Are you planning to make your career as a game developer or designer? If your answer is then you must know how to become a game developer in India. The game Developer job sounds very interesting and exciting, isn’t it? There are many job opportunities as a game developer in India. From this article, you can know what are the roles and responsibilities of a game developer/designer in India. Get the complete details of your career as a game developer like educational qualifications, salary, course details, top colleges list that offers multimedia courses and graphic courses, and so on.
- About Game Developer
- Eligibility to Become Game Developer
- Entrance Exams conducted for Multimedia Animation and Graphic Course in India
- Top Colleges that offer Multimedia Animation and Graphic Course
- Top Colleges that offer Computer Science Courses in India
- Types of Job Roles in Game Developer/Designer
- Responsibilities of Game Developer
- Game Development Courses in India
- Course Duration to Complete Game Developing
- Subjects for Game Development Course
- Skills Required to Become a Game Developer
- Study Material & Books to Become Game Developer
- Top Recruiting Companies for a Game Developer
- Benefits of becoming a Game Developer
- Salary of a Game Developer As per Job Designation
- How much a game developer earns in India?
- How to become a game developer in India?
- Are Game Developers in demand?
About Game Developer
A game developer will make a plan of the game as per their imagination. The duty of a game developer depends on the imagination and skills of the employee. The game design includes blueprints, designing, coding, art, and graphics to complete the project. Their work also includes testing the game by the employees before releasing it into the market. You can find the games on various platforms like mobiles, PC, virtual, and augmented reality.
Eligibility to Become Game Developer
Students who want to make their career as game developers must satisfy the eligibilities given below. Eligibility criteria involve educational qualifications and age limits. Educational qualifications include marks scored by the applicant in 12th, UG, and PG in the relevant field.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 from any recognized board.
- Advanced Diploma in Game Art & 3D Game Content Creation (or)
- Advanced Diploma in Game Design and Development Application (or)
- B.Sc in Graphics, Gaming, and Animation. (or)
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
- Certificate course in Gaming Course.
- Master’s in Game Developer
- Communication Skills
Age Limit: There is no age limitation to apply for the post of a game developer.
Entrance Exams conducted for Multimedia Animation and Graphic Course in India
After completion of grade 12 candidates must have to write the entrance exams in order to join the multimedia animation and graphic course.
- LPU NEST
- NID DAT
- NIFT Entrance exam
Top Colleges that offer Multimedia Animation and Graphic Course
Based on the rank you score in the entrance exams candidates can choose colleges all over India.
- Jain Deemed to be University, Bangalore
- ICAR Design and Media College
- School of Animation, Kolkata
- School of advance graphics & Engineering
- VIT Bhopal
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Doomshell Academy of Advance Computing
Top Colleges that offer Computer Science Courses in India
Here is the list of the best colleges that offers computer science course in India. Select the college by keeping your score in the entrance exams. Because every college will have the cutoff marks to shortlist the candidates.
- Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
- SRM Engineering College
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Amity University
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Satyabhama University
- St. Xavier’s College
- Alagappa University, Karaikui
- Ramanujan College, New Delhi
- Delhi Technologies
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- College of Computer Science and Information Technology
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Christ University
- D.Y. Patil College of Engineering
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology
- Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
- Banaras Hindu University
- How to become a Python Developer in India
- How to become a Software Developer in India
- How to become a Devops Developer in India
Types of Job Roles in Game Developer/Designer
The game Developer job is the most interesting and creative job where you have to put a lot of effort to design the game.
- Game Designer
- Game Audio Engineer
- Game System Designer
- QA Game Tester
- Game Artist
- Creative Game Director
- Game Programmer
- Game Marketer
Responsibilities of Game Developer
Being a game developer you will have some duties and responsibilities to do. Here we have provided the list of duties to do as a game developer.
- Develop and Design the original concept
- Lead the development process
- Storyboard the action of the game
- Create the Game Design Document
- Construct Level structure
- Completing the project within time
- Develop early prototypes
- Define user interface, controls, and menus
Game Development Courses in India
The list of the courses to pursue the game developer in India.
- Certificate course in Game Art & Design
- B.Sc in Graphics, Gaming, and Animation
- Certificate Course in Game Art & Design
- Master’s on Game Developer
- Diploma in Game Design and Integration
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Game Design and Development
- Diploma in Game Programming
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Game Development
- Integrated Master’s in Animation and Multimedia with art and design
- Advance Diploma in Game Design and Development Application
- Advance Diploma in Game Art & 3D Game Content Creation
- Professional Diploma in Game Art
- B.Sc in Game Design & Development
- B.Sc in Multimedia & Animation
Course Duration to Complete Game Developing
The duration and fee structure of all the bachelor, master, and Ph.D. courses are given in the below table.
|Name of the course||Duration||Fee Structure per annum|
|Diploma||1 year||Differs from college to college|
|Bachelor’s||3 years||Rs. 10,000 to 1 lakh|
|Master’s||2 years||Rs. 30,000 to 1 lakh|
|Doctorate||3 years||Rs. 1 lakh to 2 lakhs|
Subjects for Game Development Course
To become a game developer aspirants or applicants are supposed to learn some programming and graphing courses. Here is the list of the courses to learn to become the game developer in India.
- Computer Interface
- Game production
- Programming languages (C++, Java)
- Audio foundation
- Computer graphics
- Modeling and sculpture
- Writing composition
- Operating systems
- Game architecture
- Game integration
- Artificial Intelligence
- Game theory
- 3D animation
- Computer Networks
- Software engineering
- Game physics
Skills Required to Become a Game Developer
To become a game developer or designer the candidates must set the skills required to become a game developer.
- Creative and analytical mind
- Good communication skill
- Careful while making some new things
- Time management skill
- Familiar with mobile games, video games, etc.
- Story making ability
- Strong IT Skills
- Cultural skill to work in projects like cultural game
- Teamwork skill
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Proficiency in computer programming
- Passionate for game development
Study Material & Books to Become Game Developer
- Artificial Intelligence for Games by Ian Millington and John Funge
- Game Theory: An Introduction by Steve Tadelis
- The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses by Jesse Schell
- Level Up! The Guide To Great Video Game Design by Scot Rogers
- Game Engine Architecture by Jason Gregory
- The writer of the book named Game Theory by Steve Tadelis
- The author Viktor Latypov and Sergey Kosarevsky are written the book name Android NDK Game Development.
- The fourth edition of Game Coding Complete by the author David Graham and Mike Mcshaffry.
Top Recruiting Companies for a Game Developer
The top companies that will hire you as a game developer are given below.
- GSN Games
- Dhruva Interactive, Bangalore
- 2 Pi Interactive, Hyderabad
- Apar Games, Hyderabad
- 99 Games, Karnataka
- Games2win, Mumbai
Benefits of becoming a Game Developer
- Good salary
- Unique experience
- Job security
Salary of a Game Developer As per Job Designation
The estimated salary for the employees as fresher and senior employees are listed in the below table.
|Job Role||Initial Salary||Experienced Salary|
|Game Artist||Rs. 3,00,000||Rs. 30,50,000|
|Game Marketer/PR||Rs. 4,00,000||Rs. 11,87,000|
|Game Animator||Rs. 2,28,000||Rs. 24,00,000|
|Creative Game Director||Rs. 1,20,000||Rs. 20,00,000|
|Game Designer||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 10,03,628|
|Game System Designer||Rs. 3,50,000||Rs. 18 ,00,000|
|Game Audio Engineer||Rs. 1,18,000||Rs. 30,63,927|
FAQs: Game Developer
How much a game developer earns in India?
The average salary of a game developer is around Rs. 4 to 8 lakhs per annum.
How to become a game developer in India?
- Obtain a bachelor’s degree
- Math and physics skills
- Software engineering skills
- Build a game developer portfolio
- Certified Game developing course
- Get an entry-level game developer position
Are Game Developers in demand?
Yes, game developers have the highest demand all over the world.
The information provided in this article is research-based and accurate too. Here the candidates can know the tips to know how to become a game developer in India. We wish the details help you a lot to learn and to apply for the post of game developer in India. Keep in touch with us to get the latest information about all the software courses.