Nowadays computer programmers are the builders of the computing world. There is a lot of scope for the students in the software field. There is a huge demand for computer Programmers. The candidates must have to pursue the course related to IT, Maths, Computer Science. A Computer Programming job is all about writing the code using certain computer languages.
Do you want to build your career as a computer programmer? If we are right then this article will be very helpful for all the aspirants. There is no need to write any entrance exams to get selected as computer programmers. Know how to become a computer programmer in India from this page. All you need to do is to just scroll this page to get the information like what are eligibilities, responsibilities, course details like duration, fees and online programming course and so on from here.
- Computer Programmer
- Responsibilities of a Computer Programmer
- Eligibility to become a Computer Programmer | Eligibility Criteria
- Entrance Exams to become a Computer Programmer
- Courses for becoming a Computer Programmer
- Computer Programmer Course Duration
- B.Sc Computer Science Syllabus for a Computer Programmer
- Top Colleges/Institutions that offer Computer Science Courses in India
- Online Programming Courses with Duration to become a Computer Programmer
- Computer Programmer Skills
- Computer Programmer Salary in India
- Top Companies that hires Computer Programmers
- Pros & Cons of a Computer Programmer
- What are the subjects in Computer Science Engineering?
- How much is a programmer paid in India?
- What are the highest salary programming jobs in India?
- Can I become a programmer without a degree?
A computer programmer is also known as a coder. A computer programmer can be employed to suggest the software developers, analysts, computer scientists. Programmers use computer languages such as C, C++, Python, Java, Machine Learning, etc. The job roles and responsibilities of a computer programmer are discussed in the coming sections.
- Write programs in computer languages like C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Test and compile the code and fix the bugs if there are any errors.
- Create and test code in IDE
In order to apply for a computer programmer post, the candidates must accomplish the eligibility criteria that is mentioned by the organizations.
- Must have passed 10+2 with at least 65% from any recognized board.
- Should have completed bachelor in Computer Science or IT with a minimum of 65% from any recognized university/institution.
- Knowledge of programming languages like JAVA, Python, etc.
- Should have certificate course on any of the programming language.
- Communication Skills
- Should have completed an internship in the programming field.
Age Limitations: There are age limitations to applying for the post of computer programmer. The minimum age to apply for the computer programmer job is 20 years.
In order to join the bachelor’s candidates must apply for the entrance exams like EAMCET, JEE mains, JEE Advanced, etc. If you score good marks in the entrance exams then you will be eligible to apply for the colleges that offer computer science courses.
UG Level Entrance Exams
- JEE Mains
- JEE Advanced
PG Level Entrance Exams
- How to become a Python Developer in India
- How to become a Software Developer in India
- How to become an App Developer in India
- B.Tech in Computer Science
- B.Sc Computer Applications – Bachelor of Science in Computer Applications
- B.Sc Computer Maintenance & Electronics
- B.Sc Computer Science Statistics
- B.Sc (Hons.) Computer Science
- B.Sc (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science
- B.Sc (Mathematics, Computer, Statistics)
- B.Sc + M.Sc (Bachelors and Masters in Computer Science)
- M. Tech in Computer Science
- Master of Technology in Computer and Information Science
- Master of Philosophy in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematics with Oceanology and Computer
- Master of Science in Computer Communication
- Master of Science Honours in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- M.Sc (Operation Research & Computer Applications)
- Master of Science in Statistics and Computer Applications
- Master of Science and Technology in Industrial Mathematics with Computer
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Computer Science
- Diploma in Advanced Computing (DAC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Hardware
- Advanced Diploma in Software Development
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Aided Interior Space
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science and Applications
The duration and fee structure of all the bachelor, master, and Ph.D. courses are given in the below table.
|Name of the course||Duration||Fee Structure per annum|
|Diploma||1 year||Differs from college to college|
|Bachelor’s||3 years||Rs. 10,000 to 1 lakh|
|Master’s||2 years||Rs. 30,000 to 1 lakh|
|Doctorate||3 years||Rs. 1 lakh to 2 lakhs|
Here is the list of the subjects in B.Sc Computer Science sem-wise to become a computer programmer.
- Introduction to Digital Electronics
- Basics of Computer Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Foundation course in Mathematics
- Functional English-I
- Front Office Management
- Discrete Mathematics
- Computer Organization
- Value and Ethics
- Fundamental of Open Source Software-LINUX
- Object-Oriented Programming using C++
- Operating Systems concepts
- Introduction to Data Structures
- System Analysis and design
- Technical Writing
- Analytical Skill Development-I
- Database Management Systems
- Report Writing(Yantra)
- Analytical Skill Development-II
- System Programming
- Numerical Analysis
- Introduction to Computer Network
- Python programming
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Mobile Application Development
- Personality Development Program
- Mini Project-I
- Introduction to Web Technology
- Project Work
- Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
- SRM Engineering College
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Amity University
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Satyabhama University
- St. Xavier’s College
- Alagappa University, Karaikui
- Ramanujan College, New Delhi
- Delhi Technologies
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- College of Computer Science and Information Technology
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Christ University
- D.Y. Patil College of Engineering
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology
- Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
- Banaras Hindu University
|Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by Coursera||12 Hours|
|Introduction to Programming with Python and Java Specialization by Coursera||4 months|
|Java Programming and Software Engineering Fundamentals Specialization by Coursera||4 months|
|Introduction to Programming in C++ by edX||8 weeks|
|Advanced Programming in C++ by edX||8 weeks|
|Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Specialization by Coursera||4 months|
|Machine Learning: Hands-On Python & R In Data Science by Udemy||44 hours|
|2021 Complete Python Bootcamp From Zero to Hero in Python by Udemy||22 hours|
In addition to the educational qualifications, the selection committee will expect some skills from the aspirants.
- Good Communication Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Basic knowledge of programming language
- Problem Solving Skills
- Technical writing skills
- Troubleshooting skills
The salary for the candidates will be based on their educational qualification, performance and job role, and also the company. Here in the below table, we have provided the salary details as per the job role.
|Role of Job||Annual Income|
|Team Leader||Rs. 5,80,000 to 20,00,000|
|Java Developer||Rs. 2,00,000 to 10,00,000|
|.NET Software Developer/Programmer||Rs. 1,80,000 to 9,00,000|
|Lead Software Engineer||Rs. 7,00,000 to 20,00,000|
|Senior Software Engineer||Rs. 5,00,000 to 20,00,000|
|Software Engineer||Rs. 2,50,000 to 10,00,000|
|Software Developer||Rs. 2,00,000 to 10,00,000|
|Associate Software Engineer||Rs. 2,20,000 to 10,00,000|
|Senior Software Developer/Programmer/Developer||Rs. 4,00,000 to 20,00,000|
|Software Developer/Programmer/Developer||Rs. 2,30,000 to 10,00,000|
The list of companies that hires computer programmers with good salary are given below.
- Tech Mahindra
- Sun Microsystem
- Lenovo Group Limited
- Job Security
- Good Salary
- Stress and pressure
Frequently Asked Question on Computer Programmer Job
- Operating System
- Design and Analysis of Algorithm
- Programming Languages
- Computer Software
- Database Management System
- Mobile Communications
- Cryptography and Network Security
- Performance Evaluation
About 4 to 15 lakhs is paid per annum for a computer programmer in India.
- Data Science
- Machine Learning Professionals
A programming job is one skill that does not require any college degree.
Hope the info seen in the above article is helpful for all the candidates who aspire to become computer programmers. Stick to our site if you feel that this article is beneficial for you to become a Computer Programmer in India. Also, the students can get the latest information regarding all the Engineering jobs with complete guidance from our website.