1,50,000 to 3,50,000
- Editors: Rs. 1,50,000 to 4,00,000
- Advertsing Agencies: Rs. 1,50,000 to 4,00,000
In this section, we are providing a list of the reference books to read to become a writer in India.
- Stein on Writing – Sol Stein
- Zen in the Art of Writing – Ray Bradbury
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content – Ann Handley
- 1001 Ways to Write Great Fiction, Get Published And Earn Your Audience – Chuck Wendig
- Flexible working hours
- Salaries will be less in the initial stages
- Sometimes it is hard to meet the deadlines
FAQs on How to become a writer
An author or writer earns Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 25,000 per month.
To start your career as a writer you should have completed a Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC) from any recognized university.
Students who have finished their +2 can go for the BJMC undergraduate course and pass with an aggregate of 50% marks.
You can become the best writer only when you practice reading and writing the articles. Hope the information that is gathered in this article regarding the topic “How to become a writer in India” is beneficial for you all. Stay in touch with our ncertbooks.guru to get the latest updates on all types of jobs.